GDT: Game 3/82 Blues @ Knights 9PM CST BSMW

Klank Loves You

Feb 21, 2015
Not terribly surprised. This is probably what i expect for the rest of the season. Some quality pieces. But you need more than that to win.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
The Blues, seemingly tired from the 3 game long, Western road trip, fell short. But, at least they didn't quit, coming out playing hard in the entire 3rd Period. So, I don't feel too bad that they didn't win all 3 games. They need to work on their puck possession, on Power Play plays (even though they scored on one tonight), and faceoffs, and lots of other things. Glad to see Bolduc getting ice time. I can't wait to see Dvorsky in NHL games. Broberg looked good this game. He's going to be solid. Lots of things to be happy about from this opening road trip.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Bolduc is leaving a lot to be desired right now. He's not doing anything wrong. But he's not giving them a reason to keep him up right now when Saad comes back.

Reactions: BlueOil

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Bolduc is leaving a lot to be desired right now. He's not doing anything wrong. But he's not giving them a reason to keep him up right now when Saad comes back.

He's better than Kapanen and Neighbours.

Bolduc - 2nd in Scoring chances per 60, 4th in High danger chances per 60. Neighbours has been on the ice for 4 goals against at 5v5, Bolduc 0.

i aint Dunn yet

Apr 13, 2015
did the other joseph get in tonight ?
Pierre Joseph was a bright spot for me, he played better than I thought he would and looked better than Kessel at times.

Saad should go for in for Kapps and then its either Tex or Bolduc and I like both players so far.
was just going to ask this , going to try to watch a little bit of the rebroadcast

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
Can't be too mad about this one. Starting the season 3 games in 4 nights all on road, finishing with b2b against one of best team in league and still competing with them right to the end.

PO Joseph had a couple of bad spots but seriously thought he played OK, not great. That #6 spot on defense is still up for grabs.

I need more from Neighbours, other than the screen on game tying goal against San Jose I feel like he has started the season pretty flat.

Same with Holloway but I am giving him a bit more of a pass because new team and he has moved in the lineup too much. Find the kid some stability and I think the offense will come. You see the strong forecheck and effort.

Broberg has been fantastic along with Faulk, IMO they have been our best pairing so far this year. Through three games they are our top pairing in terms of play.

Gotta feel for Binnington in this one, played very well but he was under siege.

Lastly, It is nice that our best players are playing like our best players, Buch, Kyrou and Thomas are killing it to start the year.

taylord22

Mar 30, 2009
I liked his game tonight in the OZ. I expect him to go down, but we could really use the injection of skill.

We need him figuring out how to find spots at the NHL level, and getting comfortable firing the puck. He did more of that tonight, and made some decent plays off the cycle. He couldn't quite handle the extra pressure once VGK went into the shell, but we can afford to live with insulating 1 forward.

It's not going to hurt him to go down to the AHL for a bit. I don't disagree that he hasn't earned extended time. The roster crunch combined with the prospect of putting him with Dvorsky is a look I'm sure they're excited to see. But he can't stay down there long. He's too close, and we need to raise the offensive ceiling up-front.

I like the tweaks Bannister has made to the top 9 — he's already hit with overloading the top line in spots— but I am a little concerned still about that top line. That's a lot of lifting for Thomas to go against the Eichel line with those wingers and still manufacture offense. The Boldy line won't be much of a reprieve on Tuesday. I'm glad to have gotten the clarity during the broadcast around the whole Buch center thing, but...Kyrou might be an upgrade defensively, at this point. Neighbors is starting to get to the plays more consistently, but he's still learning how to read in the DZ. And Schenn is Schenn. He's better defensively in a track meet than he is playing against a cycle.

Overall, I thought this was our best game, by a good amount.

I won't be surprised if we see Broberg/Faulk get the big minutes on Tuesday. They've been good together — Faulk looks healthy, Broberg is trending toward better than advertised.

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
I wouldn’t mind seeing what these d pairings look like soon

Broberg-Parayko
Suter-Faulk
Leddy-Kessel

Kessel worked best last year with Krug, so the thought is having Leddy be his PMD, with Nick being in a lesser role.

Broberg has been our best LHD, and Suter would probably benefit being with Faulk over Kessel.

It is tough thinking about breaking up 6-72, but I think it’d be beneficial for the entirety of the D.

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018
Solid effort. I’m not mad at this.

Got a home stand coming up now so let’s take care of business at home and we’ll be in a good spot.

Good start on the road, although done the hard way.

Now time to dominate on home ice for the rest of the season. Make St. Louis brutal for visitors.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Can't be too mad about this one. Starting the season 3 games in 4 nights all on road, finishing with b2b against one of best team in league and still competing with them right to the end.

PO Joseph had a couple of bad spots but seriously thought he played OK, not great. That #6 spot on defense is still up for grabs.

I need more from Neighbours, other than the screen on game tying goal against San Jose I feel like he has started the season pretty flat.

Same with Holloway but I am giving him a bit more of a pass because new team and he has moved in the lineup too much. Find the kid some stability and I think the offense will come. You see the strong forecheck and effort.

Broberg has been fantastic along with Faulk, IMO they have been our best pairing so far this year. Through three games they are our top pairing in terms of play.

Gotta feel for Binnington in this one, played very well but he was under siege.

Lastly, It is nice that our best players are playing like our best players, Buch, Kyrou and Thomas are killing it to start the year.

I would agree with you. PO Joseph looked better than Kessel did in his first two games. I'm not really blaming him on the 2nd goal as the puck kind of unexpectedly squirted right on Barby's stick, although him and Suter let 2 Knights get behind them on the 4th goal.

That was Mathieu Joseph's best game by far as he was making things happen when on the ice. Bolduc was better than his 1st game, but still leaves a bit to be desired. However, if he continues to trend up then I could see him sticking on that 2nd line. Holloway is still finding his legs but at some point he'll need to make more of an impact than simply hustling.

Parayko is having a bit of a slow start but it's not like he's bad. He was the one who got beat by Eichel on the first goal, though in fairness Eichel will beat most d-men with his speed at some point.

And yes, Binner kept it close and was the only reason we had a chance to tie it late. Feel like he had quite a few high danger saves and can't really fault him on any of the 4 goals.

Eh, you can't win em all. Vegas is still a pretty damn good team. I'm not sure of their depth, but in terms of high-end talent they've still got a lot of it. That Eichel line is gonna be a nightmare for opposing teams this year. Kushy spot for Barbs to be in, that's for sure.

Reactions: BlueMed

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
Leddy cost them that game with that braindead pass.

Oh well.

I think Walker completely screening Binny is actually what cost the game.
I wouldn’t mind seeing what these d pairings look like soon

Broberg-Parayko
Suter-Faulk
Leddy-Kessel

Kessel worked best last year with Krug, so the thought is having Leddy be his PMD, with Nick being in a lesser role.

Broberg has been our best LHD, and Suter would probably benefit being with Faulk over Kessel.

It is tough thinking about breaking up 6-72, but I think it’d be beneficial for the entirety of the D.

Sorry but I don't agree, Leddy is having a rough start sure but he's handled top pairing minutes with Parayko for a few years now and he's done a great job playing a role he shouldn't have to play and moving him down to the 3rd pair is an absolute waste of his talents. Moving him to 2nd pair however I think would benefit him. That is if Broberg can handle top pair.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad