GDT: Game #2 of 82: Blues @ Coyotes - 10pm ET

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
I would rather see Neighbours or Kostin in 3rd line.

We know what Barbashev is.

I wanted to see Neighbours there but I'd rather have Barbie on that line instead of Kostin. Neighbours and Barbashev have a play style that can drag their linemates into the fight so to speak along with knowing how to properly utilize said linemates. Kostin really hasn't shown that so I'd prefer he come in and just show he can forecheck effectively on that 4th line before getting a chance higher in the lineup.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
I wanted to see Neighbours there but I'd rather have Barbie on that line instead of Kostin. Neighbours and Barbashev have a play style that can drag their linemates into the fight so to speak along with knowing how to properly utilize said linemates. Kostin really hasn't shown that so I'd prefer he come in and just show he can forecheck effectively on that 4th line before getting a chance higher in the lineup.
Indeed. Let him earn the promotion with his play over the next few games (Kostin).

Reactions: TK 421

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Good opportunity for Kostin. Hopefully he takes advantage of it.

Also the Coyotes are in the Central Division now that Seattle took their Pacific spot, so these 2 points tonight are just that much more important.

Eldon Reid

Dec 13, 2018
No Garland a.k.a Blues killer? Shoot this should be easy.

Even better, only playing them one time, not 7 times in a row.

EuHiPPkUYAI6Nz2.jpg

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
Just announced that Roussel will be dressing. So which Blue will get cheap shot and which Blue will stick up for him?

I'll take low bridge on Thomas, Bortz steps in and takes care of business.

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
Can’t have a let down game tonight. From a morale standpoint, going into Vegas 2-0 instead of coming off a loss to this lowly Yotes team is huge.

I’m guessing 5-1 Blues.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
I'm pretty sure Berube doesn't hate James Neal.

And I'm pretty sure the people criticizing Neal don't hate him either, they just want to see someone else in most cases. The point is that you shouldn't use lazy arguments that basically vilify anyone offering a critique of a player before hearing what they have to say. At least give some reasoning or rebuttal in place of writing off someone's take as them just 'hating' a player.

High n Wide

Feb 24, 2015
St. Louis
I know Neighbors is most likely only here for a tryout and Kostin is a wild card, but man, I’m thinking back to years past when we’d send out the fourth line and I’d resign myself to knowing that it was basically a dead shift where I didn’t expect any much to happen. We had nobody who could push the game offensively, but the line was generally decent enough defensively that I had some confidence we wouldn’t give one up. It’s so much more exciting to have the fourth line actually be a contributing piece of the team. Even when Neighbors goes down and Sundqvist is back, I really like the depth Armstrong has got here.

Hoping we see a better game from Thomas tonight and I wouldn’t mind a goal from 91 either. Hoping the guys come out strong here tonight. LGB!

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Kostin is going to come out, score a goal and play a very physical game and establish himself as a power forward force that we lack.

Reactions: BlueMed and blueper

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I know Neighbors is most likely only here for a tryout and Kostin is a wild card, but man, I’m thinking back to years past when we’d send out the fourth line and I’d resign myself to knowing that it was basically a dead shift where I didn’t expect any much to happen. We had nobody who could push the game offensively, but the line was generally decent enough defensively that I had some confidence we wouldn’t give one up. It’s so much more exciting to have the fourth line actually be a contributing piece of the team. Even when Neighbors goes down and Sundqvist is back, I really like the depth Armstrong has got here.

Hoping we see a better game from Thomas tonight and I wouldn’t mind a goal from 91 either. Hoping the guys come out strong here tonight. LGB!
I wouldn't assume Neighbours gets sent down. Good chance he is here to stay.

Reactions: rumrokh

High n Wide

Feb 24, 2015
St. Louis
I wouldn't assume Neighbours gets sent down. Good chance he is here to stay.

If he plays the next game or two I think you’re right. It seems that if it was a 9 game tryout the benefit would be for Neighbors to have an extended stay by spacing out his games, so I think that’ll be telling. You’re right, though, I guess it’s not as safe an assumption as it originally seemed.

I’m really looking forward to seeing him find his groove and getting comfortable. There were a couple of times last game I felt like he deferred a shot or made a safe play that felt like him trying to make sure he wasn’t overstepping as a rookie. Almost like it was his first NHL game, or something.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
going back to Brewer?
Ralph Klassen was my and my buddies whipping boy back in the day
of course, my dislike of him was completely rational and deserved

I was trying to think of somebody before Brewer. Couldn’t come up with any.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad