GDT: Game 2/82 Blues vs Sharks 9:30PM CST ESPN+/HULU

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
I said it before, and after this I'm done interacting with you. No matter what Kyrou does you will always f***ing shit on him. We get it, you f***ing hate him. We don't need to hear about it every five minutes. I hope you have fun after this.
He was not very good tonight. I just call balls and strikes.

Also if I hated Kyrou so much why would I pick him to score first goal of the season? (which was right btw)

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I said it before, and after this I'm done interacting with you. No matter what Kyrou does you will always f***ing shit on him. We get it, you f***ing hate him. We don't need to hear about it every five minutes. I hope you have fun after this.
Kyrou passed up on too many shots tonight so hopefully he learned from that. But he’s had good jump for sure.

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
He was not very good tonight. I just call balls and strikes.

Also if I hated Kyrou so much why would I pick him to score first goal of the season? (which was right btw)
And still ended up with 2 points.
Kyrou's starting the season hot with 4 points in 2 games.
He's going to have some pretty gaudy numbers by the end of the year.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Kyrou passed up on too many shots tonight so hopefully he learned from that. But he’s had good jump for sure.
Passed thing up he shouldn't have, yes I completely agree. But, he's still producing while not being a liability defensively. Players always have a habit of passing things up.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I mean, If you think the team you just saw pull out a miracle win fighting their own best efforts against the worst team in the NHl last year will win 50, you’re likely just drunk
They won only 7 less last season with an older, slower lineup, and they could well have Dvorsky and Bolduc play much of this season, and add more skill to the team. So winning 50 is a decent possibility. Holloway has looked good, so far. Broberg looks like he'll help the defence over last year's debacle. Kessell is improving slowly but steadily. No injured Krug, but old man Suter. Still need help on defence. We've got to hope that both Thomas and Kyrou break out up to another level, and Buchnevich gets really comfortable at centre, until Dvorsky can take over the #2 spot. The rebuild is on its way.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
He was definitely responsible for the SHG , has to be more aware. He overcommitted on the second goal and was way out of position. The whole team looks like they have their head in their ass.
Yes, The Blues looked like they were figure-skating on a pond during the first 2 periods. They finally got some urgency with about 3 minutes left in the game. They need to realise that banking wins and points early is easier than late during the season, when most teams are bearing down. Most teams are sluggish early in the season. That's the time to get serious and pile up points.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Blues 4th line is the reason we won once again. They got the team going.

I thought Robert Thomas was the worst player on the ice tonight for the Blues, Hofer was not much better.

I’m not sure I could agree that Robert Thomas is ever the worst player on the ice. By his standards it wasn’t a great game for him I’d agree with. But regardless of the error on the PP that gave them a goal, watching him he does so much for possession it’s hard to think his worst game isn’t just an average game for 95% of NHLers.

BlueMed

Jul 18, 2019
I went to the game tonight. The place was rocking after the second period when SJ was up 4-1. The fans were loud and obnoxious. They also rose from their seats every time Celebrini touched the puck.

Anyways, my observations from tonight's game.

1. I am skeptical about Jake Neighbours in the top 6. Yes, he can finish plays within a 10 foot radius of the crease, but he doesn't have much skill or speed to drive plays and keep up with guys like Thomas and Kyrou. At this time, he's a Brendan Morrow - better suited on the third line - and there is nothing wrong with that.

2. Colton Parayko is such a force out there. He may not have great offensive instincts, but his size and speed creates such a presence in the defensive zone. It's not sexy, but it's also undeniable.

3. I want to see more of Broberg and Parayko together. This team is a little limited on high-end talent, and chemistry is the next best thing.

4. The entire team needs to pick up the pace and play with more urgency throughout the game. There is no excuse going down 4-1 to SJ.

5. We miss Brandon Saad. Hopefully it's Kapanen that comes out because I thought Bolduc looked fine out there. I'm not sure how much more he is going to benefit from the AHL at this point.

Reactions: CaliforniaBlues310

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad