GDT: Game 2: Anaheim Ducks vs Carolina Hurricanes - 5:30 PT (Home Opener)

Status
Not open for further replies.

slippingsloth

Jul 18, 2022
We played two great periods. And survived the third.

We needed someone like LaCombe on the blue line. HIs defense has been good in his last two years in college and thought he'd be on the PK. Nice to know he can be relied upon on the PK when Gudas is not available. But his offense is good that it gets overshadowed often with Zell, Minty, and Luneua blowing up the CHL last year.
Lacombe is doing the thing i hoped for which is when he is on the ice he always seems to be back when a rush is on. Its 2 on 1. Not 2-0 like last season.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
We needed someone like LaCombe on the blue line. HIs defense has been good in his last two years in college and thought he'd be on the PK. Nice to know he can be relied upon on the PK when Gudas is not available. But his offense is good that it gets overshadowed often with Zell, Minty, and Luneua blowing up the CHL last year.

I edited my OP(sorry), and I'm one of the biggest Lacombe supporters. His aggressiveness, and physicality at this level so far has been the most impressive to me. I always thought he'd be a 2nd/3rd pairing Fowler-lite, but his ceiling may be higher and he's showing at this level he's a different type of player.

Reactions: lwvs84

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Ok, so yeah it’s only two games, but you can feel it. We aren’t on all cylinders yet. Zegras, Terry, and Henrique have yet to get going, still have Leo and Killorn in the reserves. So yeah have to feel good. I already see more physicality and if by some miracle can get the PP going, then who knows. Young D is looking excellent. Not even the refs could ruin this night for us. Lol

Also, Took them till Nov last year against the Rangers. to get their first regulation win.

slippingsloth

Jul 18, 2022
Mcginn Silf and henrique are prob the next pieces of fat i feel like we need to cut
Silf certainly seems slow. It feels like his last season. Rico i hope is just starting slow like t and z. At worst i want a piece at trade deadline but i figured he would be on our 2-3 line this season

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Lacombe nonchalantly played 21:37 and 6:30 seconds on the PK with a great assist. Drysdale with a real good 22 minutes including an assist, Minty with 18:30 and a goal.

Looking up the box score stats, it doesn't record a hit from LaCombe. Did they miss his smash after Gudas did his smash?

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Looking up the box score stats, it doesn't record a hit from LaCombe. Did they miss his smash after Gudas did his smash?

Also doesn't show Fowler with a hit so must be a typo :sarcasm:. He's getting the treatment already lol. Every building seems to categorize a "hit" subjectively, maybe he didn't "separate the puck from the player", or whatever subjective definition is used.

• Haha
Reactions: Hockey Duckie

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Ok, so yeah it’s only two games, but you can feel it. We aren’t on all cylinders yet. Zegras, Terry, and Henrique have yet to get going, still have Leo and Killorn in the reserves. So yeah have to feel good. I already see more physicality and if by some miracle can get the PP going, then who knows. Young D is looking excellent. Not even the refs could ruin this night for us. Lol

Also, Took them till Nov last year against the Rangers. to get their first regulation win.

I gotta give a lot of credit to Strome. For tonight, no need for a defibrillator "K". Strome and Vatrano looked amazing tonight with Mac.

Vatrano: 3g, +2 rating, 4 blocked shots, and 4:37 on the PK, 20:50 total TOI
Mac: 2a and +3 rating (not a good outing at the FO dot today, but was great in game 1)
Strome: 2a, +4 rating, 2 blocked shots

slippingsloth

Jul 18, 2022
I know it is one game. But this was against a good team. Hopefully we do this again and show that we and san jose are not in the same place. Tired of being told we are below them in the pac. I just dont see it but rose colored glasses come in all shapes

Schedulers werent kind to us to start but we arent alone in a tough schedule…. if you said anaheim was 2-1 after our first 3 i think you would be laughed out of the room.

I gotta give a lot of credit to Strome. For tonight, no need for a defibrillator "K". Strome and Vatrano looked amazing tonight with Mac.

Mac: 2a and +3 rating (not a good outing at the FO dot today, but was great in game 1)
That second line was awesome. And 4th line carried above its weight.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
We have five new d-men, Leason is a man on a mission, Carrick can move his hips again, and Mac is now taking on the world. Eakins did a great job on making the sure the team never quit. Also, the offensive scheme is the same as Eakins' pinching d-men, but we have better d-men talent this year. Cronin is a better X & O guy to take the team to the next step.

That PP though, it's not Eakins' fault, which many keep hapring on.
I know you defend him but Eakins was/is a shitty coach. He seemed to get along well with players and cared for them but he sucked In most other facets of the game. And no long chart or graph can convince me one of the worst won/loss guys with two different teams is anything but a bad coach.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

This game was more of what i thought we were getting when we brought vatrano/strome in

- not scoring wise, but overall game/effort/agitating and aggressive

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I’m just glad Mac passed to Vatrano and not Strome. :sarcasm:

I kid Strome, you were good tonight, very good.

In the replay for Vatrano's 3rd goal, you can see Mac screaming and hand gesturing for Vatrano to shoot the puck instead of passing it off. Mac knew... Mac always knew. Now where's the "Prince that was promised" brooding pick at?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad