Post-Game Talk: GAME 2 - BRUINS 6 Poutineville 4 - OLE OLE OLE

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
Didn't think I would but I prefer him to Jack. That's no knock on Jack.
He has a national broadcast style. Pretty clean and straightforward. Seems like he could go straight from the B's game to calling Duke basketball the next night.

I prefer prime Jack Edwards' personality, local flavor and love of the Bruins.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Overall team looked good for game #2. Looking forward to see a third line of Frederic-Poitras-Brazeau. I was looking at Brazeau’s stats last night. As an overager 20 year old season he was 2nd in the OHL in scoring 61 goals, 113pts. He looks like he has some real potential. You know those bigger forwards take a little extra time to hit their prime.

Someone else mentioned this might be the year for McAvoy to win the Norris. When he scored that power play goal and before when he made thay rush up ice I was thinking the same thing. If he can light up the power play and put up some big points, he might just have a shot.
Norris. I doubt that. He needs to clean up some stuff and get back to his normal self. He needs to shoot the puck more. Defense needs attention too. He’s better so far this year. Less of a burden on him.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
He looks legit

He doesn’t seem slow ~ he gets chances every game so he’s doing something right
He is making life HELL for opposing goalies already. Love how often you see him in front of the net ready to tip in or bang in a greasy one. I'm a big fan

Not sure allowing 4 goals to the lowly Habs is something to celebrate. Guys like Peeke and Carlo just can't defend.
Dude it's game two, it's alright to enjoy a win

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
Basic stats for the beginning of the last two seasons where he had close to 20 goals before January both times
First of all, it’s called hyperbole. Second of all, so? Doesn’t mean he doesn’t miss the net a ton on his onetimers. Third, he doesn’t seem to be doing that as much this year, which was the point. Jeez 🙄

DaStinger

Permanent Interim
Feb 14, 2007
NB, Canada
He has a national broadcast style. Pretty clean and straightforward. Seems like he could go straight from the B's game to calling Duke basketball the next night.

I prefer prime Jack Edwards' personality, local flavor and love of the Bruins.
I find the new guy has a cartoon character voice, not a fan at all.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
1728646640208.jpeg

1728646652357.jpeg

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
He is making life HELL for opposing goalies already. Love how often you see him in front of the net ready to tip in or bang in a greasy one. I'm a big fan

Dude it's game two, it's alright to enjoy a win
lol he’s negative ~ low happy point

Reactions: Ladyfan and Kegs

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020
Solide overall game they had to beat this team that was playing its second match in two nights, new guys looking good Elias change all things on the pp and great on pk too but the 4th line with Koepke is the story of this game 6 pts wtf!!

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Not sure allowing 4 goals to the lowly Habs is something to celebrate. Guys like Peeke and Carlo just can't defend.

Game 2. Enough positives in this one to slightly move on from the game 1 disaster. Until Monday when the excuses of new chemistry, Korpisalo, etc run out. Then we level set as fans our expectations. It is true Montreal is not good and back to back for them.

Bruins played with pace, more physicality with room for more, and had some positive offensive zone time.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
If your commute is any easier to park on the north shore and train in from Swampscott I got a few open parking spots and am 500ft or so from that commuter rail station!
Thanks, but that is not a good option for me!

The commuter rail doesn't have the "every 10 minute" schedule. I could park at the Andover station, but the T schedule is much better. I park 2 t-stops away from North Station and the T goes right into the Garden. It is usually fine but the work on 93 is tough.

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
Thanks, but that is not a good option for me!

The commuter rail doesn't have the "every 10 minute" schedule. I could park at the Andover station, but the T schedule is much better. I park 2 t-stops away from North Station and the T goes right into the Garden. It is usually fine but the work on 93 is tough.
First opening night I missed in years, I just can't deal with the before and after anymore.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
First opening night I missed in years, I just can't deal with the before and after anymore.
It was fun. I believe the ramp to get on to 93 will be open soon and hopefully the work on 93 (with the closing of 2 lanes) will wrap up. Parts of the highway needed to be done so it is good they are fixing it before snow fall.

We haven't missed an open night since I had the seats. Because of the price increase we are selling a few games this season (for a much as we can get). Years ago (when we had a real paper ticket) I would sell for what I paid for the tickets but now that I am retired the expense is crazy and for me to be able to keep the seats I have to sell for as much as I can get.

I hope to be able to keep going for a few more years but at 71 have to consider the drive to and from NH. My new car does have much better headlights!

#1 on my bucket list is to see my boys win the cup on Garden ice. They had better hurry because I am not getting younger.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad