GDT: Game 14: Buffalo Hot Garbage @ Arizona Garbage Plate | 7:00PM PDT | FS-A

What is the best food to come out of Buffalo/Western New York?

• Garbage Plate - Rochester NY

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Look, it's just not working out. Tocchet is trying to get this team to play like Pittsburgh but we can't with the talent and type of players that we have. The "Flying Wallenda" Tocchet system leaves the goalie way too exposed and we don't have the talent in net to succeed. The players, after preseason and what, 12 games, still don't know their defensive responsibilities.

That 2 on 0 shorthanded goal should be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

Now please understand, this in no way is a defense of the previous regime,
but we need a new coach and a more disciplined style. As it stands now, it's just not working. Period.

Time to sack Tocchet.

Reactions: Kimahri

KG

Sep 23, 2010
Somehow I doubt Barroway can sack Tocchet, and then sign a new coaches contract

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
I would have thought by now that the coaching staff would dial back the defensive system. We simply don't have the talent or the intelligence on the backend to play the way Tocc and co. want to the play. I thought they may have done that during the Flyers game, because they weren't making ridiculously stupid plays and pinching at every opportunity. All of that went out the window today, however.

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
Domi isn’t know for scoring. He’s been a premier play maker his whole career. His points come off assists.

Duclair on the other hand...

Where the hell is this Stepan guy we traded for over the summer?
This is exactly the sweeping it under the rug attitude we don't need. "Well he's a playmaker so it's ok". Turning a blind eye to the fan favorite, while putting another players shortcomings under the microscope doesn't make Domi's 7 goal pace(over an 82 game season) acceptable.

Duclair is scoring at a 20 goal pace this season by the way. Max Domi? 6 goal pace.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
John MacClain is standing there right behind the bench. Make him interim head coach.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011

Well at least Tocc is taking responsibility for most of this mess.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I think it's clear that Tocchet isn't the problem. They just don't have the horses or the leadership in the room right now. The lack of success is like a crushing weight. Tocchet doesn't make Schenn fall down or put pucks in his own net. He doesn't make OEL lollygag in his own zone, giving the puck up for a goal the other night. There are some errors where guys aren't rotating to the right guy, like Fischer tonight, but for the most part errors are individuals failing to play NHL hockey. It's like a bizarro country club atmosphere where guys work hard, but they work stupid.

There isn't a single stable D pairing right now with Hjalmarsson out. The bottom pairing guys are constantly getting dunked on. Kconn and Schenn need to be replaced. Start there.

I don't think you can 'keep the faith' with the current roster for many more losses.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I'm surprised that we're the worst team in the NHL. I didn't expect that. I thought management did what was required to prevent this from happening. Here we are. Clearly the worst team in the league. So, where's the way forward for fans? Keller is great. I don't know if I can hang on for Keller. If they awarded us Dahlin or Svechnikov today, I might be able to stick. With the lottery being what it is, I'm not sure I can stick around. It's just such bad timing. At the wits end and a real overhaul and then this? Tough. Tough not to just walk away.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I turned the game off after Buffalo's 3rd goal. I did watch the highlights this morning though. Our dcore is just putrid. Especially Demers Schenn and goose this game. The let's have a dman stay up in the neutral zone plan needs to go away. So many 2 on 1s resulting from that(Schenn and OEL) or bad changes (goose) or even 2 on 0s by shooting the puck right into shin pads on a power play (Demers).

Reactions: Yandover

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
I'm surprised that we're the worst team in the NHL. I didn't expect that. I thought management did what was required to prevent this from happening. Here we are. Clearly the worst team in the league. So, where's the way forward for fans? Keller is great. I don't know if I can hang on for Keller. If they awarded us Dahlin or Svechnikov today, I might be able to stick. With the lottery being what it is, I'm not sure I can stick around. It's just such bad timing. At the wits end and a real overhaul and then this? Tough. Tough not to just walk away.

That's where I am. I'll continue to go to my 13 games per year only because there's nothing like live NHL hockey, but I'm done with watching this product on TV. What this does with the tenuous fan support will almost certainly spawn a move at the end of the season, after which I will actively root hard against them.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I think it's clear that Tocchet isn't the problem. They just don't have the horses or the leadership in the room right now. The lack of success is like a crushing weight. Tocchet doesn't make Schenn fall down or put pucks in his own net. He doesn't make OEL lollygag in his own zone, giving the puck up for a goal the other night. There are some errors where guys aren't rotating to the right guy, like Fischer tonight, but for the most part errors are individuals failing to play NHL hockey. It's like a bizarro country club atmosphere where guys work hard, but they work stupid.

There isn't a single stable D pairing right now with Hjalmarsson out. The bottom pairing guys are constantly getting dunked on. Kconn and Schenn need to be replaced. Start there.

I don't think you can 'keep the faith' with the current roster for many more losses.

I don't really blame RT either, but he has been slow in adjusting his line up. Tucson is a couple of hours away, bring some up, send some down. Send a message. If that means benching Gogo, Schenn, Duclair, Martinook etc. so be it. Maybe our Captain should hold a players only meeting........oh wait, we don't have a Captain. That is the fault of the Coach.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014

All evidence to the contrary. Players still don't know their assignments. Players still don't know where they should be when a defenseman pinches. Players still don't know where to be on set plays. That's all on Tocchet.

Tocchet is the problem. A better coach would have a team with this young talent miles ahead of where they are.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
That's where I am. I'll continue to go to my 13 games per year only because there's nothing like live NHL hockey, but I'm done with watching this product on TV. What this does with the tenuous fan support will almost certainly spawn a move at the end of the season, after which I will actively root hard against them.

Funny how so many jump ship, when only a month ago most were all smiles about our team and what was done during the off season. I know it's tough to watch them now, but we have a NHL team which is a huge privilege and I will support them through thick and thin.

Reactions: Sthlmyote

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Funny how so many jump ship, when only a month ago most were all smiles about our team and what was done during the off season. I know it's tough to watch them now, but we have a NHL team which is a huge privilege and I will support them through thick and thin.
Its a two way street. All the Coyotes give back right now is despair. Understandable that some are done with them.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Its a two way street. All the Coyotes give back right now is despair. Understandable that some are done with them.

Life in general has it's ups and downs. It's always nice to have someone have your back when in need. The problem is this need has lasted a bit longer than most.;)

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Look, it's just not working out. Tocchet is trying to get this team to play like Pittsburgh but we can't with the talent and type of players that we have. The "Flying Wallenda" Tocchet system leaves the goalie way too exposed and we don't have the talent in net to succeed. The players, after preseason and what, 12 games, still don't know their defensive responsibilities.

That 2 on 0 shorthanded goal should be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

Now please understand, this in no way is a defense of the previous regime,
but we need a new coach and a more disciplined style. As it stands now, it's just not working. Period.

Time to sack Tocchet.

Well people didn't want Tippett b/c his system sucked, slowed the game down, never saw players getting better, he never adjusted and changed his system when necessary.

Right now, our defensive system got worse, we push the pace but have no identity as a team, our players are regressing, and we still see that same "fly up and down the ice look" over and over again without many adjustments at all.

I am sorry, but it has to be said - if Tippett were our coach right now, there is no way that we are 1-8-1 after scoring first. That's the most disappointing thing out of all of this. In over 70% of our games, we are the team that jumps out to the lead first, and yet we fail to protect that lead. We can talk all we want about keeping the "up-tempo" pace throughout the game, but there is such an inherent risk factor in not being able to play smart and efficiently, even through slowing the game down and being less aggressive. I just doubt that we couldn't squeeze out at least two more wins and a loser point with any other coach, if given the exact same parameters of how we started.

The irony of all this coaching mess is gross.

Prarievarg

On the hype lokomotiv
Oct 27, 2016
Stockholm / Linköping
I am sorry, but it has to be said - if Tippett were our coach right now, there is no way that we are 1-8-1 after scoring first. That's the most disappointing thing out of all of this. In over 70% of our games, we are the team that jumps out to the lead first, and yet we fail to protect that lead.
Chances are we wouldnt have those leads in the first place with tippett as coach. I agree we probably would have more points so far with tippett (a couple more OT losses at least), but we really had to move on..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad