BRUINS GDT GAME 21 7:08 PM - THE BEAR visits the Columbus Zoo and a historical landmark - NESN, ESPN+, 98.5 WBZ-FM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
They need to get physical. I cannot stress this enough. Poitras is taking a BEATING out there. He's handling it well but my goodness. Someone has to stand up and step up. Enough is enough.

If they could and wanted to, they would. That is not the team we have, the coach we have, the FO we have. Everyone wants Trent to be that guy, but Trent doesn't want to be that guy- he wants to play like Charlie Coyle, and that is what he tries to do. Maybe Looch would have been able to do this, but that ship sailed away. I think we just have to accept it.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
If they could and wanted to, they would. That is not the team we have, the coach we have, the FO we have. Everyone wants Trent to be that guy, but Trent doesn't want to be that guy- he wants to play like Charlie Coyle, and that is what he tries to do. Maybe Looch would have been able to do this, but that ship sailed away. I think we just have to accept it.
I just don't understand it honestly.

They're letting the kid get wrecked. Normally teams take care of that no matter who they got.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Is it Freddy or the coach ,Hathaway turned into a a kitty here?

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
I just don't understand it honestly.

They're letting the kid get wrecked. Normally teams take care of that no matter who they got.
Why is Freddy held to a different standard than say Coyle? I would be willing to bet players turn down Freddy to fight once in a while and I would also be willing to bet Coyle has never ask a playing in his career to fight.

People love them some Coyle but I hate to brake it to them he's one of the reason we are as soft as we are. Big guy little snarl no push back, never being held accountable for being a marshmallow.

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
He needs to be better than Coyle, Coyle has 3 more goals at even strength and is more a defender type player than offensive, Freddy has more upside in the goal scoring side of thing in my view.

Reactions: Gordoff

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
I haven't watched the full 60 mins of a B's game for a week or two so I probably missed a lot of the instances where the Bruins are allegedly getting pushed around.

But if the team really isn't standing up for each other a lot of that blame can be placed on the coaching and the leadership on the team.
Why isn't Marchand doing a better job getting guys to buy into that mentality? He wears the C because supposedly guys listen to him and he "has the room". If that is true then he should have the guys buying in to standing up for one another. He should also make sure the rookies on "his team" are being looked after. And if he is telling players that and they aren't listening then they should be finding new homes.

Last edited:

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
FENWAY.gif

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I haven't watched the full 60 mins of a B's game for a week or two so I probably missed a lot of the instances where the Bruins are allegedly getting pushed around.

But if the team really isn't standing up for each other a lot of that blame can be placed on the coaching and the leadership on the team.
Why isn't Marchand doing a better job getting guys to buy into that mentality? He wears the C because supposedly guys listen to him and he "has the room". If that is true then he should have the guys buying in to standing up for one another. He should also make sure the rookies on "his team" are being looked after. And he is telling players that and they aren't listening then they should be finding new homes
Just makes you think that maybe management is preaching turn the other cheek, which is odd because Monty seems to be saying the opposite in the media. Maybe they'd rather take the PP and not get involved in the moment, and then there never seems to be a "right" moment for retribution following that?

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Long day. I'm still emotionally and physically drained from funeral stuff. This will be the first Bruins game I'll be watching live since.

All I ask is for a disciplined game. More physicality. Be responsible on the puck, and NO injuries. Get the win. Just get the win.

You already know the drill
giphy.gif

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
More defensive structure, PP production, and a few hits will be key.
The Bruins play much better with a lead like they showed in Florida last Wednesday. They put on a defensive clinic in the third period with a 2 goal lead against the panthers, but play much different when trailing as we saw Friday and Saturday

They need to score first, take the lead into the 3rd period and then grab 2 more points

GO BRUINS!!

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
He needs to be better than Coyle, Coyle has 3 more goals at even strength and is more a defender type player than offensive, Freddy has more upside in the goal scoring side of thing in my view.
Not commenting on the skill or production, just the play style.

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
The Bruins have great goaltending and very solid defense. Those are their strengths. Everyone always predicted they wouldn't be able to score goals, but they did. They briefly looked like they thought they are good enough to fancy it up and outscore teams, but they aren't. They will do fine if they get back to focusing on defensive play from the goal out. No more 3+GA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad