GDT: Game #17 Blues at Stars 7pm CT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
I think this is 100% on our players...100%.

But Berube will pay the price.

It ended as I figured. Glad I turned it off.

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
Is Berube really not the right coach to take the Blues to next level?
I don't know. I don't have an opinion on this. Not yet.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
This is Armstrong we are talking about. Hitch would at least come in as an Intern HC imho.

Not that I think it’s Chief that needs to go. Team is lacking consistency right now. Firing the HC isn’t going to help that get better.
Exactly! Some players (like Perron and O'Reilly) need to fully recover from fighting off Covid, Schenn needs to return, while Perunovich, Saad, Neal, Kostin, and Husso need to get more comfortable with their teammates, The Blues' systems, and their linemates and shiftmates, with some needing more NHL experience, and most of the others needing to get comfortable with their new linemates and shiftmates. If they can get healthier, and stay that way, they should be a LOT better as a team, when it really counts, - during the playoff stretch and The Playoffs. I wouldn't blame all of this on Berube. He's a good NHL coach.

Borderbluesfan

Nov 14, 2011
Columbia, Missouri
Well, it was ugly but the boys and I had a great time driving 7 1/2 hours for the nearest NHL game. Dallas fans are hard to hate!!! Lots of Blues fans!!! 2 Mizzou students rooting for the Blues in front of us!! Folks originally from St. Charles, Lebanon, and Springfield behind us rooting for Dallas!!! Lots of Blues jerseys everywhere!!! Lots of Blues jerseys in bars after game!!! Dallas still not a hated rival.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
They always play dump and chase, no matter if its 5v4, 5v5 or 6v5. Thats why I hate Berube. He doesnt have an idea on controlled entries.

What you've described isn't what I've seen most of this season. The Blues were dumping tonight because The Stars were outskating them, and playing really good position in The Neutral Zone, and collapsing towards their own Blueline when The lead Blue approached.

In most of the other games this season, I've noticed The Blues making solid entries by sending two of the first three lead skaters to one side, with the 2nd skater just behind the leader with the puck. When the 3 nearest opposing defenders collapsing towards the pair (2 around the puck carrier), the puck carrier drops the puck back to his trailer, who usually has a clean entry. When the other defenders see the puck enter on the other side, the 3rd Blue enters on the opposite wing, and is clear enough from the opponent trying to skate with him, that he can reasonably safely receive the puck on a long, rinkwide pass from the trailer, and The Blues can start to set up the cycle, towards moving closer towards the net, and getting off a good shot. I've seen very little dumping and chasing by The Blues this season. But, that might be because they haven't faced a lot of teams with great team defence, who choke off their opponents' skating through The Neutral Zone, and who set up along their Bluelines. We will soon see how they fare entering The O-Zone against The Knights, The Wild and some other teams. I don't remember them having had trouble against The Avs.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Is Berube really not the right coach to take the Blues to next level?
I don't know. I don't have an opinion on this. Not yet.

He is.

The Blues players are mentally fragile right now.

They don't commit to playing the right way.

Instead, they play a style that will get them their asses handed to them every time.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
He had covid in may. Is he still week from it?
Could well be. If the serious side effects can linger sometimes for a few years, maybe periodic tiredness and weakness can last for several months in lighter cases. All I know is that Both Perron and O'Reilly haven't looked nearly the same as they did before going out, since they've returned. Perron hasn't skated at full speed even one time up ice, from what I've seen. He also gets pushed off the puck a lot, which I don't remember seeing much at all, before he went out. I haven't seen any of his normal feistiness. O'Reilly doesn't look as tired or as weak. But, clearly he hasn't been over 90% since returning, based on what I've seen (every game).

Reactions: A Real Barn Burner

Mar 6, 2012
If you give up two short handed goals in one game, you don't just deserve to lose, you deserve to have your entire franchise sold off for parts.

**** that game. Ugh.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
If you give up two short handed goals in one game, you don't just deserve to lose, you deserve to have your entire franchise sold off for parts.

**** that game. Ugh.
I mean it was a bad game, but, that's a little overboard. I know the team had been bad lately, but it's still early in the season, and they can still turn it around.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
How many shorthanded goals we allowed?

That 2nd shorthanded goal. Nicely played by Krug at blueline. :laugh:

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
How many shorthanded goals we allowed?

That 2nd shorthanded goal. Nicely played by Krug at blueline. :laugh:
I mean Parayko made the same exact play last game. But, no one wants to talk about that. Nit-picking one single guy when the whole team played garbage makes no sense.

Borderbluesfan

Nov 14, 2011
Columbia, Missouri
It’s a long season, like I’ve said for many years, the only thing that matters is making the playoffs!!! Once there, many teams that weren’t expected to do well have done very well!!!

Borderbluesfan

Nov 14, 2011
Columbia, Missouri
Then there’s the Toronto Leafs that are expected to win it all every year and have great regular seasons and every analyst and statistician picks to win it all, lol!!! Seems like just making the playoffs is more important than dominating the regular season.

Reactions: CoMoBlues
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad