GDT: Game 2: Blues at Predators 1/21/13 at 5:00 CST

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Matching minors on Reaves and Gill; I thought it was only Reaves going to the box for a moment!

We were always going to have some struggles at the start of the season, and Pietrangelo, Perrons etc are clearly a little rusty having not played.

On Shattenkirk... 8 years, $32m... get it on the table!

BigB

We Want Big Macs!
Nov 25, 2011
USA
Perron as mentioned is so not in the game.... like he is trying to prove his worth and getting frustrated.

Pietrangelo is looking like garbage after this period... weakest D we have. Very Odd!

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
You can really tell Pietrangelo didn't play during the lockout, he just isn't up to speed yet. Hopefully he'll be back to top form after 5-10 games.

Chojin

Tiny Panger...
Apr 6, 2011
Trade Pietrangelo. :sarcasm:

Seriously, though, he'll probably get his act together as the year goes on. I wish he could have played somewhere during the lockout.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Really sloppy period for the Blues. I'd imagine Hitch is giving it to them pretty good in the locker room. Perron and Petro definitely need to step it up. Perron especially.

I don't think I could have envisioned this good of a start for Tarasenko. 3 goals and an assist in 4 periods, and he almost had another goal in this game and he almost set someone else up for a goal.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Don't think it even has much to do with whether he played somewhere during the lockout or not. He was good against Detroit. Just had a bad period. Oh well, it happens.

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012
NSH is lucky this game is tied. Rare mistakes by Pietrangelo. Blues have carried the play for the most part.

Perron needs to make better decisions. I think he's playing well, just having some mental lapses.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
It wasn't that sloppy of a period. They only gave up 6 shots, and 1 of the goals was on the PP. There was Perron's brain-fart, Pietrangelo's over-aggressive move on the first goal and the PK mistake, and some other general hitches in the getalong (transitions that weren't very clean, etc.), but it's not like they were getting dominated out there. The Blues generally carried the play, and I like their chances moving forward this game (even against Rinne).

Use the Schwartz*

Halak should have had that first one.

Tarasenko is just wow. So angry I didn't take this guy in my pool, looks like he could score 40 points this year.

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012
You can really tell Pietrangelo didn't play during the lockout, he just isn't up to speed yet. Hopefully he'll be back to top form after 5-10 games.

Didnt show any of that in the first game. I agree, but he's looked good except for about 6 seconds. He'll figure it out quick. Not worried about him at all.

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012
Tarasenko is just wow. So angry I didn't take this guy in my pool, looks like he could score 40 points this year.[/QUOTE]

After seeing what Im seeing, 50 wouldnt be impossible.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Stewie was quiet that period. Stay consistent man, I am pulling for you. I was really hard on you last year.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Didnt show any of that in the first game. I agree, but he's looked good except for about 6 seconds. He'll figure it out quick. Not worried about him at all.

No reason to be worried, he'll sort it out quick enough. Difficult to judge anything agains the Red Wings, but tonight he has looked a little rusty even outside of the play on the Preds first goal. Rusty doesn't mean he is playing badly, just not to the standard we have become accustomed to from him.

Stewie was quiet that period. Stay consistent man, I am pulling for you. I was really hard on you last year.

His work rate was still there, noticeable in the first few minutes, but after that nothing really came his way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad