PGT: Game 15: Russia 7 - Switzerland 4

wickedwitch

Mar 21, 2010
I think if I were the ref, I'd go with a penalty for the first infraction and a penalty shot for the second, on the argument he was able to continue his scoring opportunity after the first trip. But I have no issue with the on ice ruling.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Absolutely not. That’s the right call.
The right call that has never happened before?

A penalty shot is a recompense for a lost scoring chance, you should not be able to double or conceivably triple up.

If he had scored on the first one, does chance number 2 happen? So two kicks at the cat?

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I think if I were the ref, I'd go with a penalty for the first infraction and a penalty shot for the second, on the argument he was able to continue his scoring opportunity after the first trip. But I have no issue with the on ice ruling.

I'd do the reverse TBH. The first trip took away the good chance, but the fact he got a PS on the first play meant the good chance was no longer taken away for the 2nd infraction, that part of a PS is gone from the requirements so the 2nd infraction should just be 2 minutes

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Man, I thought this was going to be a nothing game. Should have watched from the start.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad