Post-Game Talk: Game 3 - New York Rangers @ Winnipeg Jets - 8pm EST , MSG

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Reaves looks svelt, half a step quicker on the forecheck and it makes a big difference for his line

No problem with CKs penalty at all. When the games start to really matter late in the season the refs would let that go anyway, especially after a whack at Igor's glove. Gallant didn't seem to have any issue with it either.

He’s got some chemistry with Carpenter (whk has been a pleasant surprise) as well

Reactions: QJL

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
No this is completely unrealistic.

Games are 0 based indexed.

Game 1: 4^0 = 1 point
Game 2: 4^1 = 4 points
Game 3: 4^2 = 16 points
Game 82: 4^81 = 5.8460065e+48 points
revenge-of-the-nerds-nerds.gif

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
I don't mind Carpenter, but would like him to change his number.

I just think Shattenkirk every time I see 22 skate around.
Lol same for me, especially because he's also right handed and about the same size as Shatty.

Carpenter has actually been perfectly fine since the season started. He looked like an ECHLer in preseason but he's been fine these two games.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Another chance to ruin someone's home opener.
That was my thought. Have we ever started a season with three straight home openers?

I don't mind Carpenter, but would like him to change his number.

I just think Shattenkirk every time I see 22 skate around.

I think how did Thomas Pock move to forward and improve his physical play.

Reactions: Greg02

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I've been extremely vocal about my displeasure in both the Carpenter signing and his camp performance.

He's been a pleasant surprise the first two games. Almost chipped in a goal last night too.

It amuses me that Joe has the exact same lines of dialogue re-Carpenter that he did re-Rooney

I know these guys have to talk a lot, but it was like literally word for word the same description.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Yes but he gave us probably the best picture in hockey, nay, human history so it was well worth it.

I don't/didn't have an issue with him playing in this game at all. Minnesota is pretty physical/dirty and at least he was there to feed Foligno fists after he took a run at Miller. Just pointing out that he sucked aside from that and honestly, he really shouldn't be an every day player (I'd sit him vs Anaheim.)

That is a dope picture though.

Bacon Artemi Bravo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2007
I don't/didn't have an issue with him playing in this game at all. Minnesota is pretty physical/dirty and at least he was there to feed Foligno fists after he took a run at Miller. Just pointing out that he sucked aside from that and honestly, he really shouldn't be an every day player (I'd sit him vs Anaheim.)

That is a dope picture though.
Totally agree. That was the exact type of game we needed him for. Minny pushed us around last season and got away with way too much(on Hank night none the less). Glad the Rangers met the challenge last night and beat their asses in their home opener.

tomobson

Sep 16, 2008
Hopefully Blais is ready. He'll really help solidify the bottom six even more.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Carpenter is a better defender than Shattenkirk ever was.

I too will eat some crow on Carpenter, he's been good in the 1st two games. I still am not a huge fan of him and Reaves together, yet as long as the other team has a counterpart, Reaves is needed.

Reactions: HatTrick Swayze

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Reaves should only play 50-60 games. Against the right teams. We should school someone else in gradually. Maybe Kravtsov and Reaves rotate in the lineup depending on opposition with some others sliding up or down (Goodrow/Blais) the lineup. Hunt is going to get waived or traded when everyone is healthy. Drury will see the cap space for the TDL as a top priority

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Reaves should only play 50-60 games. Against the right teams. We should school someone else in gradually. Maybe Kravtsov and Reaves rotate in the lineup depending on opposition with some others sliding up or down (Goodrow/Blais) the lineup. Hunt is going to get waived or traded when everyone is healthy. Drury will see the cap space for the TDL as a top priority
It's rare that all 12 forwards are healthy especially with guys like Blais perpetually hurt. I like Hunt as an insurance policy if needed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad