Pre-Game Talk: GAME 2 7:08 PM - BIENVENUE POUTINEVILLE - NESN, NESN 4K, ESPN+, RDS, 98.5 WBZ-FM, CKGM AM 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
I'm judging this team and organization as a whole. Its been over a decade since we've seen this team have any payback on cheap shots. I don't know if it's an organizational thing where they're told no and to tone it down, or it comes from somewhere else. But it's a common problem that has yet to be addressed. No forechecking. No initiationing hits or looking for them. That's been a problem for years. Our big boys sort of shy away from it now. And I find that being a huge issue for all of our teams post Stanley Cup.

Wifi is a clown, no question about it. But I'd take him. Every team needs a guy like that. And I'm sure if you ask Hab fans and teammates, they'd say the same thing.

We don't have a guy like that. Last guy who was that for us was McQuaid. Not much of a clown, but he stood on business. It takes 1 player to change the culture and say: "No. f*** that. We can't let a guy suckerpunch our captain." "No, we aren't letting our SUPERSTAR in Pasta fight Matty Mouthpiece".

That has to change.
Seriously….incomprehensible how you jam so many flat wrongs in a few paragraphs

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Yeah you can, my goodness your takes are the stuff of legend
Ah yes, the moral highground takes from you of all people is rich.

Why don't you do us all of favor: ignore me.

Saves you the trouble of seeing my "posts of legend", and I don't have to see anything from you either. It'll be like I don't exist! And that's a win for everyone!

Reactions: capecodder

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Well, he's a defenseman so that would certainly be interesting.

Playing him 15 minutes+ a night is a recipe for disaster, despite the bloodlust.

Why? The Habs played Xhekaj 15 mins a night last season and he had the best on ice CF%, SF%, xGF% and GF% amongst all defenders on the team. His numbers for the most part were comparable with those of the Bruins' D despite playing for an inferior team. Granted he's usually not facing the best opposition forwards but the stats still suggest he's doing ok.

Not trying to paint him as some kind of star. But seems to me that he can play some sort of reasonable defense at least, on top of what he brings physically. For $1.3m p.a., I think he's fair value.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Screenshot_20241010_155203_Chrome.jpg

Now let's go Bruins. Start the season off right. Forecheck. Shots on goal. Look engaged.

Reactions: DoubleBack

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
I'm judging this team and organization as a whole. Its been over a decade since we've seen this team have any payback on cheap shots. I don't know if it's an organizational thing where they're told no and to tone it down, or it comes from somewhere else. But it's a common problem that has yet to be addressed. No forechecking. No initiationing hits or looking for them. That's been a problem for years. Our big boys sort of shy away from it now. And I find that being a huge issue for all of our teams post Stanley Cup.

Wifi is a clown, no question about it. But I'd take him. Every team needs a guy like that. And I'm sure if you ask Hab fans and teammates, they'd say the same thing.

We don't have a guy like that. Last guy who was that for us was McQuaid. Not much of a clown, but he stood on business. It takes 1 player to change the culture and say: "No. f*** that. We can't let a guy suckerpunch our captain." "No, we aren't letting our SUPERSTAR in Pasta fight Matty Mouthpiece".

That has to change.
Play Viel, play Wotherspoon, if Montgomery is telling them not to retaliate fire him. Take the body first. Initiate contact and mayhem. Defend your teammates. Stop worrying about instigator penalties, worry more about the lazy hooking and holding calls. Your goalie gets run, defend him then run their goalie. Play like the Boston Bruins used to play like before Cassidy and Montgomery. Be the hammer not the nail.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Play Viel, play Wotherspoon, if Montgomery is telling them not to retaliate fire him. Take the body first. Initiate contact and mayhem. Defend your teammates. Stop worrying about instigator penalties, worry more about the lazy hooking and holding calls. Your goalie gets run, defend him then run their goalie. Play like the Boston Bruins used to play like before Cassidy and Montgomery. Be the hammer not the nail.
I was told these takes are flat wrong!

How dare we be the hammer and not the nail.

It's all fun and games til someone on our team is hit with a cheapshot and the career is over.

TobanWest

Jan 28, 2020
Would love to see this. Wasn't great seeing our goalie run by the player who sucker punched Marchy and concussed him. This was supposed to be a heated game and was kind of for a bit but to not see any retribution at all to Bennet was a shame. Looking at you Zadorov. Enough with being nice.

DaBroons

Aug 2, 2005
Not true, at all.

Misinformation.
Absolute truth. I was around much of that time, if not most of it. It's been documented, including by a Globe article in the 90s.

In addition to selecting the rules for expansion and the merger, there is the crooked officiating, which persisted at least through 2014, when Dave Jackson, who is from Montreal, swindled da Broons in Game 7 (Pierre McGuire mentioned on air how bad the officiating was in that game and need I mention Bob Myers in 79 in the infamous too many men on the ice game), Montreal got the first two picks in the draft until 1970, allowing them to select two French Canadiens (Marc Tardif and Rejean Houle in 69 were their last two).

Last edited:

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Would love to see this. Wasn't great seeing our goalie run by the player who sucker punched Marchy and concussed him. This was supposed to be a heated game and was kind of for a bit but to not see any retribution at all to Bennet was a shame. Looking at you Zadorov. Enough with being nice.

I'm not usually in the camp that things the Bruins have been wallflowers or pushovers in the playoffs these past few years but that right there was not a good luck. Bennett running the goaltender called for violence and the Bruins responded with just an average scrum. Only Freddy looked pissed off.

• Love
Reactions: TobanWest and BMC

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
GDT RANT:

Listen up everybody. Stop talking shit at/about one another & unite against the common enemy: the Montreal Canadiens.

You know that toilet bowl wearing bunch of poutine swilling scumbags that have made life an absolute hell for the Bruins & us fans. Don't give me any bullshit about how the Hated Habs haven't won a Cup in 31 years (& counting!!! :)) or how they have struggled the past 10 years to even make the playoffs (No, the COVID playoff run does.not.count.) The Habs & their snotty fans can never suffer enough humiliation.

For anyone with Bruins DNA Les Habitantes will always be Public Enemy #1. The Evil Empire. The Bleu, Blanc et Rouge that eliminated us in the playoffs every time we played them until that magical 1988 series. The Bruins can never own these bastards often enough or for long enough.

No Bruin can ever hit a Hab hard enough for me. No cheap shit like the Canadiens pull we're better than that. Tonight would be a great time for the new & bigger Bruins to show those wusses just how bad ass they are by hammering the Smurfs into the boards & wiping them out in open ice at every opportunity. Send them back to Montreal cringing in fear of Boston's wrath.

f*** the Habs forever :madfire:

Last edited:

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

Honestly I think if Parker Wotherspoon had played he would have gone after Bennett. He's always done a good job of keeping the crease garbage free.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
If you are going to the game, and feel like it, stop by the Pro Shop and say hello.

Ask for Mark (not the manager but the guy working the floor) and enjoy the game,

M. ✌️🍁

Last edited:

Thirty Seven

Jan 23, 2017
GDT RANT:

Listen up everybody. Stop talking shit at/about one another & unite against the common enemy: the Montreal Canadiens.

You know that toilet bowl wearing bunch of poutine swilling scumbags that have made life an absolute hell for the Bruins & us fans. Don't give me any bullshit about how the Hated Habs haven't won a Cup in 31 years (& counting!!! :)) or how they have struggled the past 10 years to even make the playoffs (No, the COVID playoff run does.not.count.) The Habs & their snotty fans can never suffer enough humiliation.

For anyone with Bruins DNA Les Habitantes will always be Public Enemy #1. The Evil Empire. The Bleu, Blanc et Rouge that eliminated us in the playoffs every time we played them until that magical 1988 series. The Bruins can never own these bastards often enough or for long enough.

No Bruin can ever hit a Hab hard enough for me. No cheap shit like the Canadiens pull we're better than that. Tonight would be a great time for the new & bigger Bruins to show those wusses just how bad ass they are by hammering the Smurfs into the boards & wiping them out in open ice at every opportunity. Send them back to Montreal cringing in fear of Boston's wrath.

f*** the Habs forever :madfire:
youre-not-my-dad-kid.gif

Joking, I agree. Habs will forever be on my shit list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad