GDT: Game 3: Ottawa Senators at Montreal Canadiens 7:00 EST (City/TVAS) - First Saturday Night Game of the Season

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
What's the point of even having a good preseason, busting up your knuckles, getting hit in the face if you keep getting snubbed? What better team to play against then the Sens? Honestly MSL is a total dork

I'd love AV, you really would not want him?

No, I have had my fill of old school Q league coaches who run the same playbook.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Yeah it's too bad we couldn't get Therrien or Julien for a 3rd time.. maybe try Vigneault again. If it ain't broke.
It's too bad they don't seem to look very hard for coaches whenever it's time to hire one. It always looks like limited choices with a rushed decision. No matter, throwing the book at MSL for his obvious deficiencies will get more and more justified as people get tired of the same boring excuses.

Marty needs to learn as much as his players.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Yes, I've seen improvement in the last 3 years.

All of the important players of our rebuild have taken steps every year and drawing massive conclusions from a 2 game sample size on a back to back against the heavyweights of our division, is an overreaction we can easily avoid.

The current consternation on the board is toward not dressing our spare forward in one of 3 games to start the season and trading away our 8th defenseman. Let's put some things in perspective.

Fortunately, the organization is focused on building towards a cup, not cater to fan overreactions & drama.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
It's too bad they don't seem to look very hard for coaches whenever it's time to hire one. It always looks like limited choices with a rushed decision. No matter, throwing the book at MSL for his obvious deficiencies will get more and more justified as people get tired of the same boring excuses.

Marty needs to learn as much as his players.

Nah, it's not gonna get justified for awhile.

We are in year 3 of a 5/8 year rebuild, expecting instant results on every level is a failure of rational expectations and not something MSL has to wear.

And let's be real, when the criticism is about the games Pezzetta plays or doesn't play, we are really yelling at clouds.

Reactions: SlafySZN

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal

We are in year 3 of a 5/8 year rebuild, expecting instant results on every level is a failure of rational expectations and not something MSL has to wear.

And let's be real, when the criticism is about the games Pezzetta plays or doesn't play, we are really yelling at clouds.
Oh it's a 5-8 years rebuild now? :laugh:

Don't care about Pezzetta, there's plenty of better critiques, for that you're right.

Reactions: Spring in Fialta

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
No, I have had my fill of old school Q league coaches who run the same playbook.

Um, we've been running the dump and chase since 94 , there is nothing new here at all. What is MSL doing that you think is groundbreaking and original? The drop pass? What is our system?

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC

5-8 year rebuild goes against what even the club is saying. Get real. A bottom finish this year would be considered a failure by the organization and its players.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Yeah, those guys can protecc the puck (except Anderson) and use their reach and yadda yadda, but I'm talking about getting pucks in behind the D and start pummeling guys.

None of those guys are that kind of player. Anderson used to be, but MSL wants to turn him into Armia.

Slaf can do that, but he also plays 18-20 min. per game...he wont be able to sustain that.

Kent needs to build the bottom 6 accordingly.

MSL forecheck is to be in the passing lane and do fly-bys.

He would bench these guys like he does with Pezz.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Um, we've been running the dump and chase since 94 , there is nothing new here at all. What is MSL doing that you think is groundbreaking and original? The drop pass? What is our system?
There isn't any. The coach isn't doing that job. Isn't that why we got Grillo?

• Haha
Reactions: Habs

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl

hmmm sadly this is inaccurate, for a season there under Jacques Martin we played the extremely rare but very real "dump and don't chase" system that surprisingly enough, didn't work very well

Habs

Feb 28, 2002
hmmm sadly this is inaccurate, for a season there under Jacques Martin we played the extremely rare but very real "dump and don't chase" system that surprisingly enough, didn't work very well

We have one system, but now all teams added this stupid drop pass and every coach is copying it lol. I think Scotty Bowman's 'left wing lock' was the last time we went off script

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
The MSL weird hate is so forced lol.
It's mind blowing people giving up on a coach who is just overseeing this rebuild transition right now

Once the team finally gets their pieces in the right spots and our bottom 6ers making too much money are gone
THEN we can really see whether he's the right coach or not

But this isn't the final team yet, and I don't see who you hire ANYway that would do a better job with what we have right now
Puzzling

Habs

Feb 28, 2002
It's mind blowing people giving up on a coach who is just overseeing this rebuild transition right now

Once the team finally gets their pieces in the right spots and our bottom 6ers making too much money are gone
THEN we can really see whether he's the right coach or not

But this isn't the final team yet, and I don't see who you hire ANYway that would do a better job with what we have right now
Puzzling

quality coaches speeds up the rebuild though....

Reactions: The Real Timo

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
The thing with Primeau is a lot of goals were not quite his fault. But there were just too many like that.
He did the "it's not a bad goal, just would have liked a save there"

If that makes sense.

I shouldn't say it's just him, but it hurt the team. Probably made worse given the luck/clinic Monty put on the day before.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
He did the "it's not a bad goal, just would have liked a save there"

If that makes sense.

I shouldn't say it's just him, but it hurt the team. Probably made worse given the luck/clinic Monty put on the day before.
Yes there was luck involved. Good goalies probably get luckier with missed shots because players feel they need to make perfect shots to beat them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad