Series Talk: ECSF-Florida Panthers vs Boston Bruins (FLA leads 3-2)

Who wins and in how many games

• Cats in 4

Votes: 28 4.6%
  • Cats in 5

Votes: 180 29.9%
  • Cats in 6

Votes: 221 36.7%
  • Cats in 7

Votes: 46 7.6%
  • Bruins in 4

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Bruins in 5

Votes: 11 1.8%
  • Bruins in 6

Votes: 59 9.8%
  • Bruins in 7

Votes: 52 8.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Givememoneyback

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
Screw Boston, happy Florida has them on the ropes. But....these were called no goals last series :dunno:

I have no idea what goalie interference is any more, or refs are just in love with Florida

Obvious difference, it was a player from the team that scored that got in the goalies way. Find better comparisons.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
after hearing the explanation...i get it. the rules do not allow the refs to call the crosscheck

it makes sense under the rules. I'm not sure giving the refs the ability to call more crap is a good thing.

swayman would have never made the save.

FL is just better.

barkovcanfinnish

remember to breathe
Sep 22, 2014
Chicago, IL
All I will say is this:

Bob has been pretty average this series. Boston hasn’t been effective enough in the offensive zone or powerplay in this series overall.

Reffing aside, Bennett being the evil villain in Boston aside, the main reason Boston is in the position they’re in is they’re relying way too much on Swayman. He’s done an amazing job all things considered but he needs a little more help from the team in front of him.

Not complaining of course.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
All I will say is this:

Bob has been pretty average this series. Boston hasn’t been effective enough in the offensive zone or powerplay in this series overall.

Reffing aside, Bennett being the evil villain in Boston aside, the main reason Boston is in the position they’re in is they’re relying way too much on Swayman. He’s done an amazing job all things considered but he needs a little more help from the team in front of him
First game of the playoffs I felt like it was a big factor. Cleary not the only factor but sweet Jesus was it huge.

Boston gave it hell for a period, i think that’s all they could sustain. If there hasn’t been any pushback of ANY kind at this point then i certainly don’t expect it in game 5. They just don’t have it in them

Reactions: barkovcanfinnish

DarrylshutzSydor

Aug 9, 2007
California
after hearing the explanation...i get it. the rules do not allow the refs to call the crosscheck

it makes sense under the rules. I'm not sure giving the refs the ability to call more crap is a good thing.

FL is just better.
They can't call the cross check, but could call npo gaol; because of goalie interference. So now just push the defenseman into their goalie and score? No, This has been called in the past and should have been called no goal here.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA

FL is just better.

That is not the rule. TNT main commentator was moronic at best. The inside the glass person literally read him the rules and he still made up his own interpretation .

What is especially bad is Coyle was crosschecked in the back in similar fashion in front of the Florida net in front of a ref near the end of the 2nd period. Two automatic calls this season. Both ignored by the official feet away. Curious.

DarrylshutzSydor

Aug 9, 2007
California
That is not the rule. TNT main commentator was moronic at best. The inside the glass person literally read him the rules and he still made up his own interpretation .

What is especially bad is Coyle was crosschecked in the back in similar fashion in front of the Florida net in front of a ref near the end of the 2nd period. Two automatic calls this season. Both ignored by the official feet away. Curious.
But the nhl told the refs to scrutinize the Boston Florida Series :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad