GDT: Game 2: Red Wings vs preds 7:00 pm et 10/12/24

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I get wanting Kasper, up. I do, I want him up too... but I dislike hearing this... ONLY because Kaspers not coming in and going to fill Fischers role on this type. I don't even want him too. I dont want to see it over injury but Kasper needs to come in and take Compher/Copps job/role.

Kasper deserves a shot with the middle six forward group. No reason to call him up and play him with 4th liners or even 4th line minutes. He'll develop better in the AHL with higher minutes, bigger role vs playing up here with no minutes and just practice.
I'm sorry, but your use of patience and logic have been rejected. Acceptable answers included:
* Doom and gloom
* Hysteria
* Revisionist history

But we have some wonderful parting gifts for you, and thanks for playing HFB!

Reactions: The Zetterberg Era

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
In losing Fischer you do lose one of your better PK guys. I know Watson can do it, but not at the level honestly of any of the three callup kids. That has to be a factor here when looking at this. I would actually allow Kasper to break in on the matchup grind down low keep things simple line. Eventually there will be a game situation where you can try him between Tank and Kane.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
They won but I didn't think they would have without Talbot. Red Wings didn't have a ton of shots, 2nd goal was a little whacky.

Something like 26 scoring chances last night? 40 plus shots.

I'm not sure that's the defensive style game they were looking for even if it produced a shut out. lol. I'll take it.

I'M TAKING IT! Red Wings have a tough schedule early, I'll be happy if they come out plus .500 for the month. To the RANGERS!

I get wanting Kasper, up. I do, I want him up too... but I dislike hearing this... ONLY because Kaspers not coming in and going to fill Fischers role on this type. I don't even want him too. I dont want to see it over injury but Kasper needs to come in and take Compher/Copps job/role.

Kasper deserves a shot with the middle six forward group. No reason to call him up and play him with 4th liners or even 4th line minutes. He'll develop better in the AHL with higher minutes, bigger role vs playing up here with no minutes and just practice.
He will develop more playing with Larkin

Reactions: Snuggs

Euro Twins

Healthy Scratch
Mar 19, 2016
People love to complain about Lalonde but honestly scratching Gustafsson after that god awful game 1 was absolutely the right move and he should get some respect for that.

Oh please. People are going to complain no matter what Lalonde does. If he didn't scratch Gus, it would be oh Lalonde is useless and doesn't change things up. If he does, it's why would they scratch ghosts replacement in game 2. You won't win.

DoMakc

Jun 28, 2006
To put this into context - out of 40 shots 17 are from D. For comparison sake Detroit's D had 3. I thought Red Wings played wery well defensively, maybe with exception of some Holl mistakes - Nashville didn't have a lot of quality chances. Maybe Nashville expected Husso to start and thought just throwing at the net will be enough.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
To put this into context - out of 40 shots 17 are from D. For comparison sake Detroit's D had 3. I thought Red Wings played wery well defensively, maybe with exception of some Holl mistakes - Nashville didn't have a lot of quality chances. Maybe Nashville expected Husso to start and thought just throwing at the net will be enough.
Depends how Rosey the glasses are you're wearing.

Hard to watch and say Red Wings were solid defensively imo, but again, depends on the glasses being worn. Nashville's defense almost outshot the Red Wings team. One player on Nashville who was a defenseman had 9 shots. Talbot made big saves to keep that game.

Is it weird I thought Holl looked better than Gustavsson?

I think this team needs a boost, trading for Rasmus Andersson in Calgary might be the best in-season move available that'll make this team alot better quick.

LongTimeDRWF

Feb 10, 2024
NS
Yes, in spite of the shot delta, MoneyPuck had the expected goals for 3.89 - 3.82 in favour of the Peds, I think even through the game itself, Mickey pointed out the wings led in HD scoring chances after 2 periods by his count.

Talbot had a great game, so did Saros, his only GA a borderline high deflection from the slot and a real fluky skate bounce, this game could have easily ended up a 1-0 SO win for either team or 4-0 Ped win as a 3-0 wings win.

Take the W while they can, 0.500 heading into the Ranger's den to start a home and home, if the wings can finish October at 0.500 or above based on QoC , they will be off to a good start to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad