Post-Game Talk: GAME 19 - The Bruins have only lost 2 games in regulation all season - BOTH TO THE RED WINGS - Detroit 5 BRUINS 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TobanWest

Jan 28, 2020
PP is too predictable. Pass to Pasta meh.
Kids with mistakes.
Top players not finishing.
Can't clear the zone.... Getting old!

Heinen and Debrusk with good goals.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
How I feel.
1700860265709.jpeg

Carl Hungus

Apr 20, 2022
We all expected ups and downs this year. It's a bridge year and the ups have been higher than I thought they'd be early on. But the downs haven't happened yet, and when they do we need to remember the mindset going into the season/not lose our collective minds over it. There are clearly some issues but I'd say they're soundly outplaying expectations through 11/24

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
No hug today. Wings have their number.

Hard to tell which team Marchand was playing for today.

Trent Frederic only Bruin to be a plus player (+1). Right place right time I guess.

Rookie's with a couple of big rookie mistakes.

Blame Swayman, he didn't steal this one.

Many posters in the game thread appear to blame Brown.

Did B's win any faceoffs on power play or PK?
100% of the above.

Thirty Seven

Jan 23, 2017
Not a very good game but oh well, on to the next. Hopefully they come back better, their defensive end needs some work

Reactions: Gordoff

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
Detroit was better, simple as that. Bruins were far from their best so the result is what it is.

It does make me wonder a little if we aren't going to hit another playoff early exit though. We have solid goaltending and a good D but the team is kind of in between and that leads to many regular season wins but nothing when elevated play in the playoffs comes.

We aren't fast enough to play the up tempo offensive game like a Detroit and we aren't physical enough to intimidate and shut down that game OR play a full grind with a heavy team like Florida showed last year. We are in between and that won't get it done.

Disappointed in Geekie. As good as some off season moves have turned out this one seems like a bit of a bust in terms of value for the money. He's 4th line value at best. Way too slow to play with DeBrusk and Poitras. I wonder if Seattle misses him and we could trade him back?

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Detroit was better, simple as that. Bruins were far from their best so the result is what it is.

It does make me wonder a little if we aren't going to hit another playoff early exit though. We have solid goaltending and a good D but the team is kind of in between and that leads to many regular season wins but nothing when elevated play in the playoffs comes.

We aren't fast enough to play the up tempo offensive game like a Detroit and we aren't physical enough to intimidate and shut down that game OR play a full grind with a heavy team like Florida showed last year. We are in between and that won't get it done.

Disappointed in Geekie. As good as some off season moves have turned out this one seems like a bit of a bust in terms of value for the money. He's 4th line value at best. Way too slow to play with DeBrusk and Poitras. I wonder if Seattle misses him and we could trade him back?
Unless there's a few additions this team isn't getting out of the first round.

They're having a very good year, but it is a completely different game from April on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad