GDT: Game 3: Red Wings at rags 7:00 pm et 10/14/24

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
And like Hudler before him, Berggren is getting the Babcock treatment from Newsy. Sticking him with players who are not anywhere near his offensive iq and creativity, so hes not getting points. And since hes not getting points, casuals think he sux. Its ridiculous, why not try him with Raymond and like Compher. Then maybe Larkin Tank and Cat. Maybe Copp, Kane and Ras...let Kane bounce a couple in off Copp, Abby style...but no, this is much too difficult for a multi million dollar coach to devise and practice with once or twice.
The problem is the other wingers are raymond cat kane and tarasenko. Which are you putting in the bottom 6? Because none of those guys will be effective in that role, either. Just poor roster construction.

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
Remembered one instance in the third period last night where we broke out in an unexpected three on two and Ras got the puck right in the middle. Both defenders flared out wide, daring Ras to just take it straight down the middle on the goalie. He passed it immediately and the threat was easily neutralized.

Fell down on another feed from Berg down the middle as well.

Ras really hurt us in the offensive end last night.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Here’s my thing, who will he replace? Maata, seider, chiarot and edvinsson aren’t ever gonna sit, Johansson has been looking great, and that leaves a spot left open for either petry, holl or Gustafsson, and he’s a worse defender than both holl and petry, which is saying something. He’s simply not needed.

Side note I also think Berggren kasper and Rasmussen would be a good third line, sue me.

someone who gets hurt or slumps. Other than that you sit on him knowing you have a guy who will know the system and slide into place next year when we let Petry and Maata walk and (hopefully) bring up a primed Wallinder or a serious upgrade from outside the club (which would probably include dealing Wallinder).

The spots are there and the timelines work to shift kids into those spots or bring in better help, and it just so happens we likely see a similar thing up front over the course of this season and next with Kaspar, Danielson, Mazur, and Nygaard. We are so close to turning the corner on this roster and seeing if the rebuild is actually going to take off.

Reactions: LongTimeDRWF

raymond23

lgrw
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Remembered one instance in the third period last night where we broke out in an unexpected three on two and Ras got the puck right in the middle. Both defenders flared out wide, daring Ras to just take it straight down the middle on the goalie. He passed it immediately and the threat was easily neutralized.

Fell down on another feed from Berg down the middle as well.

Ras really hurt us in the offensive end last night.

Yep it was an awesome feed from Edvinsson. Ras passed it immediately, stopped moving his feet, coasted to the net and stared at the puck

It was hard to watch. This team is hard to watch in general. Can't remember the last time I was this bored with a red wings team, which sucks

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
Yep it was an awesome feed from Edvinsson. Ras passed it immediately, stopped moving his feet, coasted to the net and stared at the puck

It was hard to watch. This team is hard to watch in general. Can't remember the last time I was this bored with a red wings team, which sucks
You can't remember two years ago?

Last year was the first time in a long while that games were fun. Then our team got worse...

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Absolutely no life in this team, cut the bottom two lines and fill them with kids trying to make a difference Mazur Kasper Lombardi Danielson - I miss Walman, not sure this team is worth watching at this point - plugs indeed.
The problem.is we are stuck with them

JohanFranzenstein

Dec 6, 2013
Looooots of overreacting in this thread.

Igor is the best goalie on the planet, and it isn't close. We had tons of chances, whether it was shooting from the outside, the hatch marks, or just garbage in front. Dude was dialed in.

If we had half the chances we did last night against Pittsburgh (and if Jimmy Husso wasn't in net), we're the ones winning 6-3.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
I am convinced this board will completely melt down before the end of the season. I guess we all knew this day was coming.

jaster

I am become woke, destroyer of ignorance.
Jun 8, 2007
Like what day ?

What the hell am I looking at? When does this happen in the season?
Now. You're looking at now, sir. Everything that happens now, is happening now.
What happened to then?
We passed then.
When?
Just now. We're at now now.
Go back to then.
When?
Now.
Now?
Now.
I can't.
Why?
We missed it.
When?
Just now.

wingerdinger

Oct 21, 2018
Wish we could have a 3rd line of Mazur-Kasper-Berggren.

Would add a lot of depth and dynamincism to our roster and I'd it would be one of the best 3rd lines in the league by the end of the season.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad