Post-Game Talk: GAME 14 - Poutineville 3 BRUINS 2 F/OT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ned Bouhalassa

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Montreal
It’s my fault. I was watching the game with my best bud, a Habs fan. At the end of the 2nd, I predicted exactly what happened in the 3rd period, but I said that, in OT, Sway was going to score a billiard shot off the boards, with Montenbault slipping and falling unexpectedly while trying to save the puck.
I guess I jinxed us.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
That 5 on 3 was pathetic. JVR and Zacha were surprised the puck came near the.. it's not a man advantage if Pasta, McAvoy, and Marchand are the only ones who touch the puck.
Brought the C game tonight. No execution whatsoever
Marchand are you serious? Abuse of official?

All accurate aside from the sensitive official piece. That was nothing.

Bruins roster can win in regulation and playoff OT but 3v3 non-hockey is where Coyle/Zacha as the 1a/1b is an issue.

Bruins have so little speed and offensive talent for rolling 3v3 lines.

Reactions: Bmessy

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
That 5 on 3 was pathetic. JVR and Zacha were surprised the puck came near the.. it's not a man advantage if Pasta, McAvoy, and Marchand are the only ones who touch the puck.

Bruins players seemed to be lobbying for calls half the night rather than focusing on playing the game and it definitely played a part in why they didn’t get 2 pts.

A game where you miss having Bergeron around to reel Marchand in. I don’t think we have anybody now on the team that can get him refocused when he loses the plot.

bwunderlich

Feb 27, 2002
woodstock, ny
Visit site
Gallager chirping at Sway and all Forbort does is gently push him away?
Nope. Not in early November. unacceptable. period.

Weird thing is I saw Bruins effort there, with the acception of taking the body. Wish the Bruins would treat a game as meaningful as the Habs did. Freddy sits if he is going to be Heinen 2.0.

Recipe is simple. 2 forecheckers with 3rd forward at boards around the blue line. Bruins at best, flip it out of D-zone and lose possession. It seems more often than not, this results in a giveaway.

Bruins, today, can not skate with Fla, Wings, or Habs.

It seems the game plan is rope-a-dope, hope Ullmark and Sway post save %age over .933, and capitalize on a handful of chances.

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
Fun game at times but that OT goal was so tough to watch. Lindholm gets beat clean, Poitras helps him out but whacks at it back into the slot, and Marchand left his guy cheating for the breakaway. I'm assuming from habit and Brad forgot that's #51 not #37 out there. They got the road point so move on, but I'm sure Monty will try to clean up the self inflicted wounds for next game.

1699800208305.png

Last edited:

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Way too much the sky is falling and trade everyone crap. They are 10-1-2. There are going to be games like Thursday and then there will be games like last night. Shit happens. Take the lessons learned and you move on.
Loses to Montreal or Toronto is always going to bring out more negativity,that’s just pretty normal,I personally after last season am looking at this regular season as a big exhibition season not getting bent out of shape over individual wins or losses.

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
Way too much the sky is falling and trade everyone crap. They are 10-1-2. There are going to be games like Thursday and then there will be games like last night. Shit happens. Take the lessons learned and you move on.
You are correct in the sense of the record but it is a window of how we match up to certain styles of play.

Islander are slow and big, Guys like Coyle and JVR and Freddy match up well vs these types of teams, not so much vs fast shifty teams.

Im sure DS can see this as well. Truth of the matter is this could have been a blow out if not for Swayman like half of the games this season.

The goaltending is masking the weakness of the roster, that is team speed and quality centers that are capable of getting pucks to their wings.

When your wings have more assist than the centers on the team that's a problem.

Im also sure DS knew this going into the season and is playing with house money right now.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Fun game at times but that OT goal was so tough to watch. Lindholm gets beat clean, Poitras helps him out but whacks at it back into the slot, and Marchand left his guy cheating for the breakaway. I'm assuming from habit and Brad forgot that's #51 not #37 out there. They got a the road point so move on, but I'm sure Monty will try to clean up the self inflicted wounds for next game.

View attachment 767190
The playof Lindholm so far this season is very worrisome he really hasn’t recovered from his playoff performance.Poitras has also started to looked less impressive lately,not really surprising .

Reactions: Gordoff

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX

And the idea that Monty should have been raging and hammering the team publicly. It's one of 82, Habs or not. I would have liked a win of course, and thought the team looked pretty off- giveaways were terrible, passing not sharp, no physicality to match the Habs, but it's one game. If this becomes a regular look, yeah, time to get bugged. But not yet.

Trizz617

Jan 5, 2018
Boston/Quebec
soundcloud.com
Me thinks the sour reactions are based solely upon "its the habs". Lol. The boys still got a point (premium) out of it.

You're correct in that these are good lessons to learn. Cant expect to just show up and bank 2 points against anyone. Still gotta bring it.

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
Bruins players seemed to be lobbying for calls half the night rather than focusing on playing the game and it definitely played a part in why they didn’t get 2 pts.

A game where you miss having Bergeron around to reel Marchand in. I don’t think we have anybody now on the team that can get him refocused when he loses the plot.
Other than Brad being pissed off and Charlie having a legit gripe with the Bozo's in stripes what the hell are you talking about?

Reactions: Gordoff and BBruins

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
The playof Lindholm so far this season is very worrisome he really hasn’t recovered from his playoff performance.Poitras has also started to looked less impressive lately,not really surprising .
He's not right- someone said it earlier, he looks like Anaheim Lindholm out there, not the 1b guy who got a long contract. I hope he turns it around.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
5 on 3 was brutal.
mcavoy flicked wrister on net with nobody there. easy whistle. the guy makes clueless plays back there alot of the time.

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
5 on 3 was brutal.
mcavoy flicked wrister on net with nobody there. easy whistle. the guy makes clueless plays back there alot of the time.
But thankfully he's a stud 99% of the time. What is your thought on Pasta'a efforts on that PP? He was gross all night long.

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
You are correct in the sense of the record but it is a window of how we match up to certain styles of play.

Islander are slow and big, Guys like Coyle and JVR and Freddy match up well vs these types of teams, not so much vs fast shifty teams.

Im sure DS can see this as well. Truth of the matter is this could have been a blow out if not for Swayman like half of the games this season.

The goaltending is masking the weakness of the roster, that is team speed and quality centers that are capable of getting pucks to their wings.

When your wings have more assist than the centers on the team that's a problem.

Im also sure DS knew this going into the season and is playing with house money right now.
good discussion

we know we lost a ton of offensive firepower over the summer and we can look forward to a lot of wins that are 4-2 and 3-1. The goalie tandem is the teams backbone and the 10-1-2 is a total reflection of this. So to Alicat's good point- the sky is not falling

the longer term playoff issue ( which they make) is two fold
1-against speed this team struggles
2- while the team got bigger there isn't a lot of hitting and dictating of play

but the playoffs aren't until April ...lots of time for DS to make a key change or two...meanwhile the Bs lead the East and while this years style of play may not match up to last year the results do

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
But thankfully he's a stud 99% of the time. What is your thought on Pasta'a efforts on that PP? He was gross all night long.

Pasta had a bad night. A lot of what he does we live with because he is a goal scoring machine and a pretty creative passer, but he was pretty off last night. McAvoy looked off. Good flashes, but some brutal giveaways, like he was a little rusty (understandably).

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Pasta had a bad night. A lot of what he does we live with because he is a goal scoring machine and a pretty creative passer, but he was pretty off last night. McAvoy looked off. Good flashes, but some brutal giveaways, like he was a little rusty (understandably).
I think most of the team looked off

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Gallager chirping at Sway and all Forbort does is gently push him away?
Nope. Not in early November. unacceptable. period.

Weird thing is I saw Bruins effort there, with the acception of taking the body. Wish the Bruins would treat a game as meaningful as the Habs did. Freddy sits if he is going to be Heinen 2.0.

Recipe is simple. 2 forecheckers with 3rd forward at boards around the blue line. Bruins at best, flip it out of D-zone and lose possession. It seems more often than not, this results in a giveaway.

Bruins, today, can not skate with Fla, Wings, or Habs.

It seems the game plan is rope-a-dope, hope Ullmark and Sway post save %age over .933, and capitalize on a handful of chances.
“Freddy sits if he is going to be Heinen 2.0.”
Yes what is up with him? Curling off on the forechecks, lack of any physical pushback.
When Lucic and Geekie return leave heinin in and sit Fredrick

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
thought our boys outworked and outplayed majority of this game, didn`t like the way the Habs were far more physically willing either

Not gonna have "it" for 82 games but disappointing that far too many of our boys looked disinterested

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad