Post-Game Talk: GAME 21 - A SHOCKER in Columbus - Blue Jackets 5 BRUINS 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
From treasure to trash in just 3 games??...not likely, but they definitely lack heart and soul and toughness (and practice) the last 3 games

They are a better team than they showed tonight, (especially when playing with a lead), but when they're down a couple of goals they seem to lose confidence and start to panic (head coach included), then start running around like chickens with their heads cut off which only makes things worse.

Great teams don't panic when they're down a couple of goals because they have confidence in their ability and system to make a comeback.
The Bruins are not a great team, but not trash either.

They have to get back to basics, be more physical and have each others backs while employing their system (which they've totally gotten away from)

You have to take anything quietbruinsfan says with a grain of salt. They've been rooting against the Bruins all season long. They want nothing more than to see this team crash and burn. Right now they're in their glory watching 3 losses in a row with the team giving up all the goals they are.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
DO THEY PRACTICE ON TUESDAY???? NOPE

Tuesday, November 28 (Boston, MA)
- No scheduled practice or media availability
It is the right decision to let them all get a day away from everything and reset by being around their families. They are going to get worked on Wednesday.

I also wouldn't be shocked if a few of the guys have been battling whatever is going around. The crap lingers for weeks even after antibiotics.

Not worried. Let them rest then work them hard on Wednesday and have a morning skate Thursday. You start Swayman on Thursday.

Next week they start having 3 days off between games which will give them ample time to have tough practices. This mini slump is coming at a good time.

The sky isn't falling by any means.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
In three games, the Bruins have gone from first in goals against (by a good margin) to 6th.

Goaltending has gone south from its ridiculously great start.

Marchand, Pasta, Zacha, and McAvoy all -6 over those 3 games.

Marchand doesn't seem capable of lifting the team (or his game) anymore.

Carlo at +12 is by far the most dependable defenseman right now.

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
surprised it was Detroit. Must be the money

Reactions: Gordoff

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Didn’t think the Bruins were as good as their record,but don’t think they are as bad as they have been the last 3 games,definitely think they are a soft team with zero pushback ,I personally wasn’t happy with the game against Florida ,sure they got the two points but were man handled again like the playoffs.They haven’t looked right since that game and have been pushed around by three teams in a row now,without any kind of pushback.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
surprised it was Detroit. Must be the money

Detroit has an open roster spot and almost $5 million to spend. Plus Kane is only 34 so he isn’t eligible for performance bonuses. So yep for me, $$$$$$$

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Didn’t watch game but I just heard Monty pulled Swayman

Was he bad ? I taped but don’t feel like watching sounds like a shit show

Great both rookie centers scored

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
I truly dont see any reason to not have Lohrei up here and sit Forbort or Shattenkirk...

Also, figures now Monty decides to be quick with the hook on a goalie, where was that in the playoffs.

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Both goals are shots Swayman should've had. I guess Monty pulled him to light a fire under the teams ass. That failed.

Personally I did not like that move. Losing to Columbus on a b2b night is a tad shameful. If the Bruins lose to the suddenly hot Sharks than maybe time to push a small panic button.

Grzelcyk had a nightmare. He has been awful since his return.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Both goals are shots Swayman should've had. I guess Monty pulled him to light a fire under the teams ass. That failed.

Personally I did not like that move. Losing to Columbus on a b2b night is a tad shameful. If the Bruins lose to the suddenly hot Sharks than maybe time to push a small panic button.

Grzelcyk had a nightmare. He has been awful since his return.
Gryz has been back 2 games after being out 25 games. It is going to take a few games for him to get back into the speed of things and regain the timing he has with McAvoy.

He hasn't been great but it is to be expected.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Considering nobody did anything when Poitras got wrecked two games in a row, not surprised nobody did anything with Pasta.

We don't even need a "goon". Just an AJ Greer type who, yeah he'll get his ass kicked 9 times out of 10, but always stood up for his teammates and didn't let that shit go.

We don't have a player currently who is willing to do that unfortunately. And that needs to be addressed.

You took the words right out of my post.

The lack of push back when something like this happens makes me sick & angry at the same time. 🤮 :madfire:

Boston Bruno

Mostly not serious input..
Nov 2, 2002
Calgary
How bad can you be when only allowing 2 goals on 19 shots?

First goal was bad, but when he was pulled I was shocked.
I think that was more the idea of shocking the team into activity rather than knocking Sway.
Probably thought if he did the time out thing again it was just done vs rangers Goalie swap is another way to get a message out that they were playing poorly imo.

I will give Monty credit, he tries to keep them in a game.. I just wish they would be ready from the start.

Very disheartening stretch of games.. d folding, offence meh, bullied around.
Watching Hampus Lindholm struggle to generate offensive pressure is maddening.

They have played alot of games this past stretch, but man they looked exposed.

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
How bad can you be when only allowing 2 goals on 19 shots?

First goal was bad, but when he was pulled I was shocked.
Swayman stopped 2 clean breakaways from Gaudreau before the 2nd goal when he was pulled.
And that second goal Zacha left the zone to get another stick which created a 5-4 allowing 6'5" 240lb Voronkov alone untouched screening Swyaman.
If he pulled him for "momentum" then I sure hope he told him that.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Gryz has been back 2 games after being out 25 games. It is going to take a few games for him to get back into the speed of things and regain the timing he has with McAvoy.

He hasn't been great but it is to be expected.
I agree he will be okay
But that first period I think there was a breakaway and two 2 on 1 with Gryz completely out of the the play.

Reactions: Alicat and Gordoff

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
It will not be fun to watch if they play like the last 3 games when taking on the Leafs. The Leafs top scorers will see the defensive woes and it will be embarassing. The way they are playing right now they will have trouble defeating any NHL opponent.

It also shows that all these re-threads we brought in are starting to show their true value. With Shattenkirk, JVR, Brown etc. they are not close to filling the void left by the departing players. I think Lucic really helped the 4th line but now unforeseen circumstances have ended his presence in the lineup.

It going to be a difficult season and the goaltending needs to be A+ or things will not go so well.

Reactions: Gordoff

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad