Post-Game Talk: GAME 1 - Swampkittens 6 BRUINS 4

Ozzy Osbourne

Nov 14, 2023
Freddy tried to go with Tkachuk- nothing doing. Zadorov tried to go with Bennett- nothing doing. They have no issue fighting Pasta and Lindholm. Two gutless players.

What was 100 times more disgusting was no immediate response to Bennetts running Korpse. I understand that all refs try to stop fights at all costs, but there should have been total mayhem for the remainder of the game which was out of hand at that point.

We now have plenty of guys capable so all fingers should be pointing at Monty. He clearly is ok with somehow still getting bullied despite the new much, much tougher roster.

This and the uninspired play make me want Monty fired today. I just hope they don’t extend him. We need Clode back.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
At the end of the day it is one game out of the season.

Having said that, they came out flat yet again against this team and allowed themselves to get pushed around.

I know he has a ton of success with this group and his regular season success is outstanding. I also know SWAYMAN WON A SERIES against Toronto last year, but I just can’t shake this feeling that Montgomery isn’t the right fit.

I’m probably wrong, wouldn’t be the first time. Just can’t shake it.
FIFY

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
If you’re Florida, why bother engaging the Bruins’ attempts at extracurriculars?

We won the Cup last season and kicked your ass on our way doing so.

And now we kicked your asses again.

Shoe’s on the other foot so to speak.

Reactions: KillerMillerTime

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
Biggest team in hockey and their goalie still got run over....and the answer was face washes. There are times you need to blow a gasket and that moment was then or shortly after. Send some messages. If they won't fight, give them no choice. Run some of the better players. A lot of new players here, step up and endear yourself. The score is whatever, not going to go nuts but the responses to Florida all night? Not the identity I was hoping for.

Last edited:

bwunderlich

Feb 27, 2002
woodstock, ny
Visit site
out prepped
out worked
out played
out coached

That being said, it's 2-1, Bruins on the PP and Mac allows that type of 1-on-one defense allowing that quality of shot and Korpi allowing the shorty. That was the game.

"They say your Methods, have become . . .unsound
Are my methods . . .unsound?
I don't see any method at all sir."

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Interesting how different Marchand is. You think he would be in the middle of a game like tonight, but he was much like Pasta kind of there but mostly invisible
Dude had three surgeries dude. Give him some slack and time.

Reactions: lopey

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
You cannot let Florida get a head of steam in the first 10 minutes like they did. They should know that by now, and yet the Bruins were NOT prepared to play that game. Everything needs work. Only one game though, they'll be better next one
The Bruins usually let the opposing team get out their frustrations in the first period and then take over. Never liked this approach.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Sometimes I think some of these guys are too worried about pissing off a summer training pal or a guy they share an agent with. Asshats like Tkachuk and Bennett wouldn't care if it was their grandma with a walker in the opposing crease. They'd mow them down for a laugh and a moment on the jumbotron doing a mouthpiece dangle. That mentality is working wonders for the former laughing stock club. They have 9 new players in the lineup tonight and they picked up right where they left off.

I like the new Marchand. But I LOVE the old Marchand. Maybe he's saving it for the paying crowd on causeway next week or he's just still really hurting, but even with him all grown up in the suburbs, I still expect him to pay Bennett back somehow.

I suppose it's only one game.
Nine new players played for Florida tonight?

Last year players playing tonight

G - Bob

D - Ekblad - Forsling - Mikkola - Kulikov -Balinskus

C - Barkov - Bennett - Lundell

W - Ranheim - Tkachuk - Verhaege - Listo - Rodriguez - Gadkovich - Samoskevich

Only Greer and both Boqvists haven't played with Florida at some point last year.who played tonight and one of them played one period.

Bruins had 5 new players and an out of shape #63.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
Bennett now has punched the captain in the face and dove into the goaltender's head. The response has been tepid. The team can't let him get away with it anymore. Freddy is targeting the wrong guy - Tkachuk will simply turtle the night away when engaged in scrums and let the refs come play personal bodyguards of his. Go after Bennett and start sending messages his shit has to stop. McAvoy stepped up and almost nailed him with an open ice hit in the 1st that would been glorious if he caught him.
Bennett won’t fight anyone unless he knows he has a significant edge. If he can’t sucker an unsuspecting player or take on a guy with zero fighting experience, he’s extremely hesitant.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Halifax
I'm not a Lohrei guy at all! I think he's softer than Carlo on the backend and is consistently getting worked by the opposing team. I'd insert Wortherspoon next game!

Sign Johnson for the love of god. We need him or Poitras or Lysell in the top 6.......not shitting on Geekie but we can't have Brazeau or Jones or whoever on our 3rd line.

Koepke and Jones and Brazeau were dog shit

Zacha-Lindholm-Pasta
Marchy-Coyle-Johnson
Freddy-Beecher-Geekie
Jones-Kastelic-Brazeau

Zaddy-McAvoy
Lindholm-Carlo
Wortherspoon-Peeke

Swayman

aguineapig72

Jun 28, 2023
New season, new roster, opening night against a hated rival, it's like the excitement of getting a brand new bike as a kid. Can't wait to take it for a spin and show off.

1728471723466.png

• Haha
Reactions: Ned Bouhalassa

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad