GDT: Game 11 - 11/01/2022 - New York Rangers vs Philadelphia Flyers - 7pm EST, MSG (Return of Torts edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area

NOOOO NOT HIS PRECIOUS FACE! Broken nose?? Why couldn't it be a torn ACL or something??

#FreeKravtsov

Igor in again, I like it. I think you have to increase his workload this year, especially with the Rangers not having to face 30-40+ shots in every game like they were last year early on.
Gotta do something about that pathetic 0.913 sv% :sarcasm:

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
With the Metro being so tight, these divisional games are already very important.

Philly is a team we need to get a lead on early to open them up, otherwise they are an Islanders style team at this point just trying to keep it close and rely on their goalie who has been very good and pop a couple goals in and sit on it.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Flyers aren't good but this has the potential to be one of those games playing Torts. Need to be a lot sharper in the neutral zone and defensive zone than they were against Arizona.

Reactions: Unpredictable1

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
By the way, Hayes in the lead photo looks like he's doing some Hockey 101 instructional thing. This is how you defensively check a player, with both arms out and extended, feet wide apart for stability, and your head focused on the puck. Master these 3 things, and you'll be defending great in no time!

• Haha
Reactions: DialUp

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I know you can't help yourself.

Keep teeling us all season and during every game how and why the Rangers suck and how if you were in charge, everything would be better.

That sums up just about every one of your posts and you'll prove me right during the game, tonight. Probably within 15 minutes after the game starts.

It fits in perfectly with your personality outside of hockey.

Edit: Just noticed you've already done so on this page.
you still going with that lame take? Fitting.

If you can't argue the points, maybe try to understand. If you're just going to say 'Yeah, you could run the team better' as your main argument... why even bother?

Our system is outdated and holding the full potential of the team back. Our lack of structure is creating a lot of defensive breakdowns. If you read that and think 'Rangers suck', the problem lies with your reading comprehension or discernment. I'm here to help you understand

Reactions: CLW

MyLoveIsBlue

Feb 20, 2015
voodoo-doll-philadelphia-flyers.gif

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
By the way, Hayes in the lead photo looks like he's doing some Hockey 101 instructional thing. This is how you defensively check a player, with both arms out and extended, feet wide apart for stability, and your head focused on the puck. Master these 3 things, and you'll be defending great in no time!
Meanwhile, he's guarding Mika Zibanejad who has 301 points in 12 games against the Flyers.

Greg02

Jun 28, 2009
Igor in again, I like it. I think you have to increase his workload this year, especially with the Rangers not having to face 30-40+ shots in every game like they were last year early on.
We have another 13 back-to-back games. I'm happy not to increase Igor's workload much overall but let's play him while we need the wins.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Everyone knows you don't "guard" in hockey. You "check" someone. How are you even a moderator here? Go back and study your hockey 101 glossary. :laugh:

Please don't ban me. This is all I've got.
As a kid I'd only be able to listen to games on the radio except for the rare Fox Sunday games. For some reason they use the term 'check' properly on the radio, as in 'Kasperitis hip-checked him into next year!' not 'Nylander missed his check who was left wide open'. So once I started watching I was dumbfounded at the terminology. Like Nylander doesn't even know what a hit is, why are they harping how he missed one of them???

Reactions: will1066

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
i foresee this being a very annoying, frustrating game. Looks like Torts got Hart's career back on track and Hayes always destroys us since he went to Philly.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Both Mika and Kreider with impressive PP one-touch deflection passes the past 2 games leading to goals, but can't rely on those working out so perfectly. Need to adjust the dynamic and feed Mika and/or CK behind the goal line occasionally to get some rotation going (allowing Fox to get lost in coverage and sneak in as well).

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
As a kid I'd only be able to listen to games on the radio except for the rare Fox Sunday games. For some reason they use the term 'check' properly on the radio, as in 'Kasperitis hip-checked him into next year!' not 'Nylander missed his check who was left wide open'. So once I started watching I was dumbfounded at the terminology. Like Nylander doesn't even know what a hit is, why are they harping how he missed one of them???
Sure, but as a longtime student of hockey linguistics, I learned that in 1971, the first use of "check" as a noun came from Red Sumnerall, at a minor-league game between the Saskatchewan Ice Hogs and Thunder Bay Ontarians. Ever since, "check" has found accepted usage as a noun as much as a verb.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Sure, but as a longtime student of hockey linguistics, I learned that in 1971, the first use of "check" as a noun came from Red Sumnerall, at a minor-league game between the Saskatchewan Ice Hogs and Thunder Bay Ontarians. Ever since, "check" has found accepted usage as a noun as much as a verb.
go on....

Reactions: will1066
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad