Post-Game Talk: Game 10: Avalanche @ Hurricanes | Avs Lose 3-2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Well not really. But I am too getting worried about the state of the game of Duchene. He has not looked like expected for quite some time now.

If he never gets over his issues, having choosen him over ROR (and we basically did that. If not for Duchene, the Avs would have been forced to pay up for ROR), it really will hurt watching ROR dominate the East.

As a huge Duchene fan it also makes me very sad. Roy really should focus on three issues right now. Our breakout, our terrible PP and Matt Duchene....

Those three really hold us back. Remember when everyone was talking crap about Duchenes linemates?

Mac is just embarassing him a bit right now by making those geezers actually look decent.

There was no choice but I'm not getting into it here.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
What's there to call out? Maybe they just aren't good? Everyone expected us to be terrible, maybe we just are. Call out a contender who is sagging, what good does calling out a ****** team? Can't get blood out of a stone. Maybe it's just not there.

Fair enough.

The thing that drives me nuts is how Roy and Sakic sold the team to the fans. Then they keep putting garbage on the ice.

No one is working harder than last year, if anything they look more lackadaisical. And they said they were gonna get off to a better start? I'd argue its worst.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
There is no point in calling out specific player when about two or three in total are living up to the expectations.

crue7

Jul 30, 2011
Mississauga, Ontario
Guys are just giving it up to Carolina and applying awful forecheck pressure. Barely any clean breakouts so far and that's a friggin' problem.

System in my eyes
1. Get puck by blocking shot
2. Dump it immediately and pray for a turnover in the neutral zone

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
We have to stop with these home run passes.

Quick & short passes so we can move up ice in a 5 man unit. Is that too much to ask?

AvalancheFan19

May 3, 2009
What's there to call out? Maybe they just aren't good? Everyone expected us to be terrible, maybe we just are. Call out a contender who is sagging, what good does calling out a ****** team? Can't get blood out of a stone. Maybe it's just not there.

We are pretty good. We have a solid core group of players. Look what Babcock has done for Toronto possession wise. It doesn't translate it wins immmediately nor necessarily but the Leafs LOOK better. We look like absolute **** and we're aren't icing junk. It's confusing, I don't blame Roy or the players but here I am scratching my head along with my fellow fans. We're icing a better team than how we look, that I'm sure of.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Why is there no passion? Because the leaders are all either too old, too young (Mackinnon), or headcases (Duchene). Landeskog cares but he can't do it alone.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Fair enough.

The thing that drives me nuts is how Roy and Sakic sold the team to the fans. Then they keep putting garbage on the ice.

No one is working harder than last year, if anything they look more lackadaisical. And they said they were gonna get off to a better start? I'd argue its worst.

I think we all should have learned by now not to take anything they say seriously. Roy knows how to (most of the time) come across as if he has a handle on everything / sounds very re-assuring, but nothing about the Avs' on ice product has backed that up.

And for those bringing up keeping Duchene 'over' O'Reilly...seriously? Have you been living under a rock for the past several years? You actually think it was a choice of one or the other?

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Fair enough.

You can't just say you'll have a good start and then just go out and do it. It's clear this team just doesn't work right now. The lineup is almost how everyone here would have it. It's not a matter of will or whatever. We just aren't good, it's that simple. The 112 point season just screwed everyone's mind. This team has younger, less experienced pieces.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Anyone else feel like someone told Zads to reign in his play?

Seems like he isn't looking for those "physical" moments for the last couple games. I think he needs that to really engage in the rest of the game.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
There was no choice but I'm not getting into it here.

I get your train of thought but I disagree with it.

Yeah ROR forced his way out but there is no way that the Avs let him go if they don't have Matt Duchene.

I am not clamoring for ROR or anything although I loved him as a player.

I am just saying that Duchene has to step it up bigtime or we will one day really regret not trading him instead of ROR (whom lets face it we are really missing right now).

Yeah Landeskog is bad right now but there are atleast indications that he is banged up and atleast he looked very good over our first few games.

Duchene on the other hand has been a trainwreck the whole season so far from what I have seen and read so far. And he did not finish last season on a high note IIRC either.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Avs struggle to create much. Canes seem to have much more space when gaining the blue line than Avs do.

It's one of the worst hockey games I've seen this year. Low quality in all areas of the game.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
5 vs 5 team corsi

40-17 Carolina

Best
Mitchell 2-4
Gormley 5-7
Grigorenko 2-5
McLeod 1-4

Worst
Holden 5-20
Barrie 5-16
EJ 7-16
Soderberg 7-16

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010
I thought Landeskog looked pretty good first couple games of the year. He's doing his vanishing act again like last year around this time though.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
We are pretty good. We have a solid core group of players. Look what Babcock has done for Toronto possession wise. It doesn't translate it wins immmediately nor necessarily but the Leafs LOOK better. We look like absolute **** and we're aren't icing junk. It's confusing, I don't blame Roy or the players but here I am scratching my head along with my fellow fans. We're icing a better team than how we look, that I'm sure of.

I really don't think so, it's better in theory. It might eventually look better. You can't just turnover 1/3 of the roster and just assume it's all going to be great. We don't even have enough top 6 forwards, the D is young.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Anyone else feel like someone told Zads to reign in his play?

Seems like he isn't looking for those "physical" moments for the last couple games. I think he needs that to really engage in the rest of the game.

He went for a hit at the wrong time and helped cause that rask goal. If they reigning him in he sure didnt listen there. Thats the first time I seen Roy lean into one of the guys since that one playoff game when he went at Mackinnon for something

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Wheres his passion this year?

Read this business every year.

Followed by how he is too focused on making that passionate play and putting the Avs in a bad spot.

Followed by how he doesn't work hard enough at both ends.

At least he's consistent in his mediocrity I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad