Pre-Game Talk: GAME 2 7:08 PM - BIENVENUE POUTINEVILLE - NESN, NESN 4K, ESPN+, RDS, 98.5 WBZ-FM, CKGM AM 690

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
Not good! I'm here to help you. :)
You see, what you have to hate is not "Montreal", but the "Canadiens".
Maybe it's the fact that I live in Habs country, but hating that team is always easy, whether or not they're successful. Let the hate flow. ;)
Last night i got in an argument with a buddy who is a habs fan. Bragging about the ceremony and how classy. I responded that it was too long. He responds with the usual crap about how many cups they won and called me a hater. The habs are like the cowboys living off the past. Both teams have not won anything in 30 years. Again ge comes back with we have the most cup bullshit. I said at least we eon this century. Crickets after that lol

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Wifi is tougher than this entire Bruins team by himself.

It pains me to admit that, but it's true.

Crazy and willing in the McQuaid way, dangerous in the Phaneuf way.

However not the fearsome fighter his reputation seems to be. Would fit in well with our roster.

Personally I enjoy his play aside from being in Montreal.

Reactions: Mione134

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
I don't see the middle 6 being as trash as everyone says.

I see a lot of guys who can have 20g potential. And scenarios where many of them do. Enough of them with 20g and we are there.

Reactions: Alan Ryan

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
I don't see the middle 6 being as trash as everyone says.

I see a lot of guys who can have 20g potential. And scenarios where many of them do. Enough of them with 20g and we are there.

It definitely not trash, but neither is it treasure. We lack game changers at the forward position. That becomes evident when we play top teams like Florida that have a number of them.

Love sitting Lohrei here. Let him think about it and see the game from above. Wotherspoon is a good player.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

DaBroons

Aug 2, 2005
Last night i got in an argument with a buddy who is a habs fan. Bragging about the ceremony and how classy. I responded that it was too long. He responds with the usual crap about how many cups they won and called me a hater. The habs are like the cowboys living off the past. Both teams have not won anything in 30 years. Again ge comes back with we have the most cup bullshit. I said at least we eon this century. Crickets after that lol
I can only imagine how many cups da Broons would have if the entire NHL was set up for their sole benefit for 75 years (minimum). Heck, the league let their GM Sam Pollock set up the rules for the expansion drafts, including the WHA merger!!!

Da Broons weren't the only team to look horrible in Game 1. Two teams (Pittsburgh, Edmonton) lost 6-0 at home.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I am looking forward to this one. Please win Bs with no injuries.

Hey Steve, I hope the Bs win tonight..

1728585298983.png

HERE WE GO BRUINS...HERE WE GO :clap::clap:

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I can only imagine how many cups da Broons would have if the entire NHL was set up for their sole benefit for 75 years (minimum). Heck, the league let their GM Sam Pollock set up the rules for the expansion drafts, including the WHA merger!!!

Da Broons weren't the only team to look horrible in Game 1. Two teams (Pittsburgh, Edmonton) lost 6-0 at home.

Not true, at all.

Misinformation.

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
It definitely not trash, but neither is it treasure. We lack game changers at the forward position. That becomes evident when we play top teams like Florida that have a number of them.

Love sitting Lohrei here. Let him think about it and see the game from above. Wotherspoon is a good player.

I don't believe Vegas won the cup with many game changers. I'm prepared to be wrong...

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Looking forward to this first real game of the season IMO. Just opened up some Prosecco which I'll finish on the train and am going to start getting a nice North End red sauce dinner before games.

Not really feeling anything on Hub on Causeway or the stuff across the street these days tbh.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I always laugh when folks want to call other teams enforcers, clowns. Yeah, Wifi is a clown, but you know what he doesn't hesitate to do? Defend his teammate. He doesn't take no for an answer. He finds the guy and gets after him.

Ask yourselves: if Wifi was on this team when Brad got suckerpunched, do you think he responds?

You think he allows Bennett to run away? Matty Mouthpiece?

Nope.

And that's the difference here. You set the tone and then the other team knows they can't get away with the bs.

Florida knows NOBODY ain't doing shit on our side. So they get away with it. I'd rather the clown on our 4th line who handles business.

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
Just like the amazing move Neely pulled in negotiations, I expect one of those from someone in the top 6 tonight.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I always laugh when folks want to call other teams enforcers, clowns. Yeah, Wifi is a clown, but you know what he doesn't hesitate to do? Defend his teammate. He doesn't take no for an answer. He finds the guy and gets after him.

Ask yourselves: if Wifi was on this team when Brad got suckerpunched, do you think he responds?

You think he allows Bennett to run away? Matty Mouthpiece?

Nope.

And that's the difference here. You set the tone and then the other team knows they can't get away with the bs.

Florida knows NOBODY ain't doing shit on our side. So they get away with it. I'd rather the clown on our 4th line who handles business.
Well, he's a defenseman so that would certainly be interesting.

Playing him 15 minutes+ a night is a recipe for disaster, despite the bloodlust.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
My point was its been one game for new roster. We shouldn’t judge them yet. My comment on wifi still stands. He is s clown and sucks at hockey

I'm judging this team and organization as a whole. Its been over a decade since we've seen this team have any payback on cheap shots. I don't know if it's an organizational thing where they're told no and to tone it down, or it comes from somewhere else. But it's a common problem that has yet to be addressed. No forechecking. No initiationing hits or looking for them. That's been a problem for years. Our big boys sort of shy away from it now. And I find that being a huge issue for all of our teams post Stanley Cup.

Wifi is a clown, no question about it. But I'd take him. Every team needs a guy like that. And I'm sure if you ask Hab fans and teammates, they'd say the same thing.

We don't have a guy like that. Last guy who was that for us was McQuaid. Not much of a clown, but he stood on business. It takes 1 player to change the culture and say: "No. f*** that. We can't let a guy suckerpunch our captain." "No, we aren't letting our SUPERSTAR in Pasta fight Matty Mouthpiece".

That has to change.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad