GDT: Game 18: 11/16 Czechmate: Bruins @ Kings 10:30 PM ET - NESN, SN, WBZ-FM 98.5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

toasterjam

Sep 23, 2014
Mass
tumblr_mzs5984JpD1sxcal7o1_500.gif

everything is fine

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
10:30?

How the **** does the league allow that for east coast teams going west?

And yes, I'd be totally fine making the opposite be all 7:30 starts.

Took the words right out of my mouth. Absolute bullshit that we have to wait til 10:30.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada

Isnt 7 -730 the normal starting time in every local market? I mean if the league ever went global youd have to still start local games in local time.

Olympics is same... have their events in local time.

I dont honestly see any alternative... you cater to the home market thats buying the tickets

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Isnt 7 -730 the normal starting time in every local market? I mean if the league ever went global youd have to still start local games in local time.

Olympics is same... have their events in local time.

I dont honestly see any alternative... you cater to the home market thats buying the tickets

Read my post again, see if you can work this out.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch

Playing devil’s advocate here, but perhaps it’s because of LA traffic or something? Maybe people can’t get to Staples by 7, so they make it at 7:30 to sell tickets. That plus the desire to give each home team a default start time means some start at 7, some at 7:30, and LA is a 7:30 team, just like the Habs. And, finally, 7:30 allows for a doubleheader if NHLN or NBCSN wants to show two games, one at 7 PM EST, and one with a 10:45 puck drop.

Of course, I really want the puck to drop. Now. Or way before now.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Playing devil’s advocate here, but perhaps it’s because of LA traffic or something? Maybe people can’t get to Staples by 7, so they make it at 7:30 to sell tickets. That plus the desire to give each home team a default start time means some start at 7, some at 7:30, and LA is a 7:30 team, just like the Habs. And, finally, 7:30 allows for a doubleheader if NHLN or NBCSN wants to show two games, one at 7 PM EST, and one with a 10:45 puck drop.

Of course, I really want the puck to drop. Now. Or way before now.

I'm sure they have a reason for it. It needs to be amended. It's not like west coast teams play east coast teams that often, so it wouldn't be that big a change. You give a little on both coasts to accommodate the other fanbase. We start half an hour later here, they start half an hour earlier there.

In the playoffs it doesn't matter anyway.

toasterjam

Sep 23, 2014
Mass
Heinen-Bergeron-Pasta
Cehlarik-Krejci-Debrusk

I'm interested to see what these lines do. Excited for Heinen, hope he has a good showing.

didn't even bother to look at what the bottom 6 is looking like.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Heinen-Bergeron-Pasta
Cehlarik-Krejci-Debrusk

I'm interested to see what these lines do. Excited for Heinen, hope he has a good showing.

didn't even bother to look at what the bottom 6 is looking like.
Yeah, that top line could be good

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
I have always been a huge Tuukka fan, but oddly, I feel a little better with Doby in there.

Not good.

Reactions: Bruinfanatic
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad