GDT: Game 11 - 11/01/2022 - New York Rangers vs Philadelphia Flyers - 7pm EST, MSG (Return of Torts edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Here I am in Disney , yelling at my phone from those hit posts , people looking at me funny. Getting awkward over here. Lol

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
Kakko better get AT LEAST one point here in the 3rd. I know a goal is probably too much to ask, but one measly point for all these high danger chances he's been a part of would suffice.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
I may be getting older but I don't remember the 2012 rongos like that.
They weren’t, not sure what the hell others are saying. Just because it’s the same coach doesn’t mean it’s the same style. We played 6 goalie system, Flyers are not. We’re getting plenty of clean chances from high danger areas, shooting wide a bunch, hitting posts, Hart with some big saves too.

Under Torts the Rangers collapsed hard down low to the net. We blocked all cross ice passes, slot attempts, everything. The reason we had to block point shots so much was because that’s all we gave the opponents by collapsing to the net. It took 3 seconds for the F to reach the point man, enough time for them to wind up and blast it, or pass it to the other pointman who could wind up or blast it. Sometimes they went back and forth (Ottawa did that in the playoffs against us) but nothing would open up and they’d eventually give in an try to blast it through and hope it bounced its way in, or our team got tired/injured while blocking shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad