GDT: Game 17: Montreal Canadiens vs Ottawa Senators 2/21/21 7:00pm EST SN, RDS, TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Ah yes because Lehkonen deserves to be benched ahead of Danault, Armia, Chiarot or Mete
Lehkonen does absolutely nothing outside of his PK chances. We don't have a center to replace Danault. Armia is better than Lehkonen.

I would have benched Chiarot though.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Why should Lehkonen sit?

Only answer and it won't resolve it -- but, this is Claude being Claude. Just can't rationalize certain decisions. Did Julien not see the same game that we all did? I don't get it either.

Saxon

Mar 9, 2015
Lehkonen does absolutely nothing outside of his PK chances. We don't have a center to replace Danault. Armia is better than Lehkonen.

I would have benched Chiarot though.
I'd be happy putting Evans 3C and Frolik 4C at this point. Danault is detrimental out there.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I missed last nights game but Julien's answer is to get slower?

That said I fully expect them to win tonight.

Only thing I could think of is that there will be constant shuffling with the way the schedule is cramped from here on out, especially if the habs stay as healthy as they do.

They still have to find a way to get frolik in at some point too.

I don't think Lehkonen deserves to be scratched, and I hate the idea of getting slower, but the 4th liners are most prone to shuffling.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Only thing I could think of is that there will be constant shuffling with the way the schedule is cramped from here on out, especially if the habs stay as healthy as they do.

They still have to find a way to get frolik in at some point too.

I don't think Lehkonen deserves to be scratched, and I hate the idea of getting slower, but the 4th liners are most prone to shuffling.

Frolik looked slow in the 2 games in Laval, although not playing a real game in a year or so for him likely had to shake off the rust. Not sure he's the answer either.

Leks in the past 2 seasons has put up 58 pts in 152 games, which is a .38 ppg, which over 82 is 31 pts. While that's not great for a 3rd liner it's not terrible either.

That said guess they can't sit Evans who has only 1 pt in the last 14 games and might need a game in stands.

Reactions: dinodebino

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Frolik looked slow in the 2 games in Laval, although not playing a real game in a year or so for him likely had to shake off the rust. Not sure he's the answer either.

Leks in the past 2 seasons has put up 58 pts in 152 games, which is a .38 ppg, which over 82 is 31 pts. While that's not great for a 3rd liner it's not terrible either.

That said guess they can't sit Evans who has only 1 pt in the last 14 games and might need a game in stands.
I think fans of Frolik's former teams have mentioned that he has lost a step or two. If that's the case, it's not coming back.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

If it were up to me, I'm not making any scratches to get lehkonen out. I'm just trying to understand where they are coming from in regards to the decision.

I think the habs probably thought they would have an injury or two by now, which would have got guys like frolik and Perry some action by default, but the expectation might be to see some constant shuffling with the season being jammed up for the long haul right now.

Jul 6, 2016
Danault should get 4C minutes tonight. He's been useless and honestly I think Evans deserves a game with more responsibility and better line mates

Drouin-Suzuki-Anderson
Tatar-KK-Toffoli
Byron-Evans-Gallagher
Lehk-Danault-Armia

Evans does not deserve to play on a 3rd line.

Reactions: frapp10

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
And Danault is..... Danault......
Which is not a 14th forward. Danault was our best center against the Leafs last week. Yes, he was garbage yesterday and sending him a message with a scratch makes sense. However, we dont have center depth and Frolik who not only isn't a center, isn't even an NHLer.

Habs

Always cheerful, happy and pleasant.
Feb 28, 2002
Oh god Gary galley and Bartlett tonight. Dumb and dumber. Every time GG says ‘at the end of the day’ take a drink , i dare you

Reactions: FiveHole Surprise
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad