Post-Game Talk: GAME 2 - BRUINS 6 Poutineville 4 - OLE OLE OLE

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
Well that was better. Not great, but much better. Still too many sloppy plays and mistakes but night and day from the first game. They skated much better as a whole and just played better.

New guys paying dividends. I told you Kastelic would become a fan fave. Didn't know he'd be our leading goal scorer but there you go, fan fave for sure. We saw a Zadorov hit and one big Swayman save and just about everybody played better. Brazeau makes things happen. He has to stay. Tufte was better than Jones but I see Poitras taking that third line spot when he's able. Koepke is growing on me. He just might be the sleeper pick up. Fourth line looked really good.

In 50 plus years of watching this team I can't remember ever getting good refereeing in a Habs game and tonight was no exception. It's kind of expected.

Room for improvement, but promising signs.

SpeedyLazaro

Sponsor
Sep 30, 2008
Boston
they keep forcing the puck to the middle in the D zone and the turnovers are brutal. really really sloppy with the puck.

And are we resigning to the fact that Pasta is going to a be a floating goal scorer, defensive liability and turn over machine?

Reactions: Gordoff

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Well that was better. Not great, but much better. Still too many sloppy plays and mistakes but night and day from the first game. They skated much better as a whole and just played better.

New guys paying dividends. I told you Kastelic would become a fan fave. Didn't know he'd be our leading goal scorer but there you go, fan fave for sure. We saw a Zadorov hit and one big Swayman save and just about everybody played better. Brazeau makes things happen. He has to stay. Tufte was better than Jones but I see Poitras taking that third line spot when he's able. Koepke is growing on me. He just might be the sleeper pick up. Fourth line looked really good.

In 50 plus years of watching this team I can't remember ever getting good refereeing in a Habs game and tonight was no exception. It's kind of expected.

Room for improvement, but promising signs.

Not that the officiating in the Florida game had any bearing on the outcome but I haven't been pleased at all with the officiating in both Bruins game.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
To me, the Marchand penalty comes across like a total ref flex. By the rule book, sure. It's at your discretion. Nobody was expecting that call after it went over the glass, even on the Montreal side IMO. It just doesn't happen often enough. If it were a one goal game at that point, I don't think it does happen. That's NHL officiating for you.

Reactions: NDiesel and sarge88

Clode

Aug 2, 2012
Derry, NH
Satisfying W. All the new guys had a great game and the team played with intensity from the get go, just have to clean up the details in their own zone and all will be well.

Reactions: BTO

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
To me, the Marchand penalty comes across like a total ref flex. By the rule book, sure. It's at your discretion. Nobody was expecting that call after it went over the glass, even on the Montreal side IMO. It just doesn't happen often enough. If it were a one goal game at that point, I don't think it does happen. That's NHL officiating for you.
Yeah it's a weird one, I'm surprised they called it, but I'm not sure I have ever seen anyone shoot the puck out like that in the offensive zone either

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
On the plus side we’re an offensive juggernaught! Bodies and pucks to the net: who knew? D will figure it out.

Worst phantom high-sticking call since Bergeron’s against the very same team in the playoffs. Both against the habs. Hmmm 🤔

Last edited:

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Home from the first W of the season

A good but not great win.....Bs dominated the first two periods then clearly let their foot off the gas in the third

E Lindholm is sneaky good.....makes high end plays without a lot of fuss ...easy to see why the Bs have wanted him for years

Zadorov will quickly become a fan favorite .....I knew he was big and willing to use his body.....didn't fully appreciate the rest of his game- has a shot and also made some nifty passes

Overall the Bs played better than Tuesday but still have some meshing to do. Sway has some rust to his game but the bigger concern is the soft dman coverage in their own zone. The Habs got a couple of gifts in front. The final score was closer than it should have been.

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
Siked to see Grillos on the ice.

Offense looked good. Specifically 1st and 4th lines. Carlo had another rough game. Just too many damn brain farts this season so far. A little worried about what’s going on with him. Zadorov with a few bad give aways as well.

Big fan of Elias Lindholm’s game. He will quietly put up 70+ points this year.

Imo Pavel Zacha has been our best player for both games. He’s winning draws, making plays, winning battles and he looks like a monster out there.

Swayman was just OK.

Reactions: BTO

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
This is where Koepke is from. Crazy.

View attachment 915041

The North Shore of Minnesota along Lake Superior is an absolutely beautiful part of the country. My dad and I used to go up there during the summer when I was younger after visiting friends down in the Twin Cities. Waterfalls and swimming holes galore.

Saw a massive iron ore freighter pull itself into that port at Two Harbors unguided one year. Was one of the most impressive feats of directional coordination I’ve ever witnessed.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
Siked to see Grillos on the ice.

Offense looked good. Specifically 1st and 4th lines. Carlo had another rough game. Just too many damn brain farts this season so far. A little worried about what’s going on with him. Zadorov with a few bad give aways as well.

Big fan of Elias Lindholm’s game. He will quietly put up 70+ points this year.

Imo Pavel Zacha has been our best player for both games. He’s winning draws, making plays, winning battles and he looks like a monster out there.

Swayman was just OK.
Yup has Zacha looked good (as has Lindholm). Pasta actually hitting the net with his shots bodes well too. Usually takes him until January to get that dialed-in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad