GDT: GAME 24: WINGS @ HABS | Back in the saddle? | Sat., Dec. 2nd, 2023, 7:00 PM ET -- CBC, TVAS, CITY, TSN690, 98.5FM

Will Josh Anderson score his first goal of the season tonight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Habs coming off a 5-1 trouncing at the hands of the Florida Panthers on their return home from a 4-game road trip this week.

They were on a second game of a back to back and facing a top team so expectations were held in check.

They threw Optimus Prime Primeau to the wolves in that game, however, the wheels completely came off in the 3rd period and his net suddenly didn't look like a fortress anymore.

9IdeVEy.png

Adding another layer of bad news to that game is the long-term loss of Alex Newhook (projected absence of 8-10 weeks) who suffered a high ankle strain by crashing into a goal post. Habs have called up Mitchell Stephens.

Really unfortunate, as Newhook's game had been gaining momentum. We're hearing that he'll be rehabbing on his boat in St. John's and that he'll have @sheed36 on board to monitor his progress.

r4KUrwP.gif

Also, the power play has not scored in the last 8 games, so once again, there will be calls for someone to get fired in this GDT.

On the brighter side, the Powerhorse looks to have recovered in part from what has been a horrendous season for him. He came out of the Florida game with 5 hits, capped by a furious pugilistic display where he whaled at an opponent with reckless abandon.

g1PINkj.jpg

He didn't score but his aggressive demeanor prompted MSL to say after the game, that Anderson was back.

Back in the saddle? Not until he gets that monkey off his back and scores. May just happen any time now.

2YZ9vqc.gif

Fitting right in and not skipping a beat, is Jayden Struble. He's entering his 6th game as an NHLer and you can't tell he's just a rookie. Too bad he plays the left side, where the Habs have an overabundance of D.

Right now, the Greek God looks confident and has a great sense of awareness when it comes to game situations and positions himself accordingly. He is definitely making a case to stay on.

pCELwva.png

Gonna be interesting to find out what happens with Struble when Jackeye returns. The latter has resumed skating.

o7SB1Se.jpg

Also on the positive end is Monty getting re-upped for a 3-year deal at what looks like a reasonable cap hit. There are no restrictive clauses in the contract, which allows Hughes flexibility should he need to be moved at some point.

Monty may or may not look like Kelly Clarkson but he's definitely inching his way into her multimillionaire stratosphere. Well-deserved.

Ss6HASc.png

LINEUPS:

XKOuiml.gif

Last edited:

Pazucha

Apr 3, 2023
I am really worried about the line-ups and pp now that Newhook is out.

Is Josh back to PP1? Or is it going to be Slaf?

Will MSL break the 20-28-22 line?

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I am really worried about the line-ups and pp now that Newhook is out.

Is Josh back to PP1? Or is it going to be Slaf?

Will MSL break the 20-28-22 line?

Josh back on pp1

And yes he will, which will hurt Slaf because he will play with Anderson again.

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
I'll probably be missing this one. It will be blacked out here in SE Michigan on ESPN+, and I no longer have Bally Sports Detroit. Could watch it through "alternate methods", but I will be glued to the Big Ten football championship game at 8pm anyway. Since all my friends and family are Wings fans, beating them is always special.

GO BLUE!

GO HABS!

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Habs coming off a 5-1 trouncing at the hands of the Florida Panthers on their return home from a 4-game road trip this week.

They were on a second game of a back to back and facing a top team so expectations were held in check.

They threw Optimus Prime Primeau to the wolves in that game, however, the wheels completely came off in the 3rd period and his net suddenly didn't look like a fortress anymore.

9IdeVEy.png

Adding another layer of bad news to that game was the apparent long-term loss of Alex Newhook who suffered a leg injury by crashing into a goal post. Habs have called up Mitchell Stephens.

Really unfortunate, as Newhook's game had been gaining momentum. We're hearing that he'll be rehabbing on his boat in St. John's and that he'll have @sheed36 on board to monitor his progress.

r4KUrwP.gif

Also, the power play has not scored in the last 8 games, so once again, there will be calls for someone to get fired in this GDT.

On the brighter side, the Powerhorse looks to have recovered in part from what has been a horrendous season for him. He came out of the Florida game with 5 hits, capped by a furious pugilistic display where he whaled at an opponent with reckless abandon.

g1PINkj.jpg

He didn't score but his aggressive demeanor prompted MSL to say after the game, that Anderson was back.

Back in the saddle? Not until he gets that monkey off his back and scores. May just happen any time now.

2YZ9vqc.gif

Fitting right in and not skipping a beat, is Jayden Struble. He's entering his 6th game as an NHLer and you can't tell he's just a rookie. Too bad he plays the left side, where the Habs have an overabundance of D.

Right now, the Greek God looks confident and has a great sense of awareness when it comes to game situations and positions himself accordingly. He is definitely making a case to stay on.

pCELwva.png

Gonna be interesting to find out what happens with Struble when Jackeye returns. The latter has resumed skating.

o7SB1Se.jpg

Also on the positive end is Monty getting re-upped for a 3-year deal at what looks like a reasonable cap hit. There are no restrictive clauses in the contract, which allows Hughes flexibility should he need to be moved at some point.

Monty may or may not look like Kelly Clarkson but he's definitely inching his way into her multimillionaire stratosphere. Well-deserved.

Ss6HASc.png

LINEUPS TBA

XKOuiml.gif
amazing. you need your own habs graphic novel

• Love
Reactions: Runner77 and Tyson

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
I might watch this one. Though I dont have a good feeling.

Habs need to give Yoel PP1 time. 8 games without a power play goal. Yeah they are moving in the right direction alright.

One positive - the game is not on TSN tonight.

Where ScarJo?

Reactions: Rapala and Runner77

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
lol the entire 2nd line has a total of '6' goals
Michael Carcone of ARI has more goals than the entire 2nd line. Ya, we didn't need to draft Michkov lol.
What good would Michkov do. He is 3-4 years away. They could draft someone in this draft that is ready or 1 year away from being in the NHL.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
lol the entire 2nd line has a total of '6' goals
Michael Carcone of ARI has more goals than the entire 2nd line. Ya, we didn't need to draft Michkov lol.
At the same time I could say they are starting two horrible defenders in Kovacevic and Lindstrom every game and people are crossing their fingers for the return of David f***ing Savard to bring stability. So drafting Reinbacher seems to be just as massive of a need.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
What good would Michkov do. He is 3-4 years away. They could draft someone in this draft that is ready or 1 year away from being in the NHL.
Given that Habs will most likely be as much of an offensive juggernaut in 3-4 years as they are today, I'd say it would do a ton of good. I don't see any goal scoring forwards in the pipeline over this period of time.

I will bet Runner's house that Habs will draft another defenseman in the 1st round next draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad