GDT: Game 22: Jets @ Habs | In the hunt | Thurs. Mar. 4th, 7 PM ET -- TSN2, RDS, TSN3

Status
Not open for further replies.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Allen starts??

Its just confusing at this point. He should be starting this game and Saturday. Forget the rest. What good is it if he’s playing poor anyways and we miss the playoffs. I would’ve ridden him in everything that’s not back to back for awhile unless he was terrible. As another poster said above, he’s just sitting on his bad play dwelling. Let the guy work out of it.

Reactions: BLONG7

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
office_no.gif
I actually can't stand the reverse retros

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
yvmDC2i.png

Credit to Runner77 for the picture.

Almost all our forwards forgot how to shoot the puck... Depressing.

Thanks for your thoughtful message. This was a repost from a third party site that did not produce it. I don't know who did.

However, looking at that table, it's killing us that so many are going through such a long slump at the same time.

Perrah

Jul 2, 2009
I don’t really care honestly. Make a stop. Especially on the Nate Thompson goal. It was awful and Nate’s first point of the season. Would have kept it 3-3.

No doubt it was bad but if you are going to make it seems as simple that Allen only gives up 2 goals at least take into account the habs played a lot better the game Allen played than the game Price gave up a bad goal in. The 3-3 goal in that game was a tip a few feet in front of the goalie. You portray it as if Allen plays he only gives up 2 goals regardless of circumstance.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Its just confusing at this point. He should be starting this game and Saturday. Forget the rest. What good is it if he’s playing poor anyways and we miss the playoffs. I would’ve ridden him in everything that’s not back to back for awhile unless he was terrible. As another poster said above, he’s just sitting on his bad play dwelling. Let the guy work out of it.
Absolutely agree!!

Reactions: nhlfan9191

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

When did he score that? He needs to be brought to an electronics retailer and made to watch that goal on a loop, from all monitors, all night long.

The reverse of that MLB player who had made a critical error that cost the game and ended up sleeping on the field overnight, where the error had occurred so he wouldn't do it again.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
If they can somehow manage to win next 2 games in regulation, it changes the division outlook so much bringing the Jets down to to Habs/Oilers level.

A goalie coach would say that hitting posts means that the angles were well covered and the players were aiming for extremely precise shots.

He wasn't perfect but he played good. Not worse than what Allen had did lately.

This is, to me, very strange.

Allen deserves to start based on his play this season. Not to mention he himself is a $4+M goalie.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
Thanks for your thoughtful message. This was a repost from a third party site that did not produce it. I don't know who did.

However, looking at that table, it's killing us that so many are going through such a long slump at the same time.

If we exclude Allen and Price for obvious reasons, 12 Habs players scored a total of 14 goals... They need to do something about it, it's killing us.

download.png

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
When did he score that? He needs to be brought to an electronics retailer and made to watch that goal on a loop, from all monitors, all night long.

The reverse of that MLB player who had made a critical error that cost the game and ended up sleeping on the field overnight, where the error had occurred so he wouldn't do it again.

I’m sure he already has. :sarcasm:

Reactions: Runner77

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I just checked goalie stats from 2013 to present. Price is 7th in gp. So there's 6 guys whove played more. Out of the 7, he's 3rd in GAA and 2nd (by only .01%) in SVP. To me, its clear he needs to play to be good. I get he's 33 but does anyone really think like, 30 games this year is enough? Its all mental right now. I doubt it physical.

It's an interesting question. The habs pay him like a superstar, and superstars play alot, but it seems the most successful teams do not play their goalie into the ground.

I believe only one or two goalies won a cup in the last decade while playing 60 or more games. One was Jonathan Quick, and I can't remember the other, but most of the other goalies started far less.

Also, when we saw price in top form right for the get go in the pandemic bubble games, it supported the notion that rest does him good, but it hasn't helped him so far this season, so it will be interesting to see how this situation unfolds.

Pacciosoftie

Curved Dach
Oct 26, 2017
I actually can't stand the reverse retros
I don’t mind the look of them, I do mind how the team plays like complete crap while wearing them, as if they’re confused with who’s on their team. That split second extra of thinking oh yeah we’re wearing blue:sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad