Post-Game Talk: Game #3 Pens vs Leafs

Whyme

Nov 3, 2019
Before that, he was playing with Connor McDavid and barely cracked a 40 point pace.

I like Puljujarvi but saying he's the "most talented wing" on this team is just insanely dumb. His best season ever is 36 points in 65 games where he was playing with McDavid and got notable PP production. If that is the "most talented wing" on your team, your team sucks dong.

He got some time with McDavid but played mainly in lower lines. In 2020-2021 he scored 15 goals in 55 games with very little PP time. His ES goals/60 was the 2nd highest of the team and his goals/60 was the 3rd highest. The first part of the following season was even better, but the other part the opposite. Of course optimally you have a winger that's produced higher totals, not denying that, but just adding that when healthy Puljujarvi may be a solid top9 option.

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
Played a good team that’s supposed to compete for a cup in their home opener. I thought we played well given the circumstances.

Reactions: spcastlemagic

Duffy13

‎(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ ┻━┻
Feb 16, 2013
PEI, Canada
Lol…just come out and say you and your team were ass…

The 2nd oldest team in the league is not a work in progress, it's the finished product. Obtaining bottom 6 players to play in the bottom 6, is not a revolutionary process. Obtaining a bottom 6 player and playing them on the first line is arrogantly saying you are smarter than everyone else and smiling while having broccoli between your teeth.

I am not a Sullivan hater, I believe he is a good coach, I also believe his time here is done and it would be beneficial to both parties to move on. Both need a new outlook.

Reactions: Andy99

Duffy13

‎(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ ┻━┻
Feb 16, 2013
PEI, Canada
Not going to hang up on plus events and minus events, this team is what it is, and we will be able to enjoy the playoffs without having to be stressed out over how bad this team is compared to others.

Enjoying so far this early in the season:
Karllsons ability to read the play and pick off passes so quickly (yes he gets caught sometimes, but I really enjoy this aspect of his game)
Glass being noticeable as bottom 6 winger who is tough to play against
McGroat not looking out of place at all
The PP having movement and a net front presence with point shots
Bloom being a pleasant surprise and being pretty solid
Graves has actually looked good the last 2 games
The Malkin Gallop
Ellers line has looked solid, fast, getting scoring opportunities, and without looking i believe they are outplaying their on ice opponents most times... seems like it anyways.

Not Enjoing so far haha:
Beau on the first line
Self sabotage plays, this team is too experienced to continue to make boneheaded passes and be in the positioning they find themselves in
Defence? what is defense?
This is a sloooooooow team
This is a very soft non physical team. Hit of the game I believe has been from opposing teams so far this season.
Sids Line is cooked with those wingers. We need top 6 wing help very soon, like now preferably, 2 please.

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
Send McGroaty down. He's not going to develop playing 4th line minutes.
Agreed. And it looks like from at least the first game he would have some scoring talent around him.

Which is what we should be developing.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Hopefully Sullivan isn’t stuck on the lineup he put out there tonight because it was ass lol…not much he can do with those Dmen, woof…but I’d try a forward lineup of…

Rakell-Sid-Rust
Bunting-G-Doc
Beau-Eller-PoolParty
Hayes-Glass-Acciari

Might want to sub in Puusty for Beau or PoolParty depending on opponent..send McG down

Don’t think Beau should be an every-game player..
Don’t see what we can do against MTL, fast young team…we usually look like ass against them lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad