GDT: Game #3; Ottawa Senators @ Toronto Maple Leafs | Battle of Ontario - In Ontario

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
it's completely different and you know that.
had Chicago fluked their way to a cup win, and then completely crashed the next few years, you know darned well the storyline would be "Chicago won the cup in 13, but it was a half season."

The argument is, the Leafs made the playoffs in a shortened season.

Like it's some sort of asterisk on the season that it doesn't really hold as much weight.

So my point was, do the Blackhawks only get 0.5 of a championship or do they still get credit for a Stanley Cup win?

Swayze*

Like it's some sort of asterisk on the season that it doesn't really hold as much weight.

So my point was, do the Blackhawks only get 0.5 of a championship or do they still get credit for a Stanley Cup win?

Because the leafs are notorious collapsers and hosers and the blackhawks are a dynasty?

Think about it

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
It absolutely does. NHL starting goalies need to do it 82 games, there are plenty of goalies who go hot for a stretch of the season every year. Hamburgler anyone?

They never really gave him a chance though to have that full season. I like Bernier but that trade was perplexing.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009

well the argument should be that the Leafs barely made the playoffs in a shortened season. Everyone keeps holding on to this like it was an accomplishment or something. For the Leafs - it meant nothing. it was a blip. had it been a full season they don't make it.

and again. my point still stands. if Chicago, Leaf'ed it up the year before, and the last 2 years after - darn tootin' there would be an asterisk beside it.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
well the argument should be that the Leafs barely made the playoffs in a shortened season. Everyone keeps holding on to this like it was an accomplishment or something. For the Leafs - it meant nothing. it was a blip. had it been a full season they don't make it.

and again. my point still stands. if Chicago, Leaf'ed it up the year before, and the last 2 years after - darn tootin' there would be an asterisk beside it.

No there wouldn't, you win the cup you go through 16 games of hell no asterisks.

Fabs

Dec 19, 2005
Friend was just telling me the Leafs will kill it off. I laughed and they scored.

Mar 26, 2010
Phaneuf was weak on the play and failed to clear it. Pathetic effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad