GDT: Game 30: Coyotes @ Sabres - 5PM - FSAZ

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Don't think I can take another 50 games of 1-2 goal losses. We don't have the firepower and we can't steal games with goaltending now either. This team is a yawn.
So many of the posters here wanted fast and entertaining hockey and didn't care about the wins. Well, you got your wish. "How do you like them now"?

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Bunting and Garland are both keepers though. Especially Bunting. Better than the recycled crap we've had on the fourth in recent years.
I wouldn't go that far, yet. They have looked very good, so there is hope.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
So many of the posters here wanted fast and entertaining hockey and didn't care about the wins. Well, you got your wish. "How do you like them now"?
Personally I have been to more games this year than past few, that will continue as I am actually entertained. I would not pay one cent to watch the old Devils. Preference would be winning but I still take entertaining fast paced hockey over boring trap winning.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Personally I have been to more games this year than past few, that will continue as I am actually entertained. I would not pay one cent to watch the old Devils. Preference would be winning but I still take entertaining fast paced hockey over boring trap winning.
Especially when it's not at all clear that "trapping center ice, collapsing in our own zone, getting exhausted, and then dumping every retrieved puck at center ice to go for a change" was actually resulting in more wins.
As Sniper pointed out earlier, we're bottom five for GA/P, and we've used three different goalies. The stupid mistakes are killing us. But trapping center ice isn't going to stop Goligoski from passing to the opposing players in the slot.
We're also bottom five for GF/P. This is an even bigger problem.

Reactions: RemoAZ

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Not me. I would rather go to a game and win 1-0 or 2-1, than watch figure skaters lose 4-1 or 5-3. Losing gets old, fast, mind you, the Yotes fan base are use to it.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Jakey today's game is speed and high end skill.
Chyka's doing the right thing he just needs to get some more gritty guys mixed with skill. That player is hard to find.
RT is playing the style with the hand he's been dealt. This team is super soft butter and could only play a speed possession game. yes it makes it more entertaining but we just lack the talent to win more.
I'm sure Tippett could take a lunch pail team and win more games but we would always struggle.
Notice he has no job in the NHL?

Reactions: Ghostface Keller

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Tippett will not be coaching in Seattle. He’s already said that in interviews. Look for him to end up as VP of hockey ops or a similar position.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad