GDT: Game 23 | Pens @ Jets | 11.27 8PM EST | Take Off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Ottawa Sprong wasn’t scratched though.

But I consider that Pearson goal from Grant a 4th line one.

Oh yeah he wasn't, but I think that game he was on the 3rd line with Simon and Grant. The 4th line was ZAR-Cullen-Rust, which was the line that scored the goal.

The point is that the 4th line actually has been decently productive when Sprong wasn't on it.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I mean it's TERRIBLY clear who should be on the ice right now and the 2 that should never be out there atm are ZAR and Olli.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
@ColePens, Pearson-Malkin-Rust > Pearson-Malkin-Phil. 200 feet. And Geno is playing more decisively.

Rust has been better since his bad first shift. Let's see if they get the timing right offensively in the 2nd half of this period.

EDIT: I guess Phil is the issue after all, because Maurice is just sending his top line against whatever line Phil is on.
but that line would work with a better player than ZAR, someone with the speed that can get to the puck quickly ZAR ain't that

Reactions: KIRK

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
@KIRK - all i ask is that you call it like you see it. Stop wanting to see good things when Rust is playing like 50% of what he can.

JESUS MAATTA AND ZAR ****ING SUCK.

I'm withholding verdict until the end of the period.

BUT, so far, here's what I see: Rust had a bad first shift but has been okay since. Pearson actually had a few bad turnovers. Overall, it's a much better 200 foot line than Pearson-Geno-Kessel, and as I've always said I think Geno's A game stems from how he and his line defend. So, I want to see if a little of Geno's swagger builds and if as a threesome they work through the timing issues I've seen offensively. Fair?

BTW, for as bad as ZAR-Brass-Rust was, ZAR-Brass-Phil is worse. That's telling too.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
ANOTHER ZAR TURNOVER
SyHHpOL.gif

Reactions: ColePens

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I'm withholding verdict until the end of the period.

BUT, so far, here's what I see: Rust had a bad first shift but has been okay since. Pearson actually had a few bad turnovers. Overall, it's a much better 200 foot line than Pearson-Geno-Kessel, and as I've always said I think Geno's A game stems from how he and his line defend. So, I want to see if a little of Geno's swagger builds and if as a threesome they work through the timing issues I've seen offensively. Fair?

BTW, for as bad as ZAR-Brass-Rust was, ZAR-Brass-Phil is worse. That's telling too.

Maybe the key similarity is the word “ZAR “

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
but that line would work with a better player than ZAR, someone with the speed that can get to the puck quickly ZAR ain't that

For sure.

Almost wish we still had Hags for that LW with Brass-Phil. Too bad Sully never tried it.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Oh snap! Them be fightin' words. Please post that in the Sprong thread.

I actually didn't realize it was the case until I actually looked into it. The 4th line having 2 goals tonight made me actually think about it, which made me realize that the games where the Penguins get good production from their 4th line are games where Sprong isn't on the 4th line.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Johnson and Oleksiak need to be better with those 3 foot passes. Holy crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad