GDT: Game 12 - Dallas Stars @ Winnipeg Jets - Tuesday, November 8th, 2022 - 7:00pm CST - TSN3 - CJOB/POWER 97

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jetland162702

Pup-peroni Junkie
Sep 23, 2011
Winnipeg
My son's best friend since grade school is Filipino. He came home one night and told me that he tried Balut, which is a Filipino delicacy. Basically it is a fertilized duck egg. He said it was pretty good but I'm sure he had a few beers so I am not going to take his word on that one. :laugh:

Jets will win this one and move into a first place tie. No more mister negativity for me. :nod:

Oh yeah, thanks Mac. Excellent GDT once again.:thumbu:

ryerockarola

Nov 20, 2011
thanks Mac

Full 60 minutes effort please

also Mac, another event that took place Oct 1/75 .........

View attachment 604961
As long as the Jets don't play that rope-a-dope from rumble in the jungle like against kings ... Hey wait a minute Jets won that, there's no pictures in W column (or on scorecard) so.... Just win baby!

Go Jets!

Thanks for gdt mac, you create a lot of content, very creatively I might add. Sincere thanks for that!

slurpee addict

Winter is Coming
Jul 13, 2018
Winnipeg
Great GDT. It's nice to acknowledge the impressive diversity in Canada and to highlight the Filippino community's contributions and culture to our fine city. Of note, it is also Indigenous Veterans Day today - another thing worth celebrating and acknowledging. I didn't know that until today but thought I should mention that as well. Go Jets. Kick some Dallas Stars a%$#...

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
Hey all:

Apparently Bettman and Daly are in town and having a pre-game media availability.

Any thoughts? I know both of them make a point of visiting every NHL city each season. Is that all this is? Or is something going on?

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
Hey all:

Apparently Bettman and Daly are in town and having a pre-game media availability.

Any thoughts? I know both of them make a point of visiting every NHL city each season. Is that all this is? Or is something going on?
They do make a point of visiting every city in the league in which case:

(a) Better to visit Winnipeg before real winter sets in.

(b) Good week to get out of America in case all hell breaks loose.

(c) Safe place from which to clear up the Bruins mess.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Hey all:

Bettman's annual you better get out to the rink and spend money or the Jets will be moving to Kansas City speech

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Hey all:

Maybe Winnipeg is getting the draft or the All-star game.:naughty:

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
My son's best friend since grade school is Filipino. He came home one night and told me that he tried Balut, which is a Filipino delicacy. Basically it is a fertilized duck egg. He said it was pretty good but I'm sure he had a few beers so I am not going to take his word on that one. :laugh:

Jets will win this one and move into a first place tie. No more mister negativity for me. :nod:

Oh yeah, thanks Mac. Excellent GDT once again.:thumbu:
No amount of alcohol could make me eat this. :eek3:

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
They do make a point of visiting every city in the league in which case:

(a) Better to visit Winnipeg before real winter sets in.

(b) Good week to get out of America in case all hell breaks loose.

(c) Safe place from which to clear up the Bruins mess.
I never thought about (C). Yeah I don't think Bettman has addressed that publicly. Maybe that's it.

None

Feb 22, 2012
I never thought about (C). Yeah I don't think Bettman has addressed that publicly. Maybe that's it.

He did, and he made the NHLPA look bad at the same time so win-win for him.

No idea why they'd be here together, as far as I know they usually travel separately? I think most major announcements are made by one or the other as well.

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada

No idea why they'd be here together, as far as I know they usually travel separately? I think most major announcements are made by one or the other as well.
They were in Finland together and it was probably quicker and cheaper to (a) come back on the same flight, (b) re-route through Canada while there's still a clean shirt in the suitcase, (c) highlighting the NHLPA's self-inflicted wounds before the union had a chance to backtrack or put some distance between them and MIller.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

What did he say about the PA on that matter?

None

Feb 22, 2012
What did he say about the PA on that matter?

He didn't comment on the NHLPA but the PA responded to Bettman's statement that Mitchell Miller wouldn't be eligible to play in the league.

The NHLPA's response was boilerplate counterstatement that any union would make for any member, the key point being member. It's been pointed out that Miller would have been in the same contract situation that Kyle Beach was in and the NHLPA neglected their duty to Beach by claiming he wasn't a member but are going to bat for a convicted racist bully who apparently is a member.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
He didn't comment on the NHLPA but the PA responded to Bettman's statement that Mitchell Miller wouldn't be eligible to play in the league.

The NHLPA's response was boilerplate counterstatement that any union would make for any member, the key point being member. It's been pointed out that Miller would have been in the same contract situation that Kyle Beach was in and the NHLPA neglected their duty to Beach by claiming he wasn't a member but are going to bat for a convicted racist bully who apparently is a member.

I see. Got to love their priorities.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad