GDT: Game 3: Sharks @ Stars 5:00pm NBCSCA

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
So just to be clear, we're going to spend 10 pages in the GDT talking about how Goodrow shouldn't have chased the puck-carrier who was already covered by Ferraro, right?
So what you are saying is smith did as the coaching staff is instructing the players to do in those situations?

I am just glad it wasn't smith that was lazy in the back check like Zetterlund was, as it would of been 200 pages of complaints.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Or can we talk about Ferraro just being awful on being on absolutely no one at any point in that play?
I think there was some confusion because Goodrow went towards the puck carrier instead of the trailer, so Ferraro was kinda caught between them. Not a fantastic play from him by any means but I don't think he's at fault for that play.

So what you are saying is smith did as the coaching staff is instructing the players to do in those situations?

I am just glad it wasn't smith that was lazy in the back check like Zetterlund was, as it would have been 200 pages of complaints.
Beats me. No idea how the players are being instructed to cover rushes. I just mean that veteran defensive presence was just responsible for a goal against in the same way that our 19 year old rookie was last game, and we went insane over it.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
I think there was some confusion because Goodrow went towards the puck carrier instead of the trailer, so Ferraro was kinda caught between them. Not a fantastic play from him by any means but I don't think he's at fault for that play.

Beats me. No idea how the players are being instructed to cover rushes. I just mean that veteran defensive presence was just responsible for a goal against in the same way that our 19 year old rookie was last game, and we went insane over it.
I am guessing they are, as that article from earlier today stated some teams instruct to attack the puck carrier by the first forward back. And now multiple shark players has done the same situation in back to back games. With one of those players being a veteran defensive player.

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
My issue is that he has plenty of time to see Goodrow as the puck carrier. Rather than step up to the open man, he continues to float backwards towards Blackwood well after the original pass to the middle from Johnston.

He follows the puck with his eyes but just keeps floating back to ensure Hitz has space.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I am guessing they are, as that article from earlier today stated some teams instruct to attack the puck carrier by the first forward back. And now multiple shark players has done the same situation in back to back games. With one of those players being a veteran defensive player.
Definitely possible. But if that's the case, then the defense should know that and play more of a zone defense, I would think, no?

To be fair, it was like one person who had 50 in-depth posts about it.
It was discussed so much that it literally made it to Jack Han on twitter. Don't think PF has that kinda sway alone. :laugh:

• Haha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad