GDT: Game 22: Jets @ Habs | In the hunt | Thurs. Mar. 4th, 7 PM ET -- TSN2, RDS, TSN3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jul 6, 2016
If Montreal can win these two games against the Jets in regulation, they will move ahead of them in the standings.

Winnipeg has 29 pts in 22 GP
Montreal has 25 pts in 21 GP

So if Habs win them in regulation, they'll go to 29 pts, tying the Jets, but having that one game in hand will push them ahead of them in the standings.

How so ? If Habs win tonight in regulation, they gonna have 27.... And if they beat them again Saturday, then they will be at 29 with still one game in hand.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
lol the cursed ugly jerseys

+1 L for tonight
The reverse retros are giving the barbershop jerseys a run for their money for the title of cursed ugly jerseys
GettyImages-84580781-e1585143059540.jpg

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012
What in the world is going on with Habs personnel?

Last week, there was this:

hJWQ3w4.jpg

This week, in a most bizarre, Cammaleriesque move, Habs goalie coach got knifed:

P1321MC.gif

Gif credit: Ice Poutine

It has started to feel like this:

ipHl2xH.gif

Which begs the question ... who's next?

pL244qt.gif

When it rains in your kitchen ... or whatever that saying is -- is what has been happening since the first 10 games of the season.

5Uc79vT.gif

This is what happens when you get this type of offensive production:

yvmDC2i.png

Danault in particular, just notched an unenviable milestone. His last regular season goal occurred on Feb. 29, 2020. And here he is treading dangerously into Scott Gomez territory.

Some are ascribing Danault's woes as mental, further to a contract extension gone awry where he is rumored to have been offered a 6 X 5 deal that he declined on account of demanding a higher salary. And now, that kind of offer is all but impossible given his longstanding struggles.

It seems to have definitely seeped into all aspects of his play ...

msOmt9V.jpg

Of course, leave it to the Habs to create more drama.

With Carey Price struggling and Waite getting fired in an unusual manner, conspiracy theories have emerged whereby Price is viewed as the ultimate kingmaker, some believing he may have been behind so many from the Habs personnel losing their jobs over his 14-year career.

This was not alleviated by those awkward pressers yesterday by MB and Price -- the latter apparently wasn't consulted, nor notified in advance of Waite's termination.

It even prompted one poster to assert:

mqIeMzq.jpg

LINEUPS TBA

However, there is some good news on the horizon. Coach Dom has finally notched his first win, albeit against a team that had played 4 games in 6 days -- and given that, it was closer than it needed to be.

It's not much, but it's a start. We'll be happy that it won't be a return to this guy's antics.

w8GXFiJ.gif

GHG.
Great job as usual @Runner77 . That last picture of toothless Therrien gets me every time :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: Runner77

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
True.

But today, Carey practiced for a second day in a row with his white pads. And for some effed up reason, I feel more confident with Carey wearing the white pads than I do the red ones.

Are those really white tho? They have some white in them but they’re still way to loud. He needs to get somewhere closer to this:

upload_2021-3-4_15-51-16.jpeg

Not this:

upload_2021-3-4_15-52-49.jpeg

Reactions: MON4NHLTOR4MLB

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Yeah, the constant switching is counterproductive.

They went from having a completely unreliable back up situation, to pretty much bubble wrapping their 10.5M goalie.

And congrats on your new 4 year 32 million dollar contract! i cant believe skip gets paid as much as taylor f***ing hall lmao, wow

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
How so ? If Habs win tonight in regulation, they gonna have 27.... And if they beat them again Saturday, then they will be at 29 with still one game in hand.

That is EXACTLY what I said. If they beat them in regulation tonight and Saturday, they will move ahead of the Jets. They would be even in points, but Habs having 1 game in hand would put them ahead of Winnipeg.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
People whining about what type of jerseys they wear as if it actually affects gameplay and the outcome on the ice is just...I mean there are no words lol

Auto-loss because its a new jersey...? I mean people cannot be serious with this..
Sure theyve "never won" yet with these new jerseys, but uh...its a coincidence fellas.. Teams lose games all the time, and in this particular case they coincided their loss with a night they wore a new blue jersey ....there are not "greater forces" at work against us here...come on now..

I mean sit back for a second and just please imagine, what type of imaginary being in some place in the universe is going "ok, the blue jerseys are being worn, i shall make it so that they lose, because i am so and so type of god and blah blah" like..really with this?

So regardless of the lineup combos or goalies... they are wearing these retro jerseys? They're done. It's a guaranteed loss.
Im embarassed for you lol

Last edited:

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Reverse retros symbolize the reverse of expectations, meaning the Habs win. Book it.

That's what the curse wants you to think, so the reverse retro means reverse, reverse outcome to what we expect.

So, that for sure loss, that's now a for sure win is actually a for sure loss.

Reactions: Lshap

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
If Montreal can win these two games against the Jets in regulation, they will move ahead of them in the standings.

Winnipeg has 29 pts in 22 GP
Montreal has 25 pts in 21 GP

So if Habs win them in regulation, they'll go to 29 pts, tying the Jets, but having that one game in hand will push them ahead of them in the standings.
How? If the Habs win they'd go to 27 pts, no?

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Wish we'd retire the No Finish line. I like all of those players individually, but I feel its been emphatically proven they don't work as a line. I'm almost worried they will score as it could keep them together longer, but I know that once Andy is back at least one winger will be moved off KK's line.

HelloBellyvo

Jul 2, 2019
Nice response, nothing really to add then? A confident Price is the only way this team moves forward, so why sit him after a win? It is not a back-to-back , he isn't injured or fatigued. If he is fatigued, then book early retirement, because he hasn't played that much the last two weeks.

After a loss? Sure, sit him. After a win? Makes no sense.
Your replies always seem to appear in the negative.same old, same old....ergo my reply

HelloBellyvo

Jul 2, 2019
True.

But today, Carey practiced for a second day in a row with his white pads. And for some effed up reason, I feel more confident with Carey wearing the white pads than I do the red ones.
What's the difference between white and red? R u superstitious?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad