GDT: Game 2: Sharks vs. Ducks 7:00pm NBCSSharks

coooldude

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2007
Haven't been able to watch the first two periods. Going to watch the third, but how have people looked so far?
My opinion on the controversial ones:
- Smith looks a little behind and a little weak. Lots of getting the puck stripped away - looks like he's trying to play a Jumbo game with the puck without being 6'4" 230. Good job preventing a goal but if he was marking Cutter like he should have been, it wouldn't have been necessary. Still not worried but it's the hard landing many expected into the NHL
- PK looks great, notably Dellandrea with just a ton of hustle. Sturm, Kunin, Granny all doing their jobs
- defense looks somewhat more poised today. I still maintain that Ceci and Walman are a solid second pair, Walman in particular looks actually good
- Kostin looks like the physical specimen he is, and still makes some bonehead plays but the whole Smith line just isn't working. Dropped Vatrano with a sick uppercut in front of the bench that I'm happy happened
- overall the team is putting up a fight and the compete level is very high. They will win their gold stars for "COMPETE" if they keep it up
- offense is generally toothless, although "dirty grimy" rebound plays have been somewhat dangerous, but it's all we've got. Missing Macklin and the player we all hope Smith becomes.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I'm not diggin' this Hoshida-Ramey duo. Too stiff.

I've only seen like parts of the two intermissions, but I think Hoshida at least needs some time. This is his first spin in the role and he seems uncomfortable. It'll come in time, potentially. Brodie was awful at the very beginning too. It took a while before people warmed up to him and he settled into a good groove.

Reactions: karltonian

hotcabbagesoup

"I'm going to get what I deserve" -RutgerMcgroarty
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Sigh, Goodrow is going to win me over again, isn't he.
Reminds me of the scene in 'A Walk to Remember' when the dumb jock guy reluctantly asks the nerdy girl for help with his school play rehearsal and she says "OK but you have to promise not to fall in love with me" and he scoffs and says "I assure you that's not possible" and then spoiler alert he falls in love with her

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad