BRUINS GDT GAME 23 12/2 7:14 PM - THE BEAR explores Yonge Street - NESN, NHLN (NO ESPN+), SN, 98.5 WBZ-FM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
This. Just jump him and tackle him to the ice, take a roughing and a 10 minute misconduct for him to f*** off.

It’s just frustrating that the Bruins don’t have anyone who can remotely stand in there with him.
I mean…this isn’t remotely what hockey is like in 2023. Anywhere. It’s honestly crazy that this is what you think should happen. Respectfully.

hrdpuk

Fossa
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
Kentucky
Reaves is 6'2" 226 but he's put on some fat and He'll be 37 next month . I think Forbort could give him a go.
I just don't see Reaves as a big problem and I doubt the B's are worried about him,

Reactions: Orr Fourever

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I mean…this isn’t remotely what hockey is like in 2023. Anywhere. It’s honestly crazy that this is what you think should happen. Respectfully.
I’d rather tackle to him to the ice if he starts running around then square up and have him cave a guys head in.

It’s not outlandish to think you’re just better off sending him to the ice.

But tell me what should happen if he’s targeting guys and running around?

Reaves is 6'2" 226 but he's put on some fat and He'll be 37 next month . I think Forbort could give him a go.
I just don't see Reaves as a big problem and I doubt the B's are worried about him,
Forbort would get f***ing clobbered.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Does Boston have a Ryan Reaves problem?
Ultimately, he sucks.

That said, media and Leaf fans called him out for not doing a thing last game against the Bruins. It was a huge thing to the point where they legitimately wouldn’t stop talking about it for a week.

If he’s in, I fully expect him to be running around knowing he won’t have anyone to step up to him. I think if he gets carried away you’re better off just not giving him a chance and tackling him to the ice instead of squaring up right the exact way he wants it.

That’s all I’m saying.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Ultimately, he sucks.

That said, media and Leaf fans called him out for not doing a thing last game against the Bruins. It was a huge thing to the point where they legitimately wouldn’t stop talking about it for a week.

If he’s in, I fully expect him to be running around knowing he won’t have anyone to step up to him. I think if he gets carried away you’re better off just not giving him a chance and tackling him to the ice instead of squaring up right the exact way he wants it.

That’s all I’m saying.

If Reaves had the ability to be that effective that he could run around and be a problem for opponents, he wouldn’t be scratched and lamented by the fans of his own team.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
If Reaves had the ability to be that effective that he could run around and be a problem for opponents, he wouldn’t be scratched and lamented by the fans of his own team.
I’m thinking he’s got some motivation behind him tomorrow night. I’m not saying he’s “effective” - I’m saying he might very well be running around.

I think 2023 Ryan Reaves is bad. I also think 2023 Ryan Reaves can rip the head off 99% of this league.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
I’m thinking he’s got some motivation behind him tomorrow night. I’m not saying he’s “effective” - I’m saying he might very well be running around.

I think 2023 Ryan Reaves is bad. I also think 2023 Ryan Reaves can rip the head off 99% of this league.

All the bruins have to do is turn down any requests he has to fight. That’s the extent of where he can make a positive impact on the ice. Everywhere else he’s a bum relatively speaking.

He’s a -10 on the season in limited minutes. He’ll get abused on the scoreboard if he’s forced to play hockey at this stage in his career. The leafs aren’t going to throw the game just to let Ryan Reaves right some perceived wrong. There’s about 30 Leaf players im more worried about than Ryan Reaves.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
All the bruins have to do is turn down any requests he has to fight. That’s the extent of where he can make a positive impact on the ice. Everywhere else he’s a bum relatively speaking.

He’s a -10 on the season in limited minutes. He’ll get abused on the scoreboard if he’s forced to play hockey at this stage in his career. The leafs aren’t going to throw the game just to let Ryan Reaves right some perceived wrong. There’s about 30 Leaf players im more worried about than Ryan Reaves.
Sure, turn him down when he’s asking for a staged fight. Absolutely.

What do you do when he starts running around and targeting guys?

I agree with you. He sucks. That said, again, Leafs fans and their media outlets were downright shitting all over Reaves for not doing anything last game.

If Reaves is playing a regular shift, just play hockey. If he’s running around you might have to nip it before it gets out of hand, especially if one team is up by a few goals.

Last edited:

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Sure, turn him down when he’s asking for a staged fight. Absolutely.

What do you do when he starts running around and targeting guys?

I agree with you. He sucks.

Whats your definition of running around and targeting guys?

If you mean during the run of play if he could do that he’d be an nhl regular.

If you mean after the whistle if he breaks the rules he’s heading to the box. How many of those penalties does Keefe let him take before he’s benched?

If Reaves was prime Tom Wilson I could see thinking he could be a problem.

If the bruins don’t have their skating legs and they keep getting caught by Reaves the Bruins are the problem in that scenario

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Whats your definition of running around and targeting guys?

If you mean during the run of play if he could do that he’d be an nhl regular.

If you mean after the whistle if he breaks the rules he’s heading to the box. How many of those penalties does Keefe let him take before he’s benched?

If Reaves was prime Tom Wilson I could see thinking he could be a problem.

If the bruins don’t have their skating legs and they keep getting caught by Reaves the Bruins are the problem in that scenario
I think if he’s in tomorrow night he has one job, and that’s to make as much contact as possible.

When I say running around I mean running around. If he’s going out of his way to send a message. If he’s taking healthy runs at guys, doesn’t need to be illegal to be running around.

What do you think the Bruins should do? Should someone try to nip it before it gets out of hand, or do you think they should just keep letting it happen?

I absolutely understand that he sucks, and I agree, just leave him alone, let him f*** up. If he’s not doing anything there’s nothing to worry about at the end of the day.

That said, he is was signed as toughness and to enforce for the Leafs. Media, fans, etc gave him an absolute boat load of shit for not doing so to the point media was asking them a week after.

I’m just saying, if he plays I don’t expect him to be out there playing lady byng hockey. I also don’t really see him being a maniac if the game is close (because he won’t see the ice) - If a team is up a few goals, I can absolutely see him out there running around.

This whole thing can be a complete nothing burger too.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Again, you have this incredible notion of how hockey is played. It’s not like this at all. This isn’t the WHL in 1981.

Reaves has been in two fights this year, both in October, against Foligno and WiFi

Reactions: lopey

hrdpuk

Fossa
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
Kentucky
The B's know how to handle the situation if there's a problem .
The B's have plenty of vets who been dealing with goons for years . there's no problem.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
The B's know how to handle the situation if there's a problem .
The B's have plenty of vets who been dealing with goons for years . there's no problem.
Of course. It’s the Maple Leafs. We’re worried about Reaves running around? And then what? Knies runs Poitras? TJ Brodie starts some shit?

It’s the Maple Leafs lol

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Again, you have this incredible notion of how hockey is played. It’s not like this at all. This isn’t the WHL in 1981.

Reaves has been in two fights this year, both in October, against Foligno and WiFi
You also told me Nick Cousins didn’t drop his gloves and turtled to McAvoy during the Florida game, which wasn’t remotely close to what happened, but I digress.

Ryan Reaves fought two of the tougher guys in the league in October. What does that have to do with this?

He was publicly called out by fans, the media, like everyone completely castrated this guy because he didn’t do a single thing last game. I think that the Leafs will be heavily motivated and if he plays, yes, I think Reaves will be running around.

Especially after being called out and having to deal with those questions for a week.

Can you tell me one thing I’ve said that’s completely outrageous?

Some people here are always worried . It's like they want to bubble wrap the players.
I don’t want this at all. I just want them to be prepared.

Reactions: Gordoff and bme44

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
You also told me Nick Cousins didn’t drop his gloves and turtled to McAvoy during the Florida game, which wasn’t remotely close to what happened, but I digress.

Ryan Reaves fought two of the tougher guys in the league in October. What does that have to do with this?

He was publicly called out by fans, the media, like everyone completely castrated this guy because he didn’t do a single thing last game. I think that the Leafs will be heavily motivated and if he plays, yes, I think Reaves will be running around.

Especially after being called out and having to deal with those questions for a week.

Can you tell me one thing I’ve said that’s completely outrageous?

I don’t want this at all. I just want them to be prepared.
He can run around all he wants. He can’t catch anyone. Your romantic description of a modern day “enforcer” notwithstanding

Reactions: lopey

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
Yonge Street ain't what it used to be and neither are the Leafs.
Wouldn't be surprised if Reaves plays and takes a run at Marchand though. Reaves got hammered and mocked by fans after that last event. Pity no Looch.

I will just be annoyed if Bertuzzi scores. Otherwise I think we win with a similar effort to the last game.

Reactions: Gordoff

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Yonge Street ain't what it used to be and neither are the Leafs.
Wouldn't be surprised if Reaves plays and takes a run at Marchand though. Reaves got hammered and mocked by fans after that last event. Pity no Looch.

I will just be annoyed if Bertuzzi scores. Otherwise I think we win with a similar effort to the last game.
Heinen not far off Bert's pace for 4 plus million less .Might have avoided a grenade with that deal.

Reactions: bme44 and Ladyfan

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
I never said we’re scared of Reaves. Im just pointing out what could happen under the circumstances.
Yeah your scenario is s little far fetched. As others have posted he may “run around “ once get his pound of flesh then he is gone for the game. He likely gets an minor penalty along with 10 minutes and that will be that. No influence on the game besides giving us a power play and hopefully we make him pay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad