GDT: Game #27 - BRUINS at Washington 12/7 8:00 PM - NBCSN, TVAS, WBZ-FM 98.5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
I would love it if Pasts puts up a hatty against this clown.

bolt thrower

No war!
Aug 26, 2006
I pretty much hate everything Capitals. Their announcers are the worst, their goal horn is freaking annoying and Holtby is an ass.

Jorah Marshmont

Long may he reign
May 10, 2012
Valar morghulis.

Also to add to the milestones list,
Bergeron is one assist shy of tieing for 8th on the Bruins' all time list.
Marchand is 4 goals shy of tieing for 5th all time among Bruins left wingers.
Krejci is 6 assists shy of tieing for 3rd all time among Bruins centers.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Scored a couple free tix to the game tonight, so I'll be there cheering!

Hopefully this isn't as painful as the last few Bs/Caps games I've been to. Ugh.

:handclap: You know the drill. For you and anyone else going tonight cheer loud for our boys and have a blast :yo:

My daughter and I have been to a couple of games there and folks were nice .

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
Timing is everything and I think the Bruins are poised to give the Caps a competitive game tonight.

Given how the Caps have struggled a bit offensively this year and with the Bruins offence showing some modest signs of life again the timing might be right. Fenway showed the metrics for the Caps with some unusual problem areas for them. Here are just a couple of measures for their performance last year versus this.

Season: =15/16 (82 G) =16/17 (24 G)
Goals For: = 3.02 = 2.54
Goals Against: = 2.32 = 2.21
(Numbers for Holtby this year are very similar to last season.)

The team defence appears to have improved slightly from last season. Given their high performances levels in the past the perception is they might be struggling. Of course they had lots of room for error for any drop off in offence. The Bruins have comparable numbers to them to this point of the season but the expectation is they have to do better as they have little room for error. Here they are tied in points at this stage of the season, all be it with the B's holding a couple of games in hand.

No body crying for the Caps hard times though. They are still in relatively good shape with lots of season in front of them. Suspect they will make their way back to their more normal levels by years end. In the meantime, seems to be good timing for the Bruins to pay a visit. Let's hope the take advantage.

Let's Go Bruins!

Last edited:

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I don't understand why we would have kept Hayes over him.

Connolly = Peter Chiarelli's guy

Hayes = Don Sweeney's guy

That's pretty much it.

There isn't single fan or hockey expert on this planet who can convince me Hayes is a better hockey player than Connolly.

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
Connolly = Peter Chiarelli's guy

Hayes = Don Sweeney's guy

That's pretty much it.

There isn't single fan or hockey expert on this planet who can convince me Hayes is a better hockey player than Connolly.

Also, Hayes was under contract and Connolly was not. If neither was under contract and they had to pick 1, I think they would have picked Connolly.

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
Anyone here think Ovechkin will ever win a Stanley Cup?

May not be around for a shot at it this year. With him stating his firm intention to play for Russia at the Olympics irregardless of what the NHL decides, he could decide to pull a Kovelchuck and simply head home to join the KHL. Could get messy for Bettman and the NHLPA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad