Game 13: Kings vs. Blackhawks - 2/17/13 - Another Regulation Loss...

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Quick is still a little shaky, but he can't be blamed for much of that loss. Richards and Carter looked good. Kopitar was abysmal. Ultimately, our defensive depth killed us, we need our players back.

Onto the next game...

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
Obviously, the failure to show up in the first 2 periods was to blame.

What I also want to blame is Muzzin's penalty. We wasted 2 valuable minutes late in the 3rd due to having to kill the penalty.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Kings can grow from this, they played a nice final 30 minutes.

Richards had a strong game in all three zones, even before the PP goals. I assume that is why DS moved him up to line two.

Rather pedestrian effort by Kopitar, seems the Kings cant get Kopitar going at the same time as Richards, other than the playoffs and we saw what happened then.

It's going to be hard to win getting nothing from the bottom lines. Lewis and Stoll didn't have bad games, but they just don't do anything offensively, not even a threat. Lewis hands must be made of stone. Dwight King has been abysmal all year too.

DrHockey

Apr 13, 2010
This series of home games coming up end of this month are going to be key to this season. We need to take most of them 80-90% to have a significant chance of competing for a playoff spot

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
The first line isn't cutting it at even strength. For all the crap Richards gets, Kopitar and Brown deserve much more.

Ron*

Can't win them all. At least they showed for the last 30 minutes.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Edmonton and Calgary are two good teams to play after that third period performance, there's room to build upon that. Have to build upon it.

Our bottom six is of major concern to me. With Clifford out of it there's nobody down there who can buy a goal. Also don't really like that once we get a guy scoring on those lines they have to be moved up to the #1 LW blackhole.

I like that our PP is becoming a scoring threat again, been a rarity over the last few seasons.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Echoing my 3-2 comment, I felt our effort in the later parts of the game was solid. Richards played great. We can definitely build on this.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
Edmonton and Calgary are two good teams to play after that third period performance, there's room to build upon that. Have to build upon it.

Our bottom six is of major concern to me. With Clifford out of it there's nobody down there who can buy a goal.

If Richards is back-up on the 2nd, we are basically rolling two 4th lines. We have to make a trade, or bring-up a kid from Manchester immediately

alpa

Yoda+Gandalf=Sutter
Dec 3, 2006
Sweden and Slovenia
The difference between the first and mostly of the second compared to the third was they started to forecheck and hunting and taking away time and space from hawks, and that is what Kings do best. Finished checks more frequently and that turned the game in their favor.

Muzzin did nothing wrong on that penalty. Ref mistake

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Kopitar isn't the same player as he was last season. He could tell when he's along the boards and he can't protect the puck using his body. He's easily bumped off the puck now and constantly turns the puck over. I think his injury is hampering him more than we are led to believe. All of his strength is gone.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Not going to look too much into that game.

The Hawks are embarrassing every single team in the West.

Next game please.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Kopitar isn't the same player as he was last season. He could tell when he's along the boards and he can't protect the puck using his body. He's easily bumped off the puck now and constantly turns the puck over. I think his injury is hampering him more than we are led to believe. All of his strength is gone.

Just glad no more lockouts for at least 8 more years.

Lets hope Kopi doesn't get injured during the 2014 games.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
Trevor Lewis and Dwight King have played a combined 25 games, they have zero points. This includes Lewis having more shots on goal than Kopitar

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
That's one of the games in hand the Kings have on the teams they're chasing.

I still expect the Kings to make the playoffs, because that's what this group has done for 3 years. They've had fewer points each season, and a lower seed each year, but they've also run through 4 rounds of the playoffs.

At some point a few wins have to be put together though. You don't want to dig yourself too big of a hole.

The Kings are 5-0 against Columbus, Vancouver, St.Louis, and Phoenix. The worst team in the league this season, and the 3 teams from the playoffs last year. 0-6-2 in the other 8 games(4 of those games against just 2 teams, Chicago and Nashville). The next 5 games to end this month aren't against any of the 4 teams the Kings have beaten. 4 of the 5 are against teams the Kings have already lost to.

Time to start winning some games.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
If Richards is back-up on the 2nd, we are basically rolling two 4th lines. We have to make a trade,

He will be, esp after today. He's back up to speed and he and Carter were the best 2 forwards out there. I' m not sure about Penner tho, I think I'd move Gagne to 2nd line. I'm curious to see what Sutter does with the lines B4 the next game.

And as much the Kings need a forward, they need a D man more. If DL is gonna pull the trigger , it will be fore a DMan.
Next year it will be different, Penner and Gagne will be gone and Toffoli will be up and DL may get a free agent or pick up someone who has been bought out by there team.

bk20

Feb 6, 2013

I agree that something is off with AK. Good point with the injury though, maybe its either hurting him more than he is letting on or its just all in his head? Whatever it is, if he doesn't step it up...we'll be toast for this season! :help:

KINGS FOREVER

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Lewis contributes nothing in the offensive zone. One of three players without a point. Take a guess who the other two are...

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
That's one of the games in hand the Kings have on the teams they're chasing.

I still expect the Kings to make the playoffs, because that's what this group has done for 3 years. They've had fewer points each season, and a lower seed each year, but they've also run through 4 rounds of the playoffs.

At some point a few wins have to be put together though. You don't want to dig yourself too big of a hole.

The Kings are 5-0 against Columbus, Vancouver, St.Louis, and Phoenix. The worst team in the league this season, and the 3 teams from the playoffs last year. 0-6-2 in the other 8 games(4 of those games against just 2 teams, Chicago and Nashville). The next 5 games to end this month aren't against any of the 4 teams the Kings have beaten. 4 of the 5 are against teams the Kings have already lost to.

Time to start winning some games.

Have to just maintain 500. Hockey with some OT losses.

Need Mitchell or another Defender asap .

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
It's going to be hard to win getting nothing from the bottom lines.
That's what I have been saying for weeks already. Of course these players should not be held responsible but would be nice to get some offense when your top 6 is having problems. That's just not the case for this season, and neither last season. In the playoffs players like King, Lewis stepped up and see what happened.

If I watch other teams than the bottom lines make some so now and then as well. I really like them defensively (Lewis, Stoll, King etc.) but they just lack any kind of offense. Clifford is improving. To be any good, you need that. The Kings are an above average team right now. They can win from anyone but really unpredicatable.

I can handle this loss. Chicago is good.

SuperAlmeida

Mar 18, 2010
Maybe it's time to bring up Toffoli now. He has 24 goals and 16 assists in 48 games. We should waive or trade Richardson. Usually I don't like to see prospects rushed into the league, but King needs to be replaced IMO!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad