GDT: Game 13: New York Rangers vs Minnesota Wild, 7pm ET, MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
With the new style we play and the sneaking suspicion that Ramsey was letting guys play hurt more than he should have, I expect us to have some injuries to work thru but it gives guys more opportunities they wouldn’t have.

I am not as concerned especially with the bit of cushion we built ourselves and how early it is in the season.

Maybe less games for fox this year will be a good thing frankly.
Very good point about giving guys opportunities. Keeping the new blood circulating has to be good. Though maybe chemistry takes a hit at first, once the guys get rolling it shouldn’t be too much of a shock to the system. I love it.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Most people are right handed, therefor throwing right handed and catching lefthanded. So that’s what goalies do. I’ve seen guys (not high level) needing to turn the stick around to shoot righty.

Like in baseball? OBP+Slg = OPS
Yes, that's correct.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Most people are right handed, therefor throwing right handed and catching lefthanded. So that’s what goalies do. I’ve seen guys (not high level) needing to turn the stick around to shoot righty.

Like in baseball? OBP+Slg = OPS
I think both Darren Pang and Manny Legace did that as well

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
No, you're wrong! It's Mackenzie Skapski!!
Its... Its...

BOB FROESE!!!!

New York Rangers v Toronto Maple Leafs

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Its... Its...

BOB FROESE!!!!

New York Rangers v Toronto Maple Leafs
I love quirks in history where teams were loaded with exceptional goalies (albeit often not all in their prime) at the same time. Rangers having Beezer, Richter, and Froese - all Vezina finalists during their careers - on the roster in the 89 playoffs is so cool. Similarly, the mid-90s caps had Kolzig, Carey, and Dafoe at the same time.

Gordon Bombay

Remptar
Oct 13, 2006
I love quirks in history where teams were loaded with exceptional goalies (albeit often not all in their prime) at the same time. Rangers having Beezer, Richter, and Froese - all Vezina finalists during their careers - on the roster in the 89 playoffs is so cool. Similarly, the mid-90s caps had Kolzig, Carey, and Dafoe at the same time.
Jim Carey blowing up at the same time as Jim Carrey will always stick with me.

If I remember correctly the hockey Jim Carey fell off the map because he didn't actually like playing the game? Dude killed it for 2 years and then disappeared. Those are the quirks that get me

Reactions: will1066

Gordon Bombay

Remptar
Oct 13, 2006
Not expecting much from this game with a 3rd stringer, but hoping for the best.

Side bar here, save total for spicy pork on DK is 27.5 for him. Under seems solid as we haven't given up much with Levi and I would think he either implodes or we play even more conservative.

What I will be paying attention to is the pace Laf plays with tonight. Did he turn a corner or was he trying to impress Jackie Redmond?

• Haha
Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Calling first fighting major of the year from either Goodrow or Trouba.
tbf I don't think we want to play that game against Minnesotra.

Take it to them like we did the first 10 minutes, last game. Score 10 goals

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Not expecting much from this game with a 3rd stringer, but hoping for the best.

Side bar here, save total for spicy pork on DK is 27.5 for him. Under seems solid as we haven't given up much with Levi and I would think he either implodes or we play even more conservative.

What I will be paying attention to is the pace Laf plays with tonight. Did he turn a corner or was he trying to impress Jackie Redmond?

triple-h-disgusted.gif

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
Not sure if anyone asked yet, but it comes up every year. The red poppy on Sam's lapel is for Remembrance Day/Veteran's Day in recognition of veterans' contributions in past wars. The US is seemingly the only English-speaking country that doesn't do the flower.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
LMAO Sam

yes, they were so unimpressed by Domingue against them, that they signed him to a 2-year contract

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Not sure if anyone asked yet, but it comes up every year. The red poppy on Sam's lapel is for Remembrance Day/Veteran's Day in recognition of veterans' contributions in past wars. The US is seemingly the only English-speaking country that doesn't do the flower.

I don't think I realised that you guys don't do the poppy. Is that because 'Veteran's Day' was designed to be broader in scope, where as Remembrance Day is (or at least was) WW1 focused?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad