GDT: Game #2: Utah @ Long Island - 5:30pm MDT - Utah16, AntennaTV

IronFinn

Sponsor
Apr 21, 2022
Scottsdale
Flyers and Canadiens are actually both younger than Utah as well this season, at least according to this: Elite Prospects - Team Comparison in NHL
I usually use Left Wing Lock for the biometrics, and was going reply with their take, but just realized they are missing 5 of the teams including the Flyers. They do show UHC as younger than MTL (just barely).

After blasting Maccelli's previous 3 games (opener + 2 preseason), I feel a need to say I think he was much better last night.

I did get a kick out of the fact that Tourigny started him on the 4th line last night. It seemed to get his attention.

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
They cleaned up the odd-man breaks a bit.

On defense, really liked Sergachev (both offensively and defensively), Kolyachonok played well, Kesselring played well but would be absolutely amazing if he could just take that next step to finish his chances.

Really like Cooley and Guenther's defensive play (no need to bring up the offense). They both are great on the forecheck, likewise with Schmaltz who has been playing well too.

Ingram pushed the game into a win this time.

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
Oh also, Matt McConnell has been great. Like Dominic Moore's analyst work too, just prefer it much more so to how Nash did the role. Only together a few games (preseason however many, which I didn't watch) and they appear seamless already.

I don't know her name yet, but the third voice for sideline type reporting seems like she's new and still getting her bearings. Their production team probably plays a part in her seeming a little unpolished; on the Utah broadcast they didn't cut away the sound on one of her pieces as she trailed off, still with the microphone on with "I have no idea..."

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Still stuck in Forum 40
Hayton has to produce this year. He has run out of excuses, and BA more or less made that clear with that 2yr. show me contract. With the Cooley line starting to get attention will also help that first line.
To be dominating, the Maccelli line needs to also be producing. Expecting that to happen when Bjugstad comes back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad