GDT: Game 11 - 11/01/2022 - New York Rangers vs Philadelphia Flyers - 7pm EST, MSG (Return of Torts edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Should be a good matchup between the 2022 Rangers and the 2011 Rangers

Flyers have been the classic Torts embodiment of bend but don’t break, and Hart has been really good to start the year. This is gonna be a tough matchup, but a useful test to see how we can navigate through there being no space or time out there to make a play

2011 team is still my favorite. They didn’t have the same amount of skill as this current roster but they had F’ing heart and literally broke bones and bled for this team.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
go on....
Well... it was a fierce battle between the Ice Hogs and Ontarians, like any other contest they had in the past. The teams were deadlocked 4-4 with about a minute left. Remember, back then, there was no overtime. With the Ice Hogs' leading scorer, Benny Malarchuk, well "covered," an unlikely hero emerged: regular fourth-liner and enforcer Edmond "Beatles" McClurg managed to get the puck from Malarchuk and jammed it past Ontarians goalie Skip Branford with 24 seconds to go.

Now, it was an open secret that local Thunder Bay radio station KTBA paid Red Sumnerall to call Ontarians games on a per-game basis. Publicly, Red was said to be under contract through the 1976 season, but the man never signed a contract in his life. Didn't like long-term commitments, he purportedly said.

With goon McClurg, who was out there to protect Malarchuk, just scoring what would be the game-winning goal -- his first goal of the season -- KTBA handed Red's game check in an unfortunate and ill-timed manner. Red, already emotionally upset by the Ice Hogs' late goal, burst on-air, "This is the check?! That's it?!"

Realizing his hot-mic moment, Red quickly covered up himself, exclaiming, "Where's McClurg's check? Who was supposed to check him? This is a travesty!" not realizing he had just used the word "check" as a noun.

Far from admitting his harrowing linguistic error, Red subsequently propagated the use of "check" as a noun during the Ontarians' four remaining games, legitimizing the usage.

The Ontarians failed to make the playoffs that year, resulting from McClurg's goal, and unable to afford Red anymore, the radio station let him go. After that, Red never called a hockey game again. No one knows where he ended up, but legend has it that he's now living off the grid as a woodsman in the Canadian Rockies.

Last edited:
Reactions: Off Sides

Brother Mouzone

May 23, 2014
just-win-baby-al-davis.gif

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Hopefully it won't be a sluggish start. Back to back on the road and a cross country flight for the 3rd in 4 nights. Going to be important to get an early lead cause the legs are going to be tired come the 3rd.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Scrappy lineup for the Flyers. Deslauriers loves to throw big hits. He already leads the league in fighting majors as well. Seeler, MacEwen are also very physical players. Tony D likes to stir the pot. I could see this Metro division matchup being a heated game.
I hope MacEwen stays away from RR . RR will wreck him . MacEwen is a good kid and does tremendous things here on PEI for kids in need to play minor hockey . He lost his dad a short time before his first NHL game ....sad .

Now....I would be all for Deslauries and RR to have a go around ,

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
I hope MacEwen stays away from RR . RR will wreck him . MacEwen is a good kid and does tremendous things here on PEI for kids in need to play minor hockey . He lost his dad a short time before his first NHL game ....sad .

Now....I would be all for Deslauries and RR to have a go around ,
Stop. Don't make me feel bad for Flyers

a tribe cq

That’s just like…your opinion man.
Jan 15, 2013
Got the travel bug again….

Anyone know where they can watch the game in the city of Atlantis? Any good swim up bars?

• Haha
Reactions: Lua

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Igor in again, I like it. I think you have to increase his workload this year, especially with the Rangers not having to face 30-40+ shots in every game like they were last year early on.

I really believe they don’t believe in Halak. I hope the Rangers are looking for an backup upgrade. I have no faith in Halak going forward.

This Leon Chase commercial is missing the real Leon

5121B423-6E72-4D0B-AD4E-EFC8919160D7.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad