Post-Game Talk: Game 15 - Frustration in Hogtown - Toronto 3 BRUINS 2 F/OT

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Thing is, there is no big change. The cap prevents us from bringing anybody in, really, unless you want to give up one of our kids in order to convince another team to take on the Beleskey contract. We kind of just have to wait for Krejci to get back, if he ever does.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Krug? Did you watch the game? The guy that has been the king of giveaways and needs to tighten it up is Pasta. He scores but he has been extremely sloppy of late.

That OT goal was on him gambling for the steal and fancy move, Schaller and Doby for overplaying the shot big time. WTF was Schaller doing out in OT anyway? Heinen? Bjork?

The goal in the last minute was also on Schaller. He had the chance to clear it 15-20 seconds before and didn’t. It’s like the 3rd or 4th time in the last couple of games.

Got a point, get two tomorrow and make it 3 out of 4.
Pastrnak reminds me of Ray Williams a talented point guard who could fill up a box score but keep both teams in a game

Reactions: Bun cook

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Awful hustle late on that 2-2 tying goal. They looked gassed but still... Give it all out. Schaller with a no effort on a lose puck led to that goal.

Then that OT goal. A 4th loss in 4 tries after 60min. 4 missed pts. And they gave Tor 2 extra pts.

Not a very good ending for the standings.

KrejciWinger

Nov 3, 2015
Krug? Did you watch the game? The guy that has been the king of giveaways and needs to tighten it up is Pasta. He scores but he has been extremely sloppy of late.

That OT goal was on him gambling for the steal and fancy move, Schaller and Doby for overplaying the shot big time. WTF was Schaller doing out in OT anyway? Heinen? Bjork?

The goal in the last minute was also on Schaller. He had the chance to clear it 15-20 seconds before and didn’t. It’s like the 3rd or 4th time in the last couple of games.

Got a point, get two tomorrow and make it 3 out of 4.
I agree with most of what you said. Krug wasnt too bad tonight but recently hes way too selfish, im sure you saw how bad the PP was tonight.

Yes pasta has been all sorts of trouble but he's also half our production. Cassidy has been vocal. I'd also love Bjork in OT and back with 63/37.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Despite the linesman's best efforts to keep Bergeron from taking faceoffs, he ended up winning 19 and losing only 9.

The rest of the Bruins combined only won 14. :laugh: :help:

Ryan77

Jan 3, 2015
Thing is, there is no big change. The cap prevents us from bringing anybody in, really, unless you want to give up one of our kids in order to convince another team to take on the Beleskey contract. We kind of just have to wait for Krejci to get back, if he ever does.

Disagree,

IMO this is where our GM needs to be creative.

Guys like

Rask, Krug

Are guys i would look to move to stay within the cap and our players other teams would be interested in.

Team needs a shake as this is just not working unless we are good with a 8-10 seed

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Belesky does not have a point and he is on the second unit. That is crazy. Then Schaller is on the second unit in OT and he can hardly skate. This is what got Cassidy fired as a junior coach. He falls in love with middling players and makes bad choices. To have Schaller at 16 minutes and Bjork and Debrusk under 10 is crazy. Belesky and Schaller are third lingers in the AHL. Come on Cassidy - really.
You nailed it

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Tomorrow night could be ugly. This team with this line up isn't going to win many games going forward. Bergy and Z should look good.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Can we not start the "Pasta doesn't play defense" narrative? That garbage pushed Seguin out of town. Pasta is the same age currently that Seguin was when we traded him for nothing.

Not his fault that our bottom 3 lines are so offensively inept that he's forced to take some chances to create offense.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Well Sundance finally got his fantasy line of Schaller - Nash - Acciari together, and it cost them the game.

While individually I liked Acciari's game tonight (especially for his 1st game back), as a line, they were a liability.

Multiple times hemmed in the Bruin's zone, including the tying goal.

Most of their dump in attempts simply lead to a quick regroup and zone exit by the Leafs.

When they did get offensive zone possession, they generated next to nothing.

Expect to see it together again tomorrow night. Butch can't help himself.

In other notes:

Belesky was brutal again. Not sure how much longer than can continue this experiment.

Kuraly has his best game in awhile, he wasn't great by any means, but decent.

Not sure what Cassidy was suppose to do using Schaller in OT. Someone had to take the face-off, couldn't be Bergeron who just came off the ice. VERY limited options there.

Khudobin played well again. He's been pretty good since the Buffalo collapse. Overplayed the shot on the goal however.

Kevan Miller had the "yips" with the puck all night. His partner wasn't much better. If Postma is going to see PP time, he needs to make quicker decisions.

Bruins weakness up the middle was clear to see all night, they had a hard time generating anything in the neutral zone up the middle outside of Bergeron. Hard to break in 3 rookie wingers when your centers are Nash-Kuraly-Szwarz.

Szwarz 5 on 5 isn't an NHL player.

Folks want to blame Pasta for the OT goal, but it's 3 on 3 OT, it's designed to take chances, odd man rushes WILL happen. He barely touched the puck. I could see it if he was the last guy back and made that move, but he was the low man closest to the net. Safe is death in 3 on 3.

Hopefully Matthews isn't playing tomorrow.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Tomorrow night could be ugly. This team with this line up isn't going to win many games going forward. Bergy and Z should look good.
I'm afraid they're having to lean way too hard on Bergeron. Tonight he had 28 shifts and almost 23 minutes. It'd be one thing if he was healthy, but he's not. Maybe they can give him a break when Krejci and Backes are back in. I'm afraid he'll be dead by the playoffs at this rate.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Well Sundance finally got his fantasy line of Schaller - Nash - Acciari together, and it cost them the game.

While individually I liked Acciari's game tonight (especially for his 1st game back), as a line, they were a liability.

Most of their dump in attempts simply lead to a quick regroup and zone exit by the Leafs.

In other notes:

Belesky was brutal again. Not sure how much longer than can continue this experiment.

Not sure what Cassidy was suppose to do using Schaller in OT. Someone had to take the face-off, couldn't be Bergeron who just came off the ice. VERY limited options there.

Khudobin played well again. He's been pretty good since the Buffalo collapse. Overplayed the shot on the goal however.

Kevan Miller had the "yips" with the puck all night. His partner wasn't much better. If Postma is going to see PP time, he needs to make quicker decisions.

Bruins weakness up the middle was clear to see all night, they had a hard time generating anything in the neutral zone up the middle outside of Bergeron. Hard to break in 3 rookie wingers when your centers are Nash-Kuraly-Szwarz.

Folks want to blame Pasta for the OT goal, but it's 3 on 3 OT, it's designed to take chances, odd man rushes WILL happen. He barely touched the puck. I could see it if he was the last guy back and made that move, but he was the low man closest to the net. Safe is death in 3 on 3.

Matthews is out. Not traveling.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Ya because this team has been fantastic the last few years.

Im sorry even healthy this team is a bubble team and a good trade is needed

You've looked at the roster right?

It's easy to look at it year to year but the roster is significantly different

Whether or not Backes and Krejci can come back healthy and actually make an impact is up in the air and reasonable to cause concern. But I think this team has a good thing going with its youth movement

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital

In other notes:

Pasta isn't THE problem, or even really A problem; it's idiotic to suggest that he is, or to assume that's what I am suggesting. However, it's also true, in my estimation, that, like Krug, he is playing with a slight bit of reckless abandon a bit too much in this young season given our current personnel. With this team of largely AHL class players, I think we need to play it a bit more conservatively in more on ice situations because, with this team, as we're seeing, one mistake can cause us to lose the game.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad