GDT: Game #23 : KINGS vs. FLAMES - Saturday, 3/9/’13 @ 7:00 pm PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
I vote for both. I thought that the old 2010 black-silver-purple were the greatest jerseys in the league, and for sure the coolest colors. I wish they would just go back to them, I can't fathom why they changed.

Yeah I had no problem with those and I too want a new logo and to bring back purple. But I'd really like to use this sort of vintage look full time, as I think most fans would.

HansH

Unwelcome Spectre
Feb 2, 2005
San Diego
www.mib.org
Yeah I had no problem with those and I too want a new logo and to bring back purple. But I'd really like to use this sort of vintage look full time, as I think most fans would.
I'm OK with this particular vintage look, as long as it doesn't go along with the gawd-awful mostly-gold unis as the road counterpart. THOSE were a sin against nature, for sure.

I personally like the purple/black/silver combo best.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
I'm OK with this particular vintage look, as long as it doesn't go along with the gawd-awful mostly-gold unis as the road counterpart. THOSE were a sin against nature, for sure.

Yeah. That mockup of a white vintage that had purple trim with only small amounts of gold trim was ideal. Maybe I should spam emails to the Kings with pics of that jersey until they adopt it? :laugh:

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Yeah. That mockup of a white vintage that had purple trim with only small amounts of gold trim was ideal. Maybe I should spam emails to the Kings with pics of that jersey until they adopt it? :laugh:

We won our first Stanley Cup in the first year wearing the current uniforms.. Get used to them, they aren't changing anytime soon.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Correct, but it was a blueline collision by two players watching the play, one trying to skate parallel to stay onsides. That happens all the time. No malice...not understanding why Fox has been harping on this for a period and a half.

So when a guy lowers his shoulder and makes contact to a players head it's just incidental contact, even if he's skating parallel to the blueline ?

HansH

Unwelcome Spectre
Feb 2, 2005
San Diego
www.mib.org
Completely off-topic, but I was at an AHL game last night (Hershey Bears at Norfolk Admirals), and I did NOT expect to see what I saw -- someone was walking around the Norfolk Scope with a mostly-purple crown-logo Kings (or maybe it was Monarchs, I didn't get close enough to see) sweater... a DD44 one, no less. THAT I did not expect.

Whiskeypete

Jul 14, 2010
Chicago

the easiest way to overcome that is stay with purple breezers and socks, with the gold jersey. the other option would be a white jersey with gold accents. they definitely cant go back to the bananas on skates look of the 70s, if they ever did do that

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Since when does winning a cup dictate jerseys? :help:

No way Robitaille will change them after we won a cup with them. He was looking for a new identity with some old flair (black & silver), and he got it. Like it or not, they aren't changing for a while, at least as long as Robitaille is in the front office.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Since when does winning a cup dictate jerseys? :help:

Since it's now part of our limited history? Our team has had extremely limited success. So the one season we have it, these uniforms will be connected with what? Success. And that's why they won't be changed anytime soon. Sorry to break it to you. :laugh:

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
lol, you know your team is doing well an on cruise control when the GDT is overrun with fashion opinions.

;)

By the way I vote for the ones that whiskeypete is referring to here, one of us created it and it was really exceptional.

KingsCorona

Dec 18, 2009

To be honest, I wouldn't.
Don't get me wrong, I love these throwbacks -- but I like them as throwbacks. I'm not a big fan of the old-looking crown logo, and moreover, while I love that big swath of deep dark purple, I don't like the yellow so much, especially if we had to wear yellow-dominant away jerseys. Bleh. IMO, black-silver-purple >> purple-yellow

Shootmaster_44

Sep 10, 2005
Saskatoon
Completely off-topic, but I was at an AHL game last night (Hershey Bears at Norfolk Admirals), and I did NOT expect to see what I saw -- someone was walking around the Norfolk Scope with a mostly-purple crown-logo Kings (or maybe it was Monarchs, I didn't get close enough to see) sweater... a DD44 one, no less. THAT I did not expect.

I have a suspicion that this is the some sort of tribute to the parent club night. I know the Monarchs do a Kings night or something like that every year, so my guess is that was the jersey they wore that night.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
No way Robitaille will change them after we won a cup with them. He was looking for a new identity with some old flair (black & silver), and he got it. Like it or not, they aren't changing for a while, at least as long as Robitaille is in the front office.

I know that and I'm not expecting them to change but really winning a cup has nothing to do with jersey choices. And I'm not really even complaining that much. I don't LIKE our jerseys but at least we don't have the Islanders 3rd jerseys.... Could always be worse :laugh:

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Oh yeah and the fact that the current logo is on this little thing:

74088672.jpg

Another reason it won't be changing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad