GDT: Game 2/2- Habs vs Leafs Prospects - Sept 15- 1pm EST RDS1 & YouTube

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Mailloux has a lot of issues understanding when to be aggressive in the dzone and when to be more passive, he hesitates a lot and makes his defensive partner guess what he'll do

You can hear the cogs grinding when Hutson has the puck and Mailloux is trying to predict what to do.

Tuch at least is following the play and is robust though

I think Tuch is probably our only player consistently winning board battles and moving the puck in the direction he wants it to go in those scenarios.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
How can you expect to win a game with 2 goaltender that nobody want?? I know Miller is injured but Dobes was a valid option. The Leafs management didn't hesitate to bring their AHL starter from last year.

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
Interesting games yesterday and today. Some good players on both sides, lots of average. Talent close to equal, Toronto with a bit of an edge with Cowan AND Minten. Hutson looks good for the Habs.

Last edited:

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Mesar's best period so far this camp imo.

Beck and Heineman starting to work down low cycle game effectively.

Mailloux is having an off night, but I like how he flew in to look after Hutson.

Disappointed with Thorpe, Xhekaj, Tuch line. They're also cycling well but Xhekaj in particular looks slow and isn't throwing any real hits to compensate.

HabSgt

Go Habs D'OH
Oct 19, 2019
Montreal
SHOOOOT, that is what I,m screaming at my screen all the time lol
Careful! Your neighbours might call the cops!

Soo what did I miss?
1726426224872.jpeg

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Anyone else remember the first Kotkaniemi rookie games? He looked like trash. We were all sure he would go back to Finland.

Then he looked like a legit 3C in main camp (I know I know we should have still sent him to Finland). These games are interesting but I'll wait until the end of main camp to draw any conclusions about where these guys are at in their career.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Anyone else remember the first Kotkaniemi rookie games? He looked like trash. We were all sure he would go back to Finland.

Then he looked like a legit 3C in main camp (I know I know we should have still sent him to Finland). These games are interesting but I'll wait until the end of main camp to draw any conclusions about where these guys are at in their career.
I do vividly remember how bad Kotkaniemi looked in the rookie games.

Jee

uwu
Aug 25, 2006
Montréal

of all the people, you chose kotkaniemi :laugh:

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018

These games mean very little.

There were times where teams just dummied the opposition and nothing came from those teams, or teams that sucked ass and good players came out of there.

You always want a good performance, like when a hab gets selected for the world juniors, but not doing "well" doesn't mean you're not an NHLer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad