Post-Game Talk: GAME 14 - Poutineville 3 BRUINS 2 F/OT

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Me, neither. My initial thought was that he had two guys that needed to get going, at least in terms of confidence, in the hope that they would get a goal. Very bad decision. Start with Marchy and Pasta and put it away.

You need to win the FO. Coyle did and should have left the ice.

Reactions: bruins19

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Been pushed around all night, soft plays, soft along the boards and in front of the net, reckless with the puck, ass saved by Sway all night, no response when a young D been hit late...not new, supposed to be more physical this year per Monty...

Agreed on all accounts.

Goaltending still masking a lot of issues with the rest of the team. Teams usually don’t go far when they rely this much on goaltending

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
Sky’s falling skys falling. Boys out partying after a loss till 5 am!!! Unsubstantiated rumour but lets tar an feather them!!! Jesus people. Myl played ljke a desperate team who had enough of losing to the bruins It was game 14 and they played like it. We cant win every game and we should want them to. Adversity is a good thing

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I like what Anaheim has done with Leo Carlsson. Kid has 6 goals already but has only played 9 games. Once Geekie is fully healthy if I'm Monty I'm sitting Poitras after every few games, at least for now. Let his body adjust to the rigors of an NHL schedule and let him see the game from above every now and then. The season is a marathon, not a sprint. Geekie will be fine at 3C. I assumed that is what he was brought in for when he was signed, so no biggie to play him there when giving Poitras a break.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Depends on expectations I guess.

@Aussie Bruin had a great post yesterday talking about the odd position they are in right now. In essence, while they are a very, very good team, they might be better off

For me, I don’t envision a scenario where they can bring in a legit top line center given what they have to trade.

I mean, I guess there’s always chance, but the cost would be scary, IMO.
(I’m thinking Hertl for a package that includes Poitras)

I wouldn’t do that, but I think that’s the kind of deal that could be available to them.

While it can be better, their goals for is decent, and obviously given the level of goaltending, PK and defense they have, they’re going to be in just about every game.

For this year, I think I’d make minor moves to address their lack of toughness and hope for a 2011 style playoff run, where goaltending is stellar and things fall their wayway
Bruins signed all those 1 yr deals with eyes squarely on next off season with lots of cap to try and get atop centre .This season so far has been fantastic because nobody expected Boston to be 11-1-2

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Bruins signed all those 1 yr deals with eyes squarely on next off season with lots of cap to try and get atop centre .This season so far has been fantastic because nobody expected Boston to be 11-1-2

Fair point.

I just worry about that plan because as we’ve seen with Barkov and others, teams are usually smart enough to find a way to fit those guys in.

Of course next summer could be an aberration.

Maybe Nylander makes it to FA and wants to play with Pasta, as I can’t believe Toronto can justify another 10+ million dollar forward, given their defense and goaltending issues.

Or Lindholm will want to out of Calgary?

Either way, I don’t want any more #1’s or Poitras moved this season.

nonoffensiveusername

May 23, 2009
Anyone know why ESPN+ didn't have this game? They put up highlights, but no live game or replay. Really strange. Between the blackouts (I'm in the MSG market so there's 4 teams I won't be able to watch games, ridiculous) and ESPN just straight up forgetting some games are even happening, I wonder why I'm subscribed at all.

Reactions: Gordoff

Concessionaire

That could have gone better.
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2003
New Orleans
Anyone know why ESPN+ didn't have this game? They put up highlights, but no live game or replay. Really strange. Between the blackouts (I'm in the MSG market so there's 4 teams I won't be able to watch games, ridiculous) and ESPN just straight up forgetting some games are even happening, I wonder why I'm subscribed at all.
When NHL Network broadcasts a game, ESPN+ doesn’t get the live broadcast and has to wait 48 hours to make the replay available.

Reactions: sooshii

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Pasta had a bad night. A lot of what he does we live with because he is a goal scoring machine and a pretty creative passer, but he was pretty off last night. McAvoy looked off. Good flashes, but some brutal giveaways, like he was a little rusty (understandably)
Been pushed around all night, soft plays, soft along the boards and in front of the net, reckless with the puck, ass saved by Sway all night, no response when a young D been hit late...not new, supposed to be more physical this year per Monty...
That is Lucis
I for one enjoy regular season games especially when the Bruin's are winning . Give me another 65 wins.
I enjoy them but don’t put much stock in them especially after last season.

Reactions: Gordoff

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Fair point.

I just worry about that plan because as we’ve seen with Barkov and others, teams are usually smart enough to find a way to fit those guys in.

Of course next summer could be an aberration.

Maybe Nylander makes it to FA and wants to play with Pasta, as I can’t believe Toronto can justify another 10+ million dollar forward, given their defense and goaltending issues.

Or Lindholm will want to out of Calgary?

Either way, I don’t want any more #1’s or Poitras moved this season.
Lindholm is who I think they are watching but of course thats just my gut I know nobody close to Bruins :D.His style seems like a carbon copy of types they like.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
I was busy yesterday and last night but caught some of the second period on HNIC via NHL Network after we checked in to our hotel.

WTF happened?

Feh. We’re on to Buffalo.

weaponomega

Feb 9, 2004
Calgary, Alberta
Yep. Can't add anything big this season at the trade deadline. If they make the playoffs they go in with what they have and maybe add a Brian Gionta or Greg zanon. Next season is when Sweeney tinkers to make a cup contender.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
We better hope Looch is healthy for the PO'S cause if he's not the Bruins are going to get run over the way they always have the last several seasons.

P.S. Zadorov is available. It's not always about the best player, it's about the right one. Zadorov is exactly what the Bruins need now.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I’m not worried. It’s just an ot loss. Regular season loss. Don’t do it in the playoffs. Honestly, I don’t want to see this team with the best record at the end of the year. It means nothing. As I’m sure most of us know.

I don’t care what their record is as long as they make the playoffs.

One thing I hope is that the coach has a pair of balls this year and sits his players if he is in a position to do so to avoid injury. Unlike last year.

Concessionaire

That could have gone better.
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2003
New Orleans
I’m surprised there are still folks here who are surprised by Pasta’s playing style. For the good of your sanity just remember that when he has the puck he ALWAYS tries to make the attacking play and NEVER makes the safe play.

As for Poitras, the challenges he’s facing now are exactly why he belongs in the NHL rather than racking up stats in the OHL. I see a player who’s a bit overmatched but is still actively involved in the play, trying different things, and learning.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad