BRUINS GDT GAME 3 1:08 PM - LOS ANGELES - NESN, NESN 4K, ESPN+, SN1, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
1728681707594.png

1728681764897.png

1728681834931.png

Los Angeles Kings (1-0, in the Pacific Division) vs. Boston Bruins (1-1, in the Atlantic Division)

Boston; Saturday, 1 p.m. EDT

BOTTOM LINE: The Los Angeles Kings visit the Boston Bruins after Anze Kopitar's hat trick against the Buffalo Sabres in the Kings' 3-1 win.

Boston had a 47-20-15 record overall and a 26-15-7 record at home last season. The Bruins averaged 3.0 power-play chances per game last season, and converted on 22.2% (54 total power-play goals).

Los Angeles went 44-27-11 overall and 23-17-4 on the road last season. The Kings had a 22.6% power play success rate last season, scoring 56 goals on 248 chances.

INJURIES: Bruins: None listed.

Kings: None listed.

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
The plus is Kopitar's offensive ability.

Bergeron .804 PPG vs Kopitar .884.

Even strength, Bergeron .552 vs Kopitar .575.

And Bergeron spent longer playing on good teams. So yeah, I won't quibble on giving the slight edge to Kopitar on offense. Eye test probably supports that too. Against that, Bergy to me was the superior two-way player.

Hence, I really can't separate them. Anze's endurance is very impressive though. I don't think he's missed any serious time to injury his entire career, touch wood. 37 now and still not missing a beat. A tough cookie, on top of all the talent.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
I am so happy that it is hockey season
Me too, but I never really cared for matinee games, especially early in the season when there's still yard work and outside stuff to do before winter

If the B's win, it's all good, but if they lose, I tend to feel guilty for not getting any yard work done :laugh:

GO BRUINS!!!

Cheevers Mask

Apr 11, 2019
Getting conflicting info on whether this game will actually be broadcast on SN1 on Southwestern Ontario.

The SportsNet website says it is.

My Cogeco TV menu says it is not.

The other SN channels have the Senators @ the Habs game on and I am fearing another damn black out.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
It should be fun to work around our Thanksgiving on Monday, since we are having it here. No one else is a hockey fan and I will have plenty to do. I guess I can watch it later but will need to discipline myself not to peek at the score, which is next to impossible for me.

The last game was fun, I hope today's game is entertaining and the fans get their money's worth.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Today's Officials

1728732035313.png
1728732670503.png

Referees Jon McIsaac (2), Beau Halkidis (48)
Linespersons Shandor Alphonso (52), Matt MacPherson (83)

1728731355967.png

TODAY’S GAME- The Bruins host the Kings today in the first of two games between these teams this season and the Kings’ lone visit thisseason to TD Garden ... The Bruins are 1-1-0 overall this season with a 1-0-0 mark on home ice.- The Bruins play today the first of 17 matinees this season (local time 4:00 pm or earlier) ... They have an 0-0-0 record in afternoon games so far.- The Bruins play game two of their three-game home stand today vs. Los Angeles (1-0-0), continuing vs. Florida on Oct. 14... They will next face a three-game road trip to Colorado on Oct. 16, at Utah on Oct. 19, and at Nashville on Oct. 22.

MILESTONES APPROACHING- David Pastnak is two assists short of his 400th NHL assist.- Pavel Zacha is three points shy of his 300th NHL point.- Trent Frederic is five points short of his 100th NHL point.

INJURIES- Matt Poitras, Ian Mitchell and Alec Regula are Injured Non-Roster designees

BOSTON vs. LOS ANGELES, LIFETIME SERIES- The Bruins and Kings are meeting for the 150th time in their histories with the Bruins having a 90-38-13-9 record and a 591-458 scoring advantage in those games.- The Bruins are 49-13-6-8 lifetime vs. Los Angeles at home with a 323-218 advantage scoring edge in those 76 contests.- The Bruins have taken points out of 13 straight games from the Kings at 8-0-5 in that span

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
A win / no injuries.

Hey Steve, I hope the Bruins win today!

Here is the reason I honor Steve (because some have asked about him). Many years ago, I got to the Garden early and there was Steve (He was always there very early). We started chatting. He had his ST since the old Garden. They were behind the goal where the Bs shoot twice in the very last row of the balcony. He was sarcastic and funny. I started getting there early to talk to Steve. We became friends. He always wanted me to say, "I hope the Bruins win tonight". Nick (@Highatop308) on this board) also was there before the games.

During COVID I got a message from Nick that Steve was in the hospital on a respirator with COVID (It was before the vaccinations). Steve didn't make it. The games were being played to an empty arena due to COVID. Todd Angilly sang the national anthem outside of Steve's house before a game after he passed away. Steve and Todd had taken the orange line together for games.

When Steve was in the hospital Nick called the Garden to make sure they didn't get rid of Steve's account if it wasn't up to date (as he was in the hospital) . Now Nick has Steve's seat.

I miss Steve.

1728732939718.png

HERE WE GO BRUINS...HERE WE GO :clap::clap:

Last edited:

ae530

Mar 22, 2024
Got to really tighten up play in the defensive zone. Hopefully Carlo wakes up out of his funk. Playing like it is non contact shinny out there

Reactions: lopey

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Bergeron .804 PPG vs Kopitar .884.

Even strength, Bergeron .552 vs Kopitar .575.

And Bergeron spent longer playing on good teams. So yeah, I won't quibble on giving the slight edge to Kopitar on offense. Eye test probably supports that too. Against that, Bergy to me was the superior two-way player.

Hence, I really can't separate them. Anze's endurance is very impressive though. I don't think he's missed any serious time to injury his entire career, touch wood. 37 now and still not missing a beat. A tough cookie, on top of all the talent.

Bergeron the better defensive player, as I consider him the best defensive forward of this century. But Kopitar has two Selke wins himself. And he didn't get to play with two great wingers for a decade. Both will be in the Hall of Fame.

• Love
Reactions: lopey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad