BRUINS GDT GAME 12 8:08 PM - THE BEAR explores 'Big D' - NESN, ESPN+, 98.5 WBZ-FM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
Is except you're missing one point. He wasn't signed as a first line left winger. He was signed as a utility forward who has experience and Is defensive and scoring ability.
Disappearing is disappearing no matter where you play. Not about to let him be inconsistent and hold out Lauko or Lucic for him. He needs to continue to play like he is and he’ll make it hard to take him out. If he goes ghost then he needs to sit.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Heinen's not lousy in the playoffs. In the long 2019 run he had 8 points (not huge but serviceable), the Bruins scored more goals when he was on the ice then any other forward except Coyle, and his +7 was again 2nd best behind CC. That's a very solid effort for a mostly 3rd liner. Backed it up with 3 goals in 7 games for the Pens two years ago. No evidence there of lousiness.

9 points (1 freebee when Nylander handed him an empty net goal) in 33 playoff games doesn’t scream success to me.

In the end nobody is changing their mind.

He’s just never going to be a guy I’m going want to watch play for the Bruins.

Reactions: NeelyDan

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Wotherspoon going for the Gretzky pass to a Star from behind the net was some quality work.

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
Disappearing is disappearing no matter where you play. Not about to let him be inconsistent and hold out Lauko or Lucic for him. He needs to continue to play like he is and he’ll make it hard to take him out. If he goes ghost then he needs to sit.
Well, he hasn't disappeared any of the games. I've seen in this year so I guess I'll have to take your word for it.

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
9 points (1 freebee when Nylander handed him an empty net goal) in 33 playoff games doesn’t scream success to me.

I really don't think you can assess a bottom 6 forward principally on points.

What do you think a guy like Steen offers that Heinen doesn't?

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Sophia Yershshkvich
Why he doesn't just simply say Sophia is beyond me. He introduces "Barry and Billy then he say "Sophia Yerkavitch" (sp) instead of saying "Barry, Billy and Sophia." He makes it hard on himself when he takes the long way around.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I really don't think you can assess a bottom 6 forward principally on points.

What do you think a guy like Steen offers that Heinen doesn't?
toughness, hitting, effort

I mean, they’re both bottom line guys.

I’d just much rather he or pretty much anyone over Heinen.

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto

If the bruins had signed hynan as their first line left wing I'd be concerned. He was a freebie signing as a utility forward who could step in innumerous situations. Is who the f*** would have been better

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
Well, he hasn't disappeared any of the games. I've seen in this year so I guess I'll have to take your word for it.
Well it’s been what two/three games? Just look at his career, believe that. It’s possible he finally realizes what he needs to do to stick. Maybe not having a contract scared him so he won’t disappear.

But much like any of Frederic, JVR, Geekie, heck even Debrusk I expect them to sit if they don’t start producing while Henien continues to look good. So it’s not just him

toria13

Sep 18, 2019
if the bruins, you-know-what with a 2 goal lead 3 games in a row, i might go off the deep end

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad