GDT: Game 3: Ottawa Senators at Montreal Canadiens 7:00 EST (City/TVAS) - First Saturday Night Game of the Season

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
MSL is getting on my nerves big time. Another clueless coach a-la Tremblay. Maybe nicer as a person but not a good coach.

MSL is getting on my nerves big time. Another clueless coach a-la Tremblay. Maybe nicer as a person but not the right coach for the Habs anymore. Of course it will take another 5 years or so before management realizes that.
Wow. How did that happen?

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
MSL is getting on my nerves big time. Another clueless coach a-la Tremblay. Maybe nicer as a person but not a good coach.

MSL is getting on my nerves big time. Another clueless coach a-la Tremblay. Maybe nicer as a person but not the right coach for the Habs anymore. Of course it will take another 5 years or so before management realizes that.
👍

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
This is a lot of vitriol toward a coach for not dressing a 13th forward.

Pezz isn't that good guys, lol, yeah it'd be nice to have some extra oomph against the Sens but the organization has invested in the draft for tough guys like that who can actually play a regular shift,

You said it: Pez is a 13th forward. So why does MSL have him 14th on the dept chart???? We're already 3 games in. Wake up! (I joke).

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
This is a lot of vitriol toward a coach for not dressing a 13th forward.

Pezz isn't that good guys, lol, yeah it'd be nice to have some extra oomph against the Sens but the organization has invested in the draft for tough guys like that who can actually play a regular shift,

Have you seen improvement in 3 years?

Hell, the rocket plays the « habs system » better than the habs himself.

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
Wow. How did that happen?
Oh no, the AI's have gotten a hold of TRT lol

I actually have no issues with MSL. He's a players coach, who stands up for his players. With the team being so young, that is exactly the type of coach I'd hope we'd have. As the team matures though. I'd like to see a more veteran coach added to the staff.

• Haha
Reactions: The Real Timo

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Have you seen improvement in 3 years?

Hell, the rocket plays the « habs system » better than the habs himself.

Yes, I've seen improvement in the last 3 years.

All of the important players of our rebuild have taken steps every year and drawing massive conclusions from a 2 game sample size on a back to back against the heavyweights of our division, is an overreaction we can easily avoid.

The current consternation on the board is toward not dressing our spare forward in one of 3 games to start the season and trading away our 8th defenseman. Let's put some things in perspective.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Yes, I've seen improvement in the last 3 years.

All of the important players of our rebuild have taken steps every year and drawing massive conclusions from a 2 game sample size on a back to back against the heavyweights of our division, is an overreaction we can easily avoid.

The current consternation on the board is toward not dressing our spare forward in one of 3 games to start the season and trading away our 8th defenseman. Let's put some things in perspective.

Well i havent seen improvement in our team game collectively in our d zone, our special team.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Good guy, not so great coach
MSL sometimes annoys me with some of his combinations. He took way too long not putting Slaf with Suzuki and Caufiled, and instead trying Anderson over and over.

Now sure I would like some things different, like Hutson on the pp. But Hutson will be there pretty soon. So, we just have to be patient. I was hoping Kapanen would get chances in offensive spots, and he's already on pp2 tonight. Hopefully he gets in the top 9 soon.

And my own pet peave is: Dvo is just not a good centerman. You can make him your 4c. Ok. But even better would be having him on the wing. He's got skill, size, and grit. He's just not dynamic enough to be a good C in the new NHL.

Last edited:

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Well i havent seen improvement in our team game collectively in our d zone, our special team.

Our PK ended last season on a high note and has been pretty solid to start the year, the outlier being Dvorak skating into Savard and giving the Bruins a 5 on 2 that should have been a routine save for Primeau.

The team defense has switched to a stricter zone concept, which the entire board wanted.

Team defense is usually the last thing to come together when you are icing the youngest roster in the NHL.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002

What's the point of even having a good preseason, busting up your knuckles, getting hit in the face if you keep getting snubbed? What better team to play against then the Sens? Honestly MSL is a total dork

Yeah it's too bad we couldn't get Therrien or Julien for a 3rd time.. maybe try Vigneault again. If it ain't broke.

I'd love AV, you really would not want him?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad